ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

New Mock 1st with Trades

ravensfanatic77

1. St. Louis Rams: Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma...I don't agree with this pick but all signs point towards it. Personally, I would draft Suh whois head and shoulders above any other prospect and then target Colt McCoy by trading back into first or with the 1st pick of 2nd round.

2. Detroit Lions: Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska

3. Tampa Bay Bucaneers: Gerald McCoy DT, Oklahoma

4. ***TRADE*** Cleveland Browns (via Washington Redskins): Eric Berry, S, Tennessee

5. Kansas City Chiefs: Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State

6. Seattle Seahawks: Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma

7. Washington Redskins (via trade with Cleveland Browns): Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers

8. ***TRADE*** Pittsburgh Steelers (via Oakland Raiders): Joe Haden, CB, Florida...The Steelers trade their 3rd or 4th round pick and Big Ben for the #8 overall pick. Reason they had to add a pick with Big Ben is because a 6 game suspension has been handed down and makes teams a little hesitant to give up a first for just Ben. Thank god that scum bag is out of the AFCN now!

9. Buffalo Bills: Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee

10. Jacksonville Jaguars: Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech

11. ***TRADE*** Philadelphia Eagles (via Denver Broncos (from Chicago): Earl Thomas, S, Texas

12. Miami Dolphins: Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida

13. San Francisco 49ers: Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa

14. Seattle Seahawks (from Denver): C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson

15. New York Giants: Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama

16. Tennessee Titans: Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State

17. ***TRADE*** Denver Broncos (via San Francisco 49ers (from Carolina): Maurkice Pouncey, OC/OG, Florida

18. Pittsburgh Steelers: Mike Iupati, OG/OT, Idaho...may now consider Jimmy Clausen at this point, but I think they pass.

19. Atlanta Falcons: Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan

20. Houston Texans: Kareem Jackson, CB, Alabama

21. Cincinnati Bengals: Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State

22. New England Patriots: Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma

23. Green Bay Packers: Charles Brown, OT, USC

24. San Francisco 49ers (from Denver via Philadelphia Eagles): Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame

25. Baltimore Ravens: Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech...Still don't see a better value pick out there at this point. The Ravens continue to build the offense for the future and draft Thomas to play as a #3/4 WR this season and groom into an amazing #2 for next year. Look for the Ravens to now shop Mark Clayton for a 4th or 5th rounder. If they don't go with Thomas, look for a trade down or selecting Jared Odrick, Devin McCourty, Jerry Hughes, Linval Joseph, or Terrence Cody. Just please for god's sake...NO TAYLOR MAYS!!!!!

26. Arizona Cardinals: Jerry Hughes, OLB, TCU

27. Dallas Cowboys: Jared Odrick, DE, Penn State

28. San Diego Chargers: Terrence Cody, NT, Alabama

29. New York Jets: Taylor Mays, S, USC

30. Minnesota Vikings: Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers

31. Indianapolis Colts: Linval Joseph, DT, East Carolina

32. New Orleans Saints: Sean Witherspoon, OLB, Missouri

I'd have Sergio Kindle go to the Titans and switch the Texans to Kyle Wilson. Looks great otherwise.

Receiver isn't the most pressing need for the Ravens but you have to love his deep ball potential and blocking ability. Thomas and Boldin run blocking should make Ray Rice even better than he was last year, which is downright scary.

If Dez Bryant falls to #21 and we draft Thomas at #25 I'm going to be peeved. Bryant is heads and shoulders above Thomas and would be absolutely worth the 4th rounder required to move up 4 spots like that.

On another note, I feel really good about this draft now. It looks like Odrick and Cody will both definitely be available as fallback options at #25, and I would be happy with either.

If Dez Bryant falls to #21 and we draft Thomas at #25 I'm going to be peeved. Bryant is heads and shoulders above Thomas and would be absolutely worth the 4th rounder required to move up 4 spots like that.

On another note, I feel really good about this draft now. It looks like Odrick and Cody will both definitely be available as fallback options at #25, and I would be happy with either.

I agree that Dez Bryant is a better prospect at this point than Thomas, but Thomas does have huge upside potential. If Dez Bryant did slip to the Bengals, we would have to trade up to #20 to get him because there is no way Cincinnati passes on him and they won't trade with us so we could take him over them. In order to trade up from #25 to #20 it would take way more than just a 4th rounder (which we don't even have). According to the NFL pick value chart (http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/pickvaluechart.htm), the #20 pick is worth 850 points while the #25 pick is worth 720 points. In order to make up that 130 point difference it would cost us probably our 3rd rounder for the 2011 draft and one of our two 5th round picks from this year (#156 and #157). So it all boils down to whether or not Ozzie and the rest of the war room feel that Bryant is worth giving up picks from next year plus reducing your pick total to a measly 4 total picks for this year.

