ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens sign Schaub as backup QB

TBird

animal_house_10.jpg

OK.....He's better than Wenning....but not by much.

Nothing's changed....Joe has to stay healthy for another year.

Keep the streak going Joe....

Joe Flacco has never missed a start since joining the Ravens in 2008. His 112 consecutive starts is the third-longest current streak and the sixth longest in NFL history.

Joe keeps setting all these records....quietly. :gorave:

Edited by vmax

No jest, Shaubb couldn't qb northern high to a win

Right Crave. He's only thrown 25,000 yards in his career. Yeah, he's a bum.

Seriously, let's get serious. Schaub is a great pick up for the Ravens. A perfect back up- should Joe get sidelined.

Seriously, let's get serious. Schaub is a great pick up for the Ravens. A perfect back up- should Joe get sidelined.

He was an INT machine in 2013, and let's face it he couldn't land the starting job in Oakland last season. Just glad January Joe is made of titanium.

And how is his stats from the past two seasons justify A 2 million dollar paycheck? I don't know what we were paying Tyrod but I would of kept him, he's been here a few years and knows the personnel.

We didn't see Denver through the carrots shaubs way did we? If any team needs a two million dollar backup its them.

Edited by cravnravn

Tyrod's got a 3 year deal worth 3.3 mil with 1 min guaranteed. Schaub got a 1 year 2mil deal no guarantee. We're paying MORE for Schaub. He left to get possible playing time which no one can blame him. My guess is they cut Schaub later and try to get the vet min for him later.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/tyrod-taylor/

Year Base Salary Signing Bonus Cap Hit Dead Cap 2015 buffalo.png$750,000 $133,333 $883,333 $1,150,000 2016 buffalo.png$1,000,000 $133,333 $1,133,333 $266,668 2017 buffalo.png$1,200,000 $133,334 $1,333,334 $133,334

EDIT: Apparently Schaub is a 1mil base 1mil guarantee

He was an INT machine in 2013, and let's face it he couldn't land the starting job in Oakland last season. Just glad January Joe is made of titanium.

And how is his stats from the past two seasons justify A 2 million dollar paycheck? I don't know what we were paying Tyrod but I would of kept him, he's been here a few years and knows the personnel.

We didn't see Denver through the carrots shaubs way did we? If any team needs a two million dollar backup its them.

$2mil is close to the vet min.

Did you watch Shaub in his last year in Texas? And just who did he lose his job to in Oakland? And why?