Maybe we could package our #25, Mark Clayton, and a pick this year or next year in a trade with the Texans for #20 plus a 3rd-5th rounder this year.

Speaking of trade scenarios! What does everyone feel about trading our 1st rounder for 2011 away for picks in this draft? I would definitely not be opposed to it. The talent in this draft seems much deeper than what we could see next year; especially if 2-4 people we really liked were still on board at #20. We could trade next years 1st and another pick and select a tandem of say Dez Bryant #20 and either Gresham/Odrick/Cody/Best CB available @ #25. What do you all think?

I agree that Dez Bryant is a better prospect at this point than Thomas, but Thomas does have huge upside potential. If Dez Bryant did slip to the Bengals, we would have to trade up to #20 to get him because there is no way Cincinnati passes on him and they won't trade with us so we could take him over them. In order to trade up from #25 to #20 it would take way more than just a 4th rounder (which we don't even have). According to the NFL pick value chart (http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/pickvaluechart.htm), the #20 pick is worth 850 points while the #25 pick is worth 720 points. In order to make up that 130 point difference it would cost us probably our 3rd rounder for the 2011 draft and one of our two 5th round picks from this year (#156 and #157). So it all boils down to whether or not Ozzie and the rest of the war room feel that Bryant is worth giving up picks from next year plus reducing your pick total to a measly 4 total picks for this year.

Maybe we could package our #25, Mark Clayton, and a pick this year or next year in a trade with the Texans for #20 plus a 3rd-5th rounder this year.

Speaking of trade scenarios! What does everyone feel about trading our 1st rounder for 2011 away for picks in this draft? I would definitely not be opposed to it. The talent in this draft seems much deeper than what we could see next year; especially if 2-4 people we really liked were still on board at #20. We could trade next years 1st and another pick and select a tandem of say Dez Bryant #20 and either Gresham/Odrick/Cody/Best CB available @ #25. What do you all think?

No! If this draft is deep we should consider trading down and get picks to next year, when the draft migth be less deep and we will need picks in round 1+2, if this draft is so deep, other teams migth do stupid decisions with next years draftpicks.

No! If this draft is deep we should consider trading down and get picks to next year, when the draft migth be less deep and we will need picks in round 1+2, if this draft is so deep, other teams migth do stupid decisions with next years draftpicks.

Why would we want to stockpile picks for a draft thin on talent and depth?

With the 25th overall pick, the Ravens are likely to exercise patience and wait until one of their coveted draft prospects gets within striking distance.

That could allow them to land Penn State defensive lineman Jared Odrick, Georgia Tech wide receiver Demaryius Thomas, Rutgers cornerback Devin McCourty, massive Alabama nose guard Terrence “Mount” Cody or Arizona tight end Rob Gronkowski. University of Florida center Maurkice Pouncey is a potential darkhorse option, too.

Those are the most logical possibilities. And that’s because Boise State cornerback Kyle Wilson, Michigan hybrid pass rusher Brandon Graham, Oklahoma tight end Jermaine Gresham, Oklahoma State wide receiver Dez Bryant and Tennessee nose guard Dan Williams are expected to be gone by the time the Ravens are on the clock.

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/sports/article_8a2aab4a-4dc7-11df-a42a-001cc4c002e0.html

The Ravens should get somebody good and fill a need.

Why would we want to stockpile picks for a draft thin on talent and depth?

Saving early picks is not stockpiling them. You can't put all your eggs in a basket for one year.

There's no telling what next year's draft class will be just yet. It's senseless to give away high draft picks (ESPECIALLY considering that a potential rookie salary cap will make them more valuable than ever) next year for lower ones this year. Besides, weren't you just the one complaining in the draft thread that we didn't get rid of all our picks this year for high-end talent, considering the depth of this class? You seem to be arguing in circles.

Saving early picks is not stockpiling them. You can't put all your eggs in a basket for one year.

There's no telling what next year's draft class will be just yet. It's senseless to give away high draft picks (ESPECIALLY considering that a potential rookie salary cap will make them more valuable than ever) next year for lower ones this year. Besides, weren't you just the one complaining in the draft thread that we didn't get rid of all our picks this year for high-end talent, considering the depth of this class? You seem to be arguing in circles.

Not really arguing in circles! Yes, this draft is loaded in depth, but when you have the chance to trade up to get a player like Bryant, you do it! It is moronic not to! If you read my post, I said that we got the better end of the trade with the Broncos in terms of pick value, but I just feel we would have been better served trading up for Bryant or selecting Kyle Wilson who many were saying could have gone #7 to Cleveland if he played at a big time school...Time will tell what next year's draft looks like, but I just do not see it as talented and top heavy as this one considering a lot of juniors jumped up this year fearing an impending rookie wage scale. Also...it wouldn't take all of our picks to trade from #25 to #23 to select Dez Bryant. It is a 40 point difference which is essentially a 5th round draft pick! Well worth it IMO!