73 replies to this topic

#21 dc.

dc.

Don't Really Give A...

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 11:45 AM

He'll only rise as he gets enough at bats to qualify more legitimately. If under qualified, they add 0/1 as many times as needed to make you qualify... So that's even counting against him.

He's been a great surprise, another great find. Waiting for Snider to show his worth...
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster too. And when you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares also into you.

#22 thundercleetz

thundercleetz

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,992 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:57 PM

He'll only rise as he gets enough at bats to qualify more legitimately. If under qualified, they add 0/1 as many times as needed to make you qualify... So that's even counting against him.

He's been a great surprise, another great find. Waiting for Snider to show his worth...

He just qualified last night officially! He's third behind De. Brown and Nellie. If we could sweep the Marlins that would be huge. We have a tough stretch coming up with two series against the red hot Astros and a series against the division leading Rays.

#23 vmax

vmax

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,818 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 07:24 PM

Time to get help....

photo21a.jpg

When an NFL season is over, there is a game or a stretch of them that usually defines it. The Ravens are about to enter one of those periods.

Preston

#24 varaven45

varaven45

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:56 AM

Where's Father Damien when you need him, Max?

#25 vmax

vmax

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,818 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:12 PM

Yard! Joseph. 2-0 O's and Adam Bowen wins $500.

When an NFL season is over, there is a game or a stretch of them that usually defines it. The Ravens are about to enter one of those periods.

Preston

#26 varaven45

varaven45

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:59 PM

Max, Fathet Damien must have shown up, and the exorcism was a success. Os win, O's win Os win !

#27 varaven45

varaven45

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:40 PM

Amazingly, we score 4 runs off arguably the ALs hottest pitcher on Sunday; then can't score squat off Os castoff Marty Feldman tonight.

#28 dc.

dc.

Don't Really Give A...

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:10 PM

Haven't been able to touch Feldman since he left the O's. Not that you're going to win on one run, but hate when we give up the lead right after we take it.

Mean while, the "HitParades" continues...
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster too. And when you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares also into you.

#29 GrubberRaven

GrubberRaven

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 3,348 posts
  • Interests:My Family, Ravens, Orioles, Exercise/Biking, and the stage...

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:44 AM

This team is not fun to watch this year.  

#30 varaven45

varaven45

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:21 AM

Agreed . Somehow the team needs to rediscover its mojo and soon

#31 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,975 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:27 AM

They should have traded Weit and Davis after 2013.  They could have had a lot if young talent actually here and helping.

k2-_2564f5e3-aa08-456b-81e9-b7cffd9b394d

Fako, Joe Fako I am the Pick Machine!!!

#32 cravnravn

cravnravn

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,942 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 03:54 AM

Agreed . Somehow the team needs to rediscover its mojo and soon

Calm down Va, go back and look at last year's record, we finished 30 games over 500, despite playing 500 ball April,May and June. We put it together from July on...
http://www.baseball-...le-scores.shtml

This team is a well seasoned race horse, the good ones hang mid lack and make their move at the 1/2 mile pole. I like where we are sitting, 2 1/2 off the lead.

#33 Spen

Spen

Pro Bowler

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,071 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 10:07 PM

They should have traded Weit and Davis after 2013.  They could have had a lot if young talent actually here and helping.

I was off. I expected this weeks ago. Your "should of" posts usually arrive much quicker. I think Ray Rice was the next day. You're getting older and slower. Sad

:-)
Hi.

#34 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,975 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:23 AM

It doesn't make it any less true.

#35 Spen

Spen

Pro Bowler

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,071 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:00 AM

It doesn't make it any less true.

As it's your opinion it doesn't make it any more true either. The season is far from over and one or both of them could contribute in a meaningful way.

Your forgot to bitch about JJ being re-signed.
Hi.

#36 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,975 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:03 AM

I said Davis had an outlier in 2013.  If you think that was the norm how do you explain the last 2 seasons?  Also Weit got hurt and it looks like he will not have time to get hot before the trade deadline.

#37 thundercleetz

thundercleetz

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,992 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:15 AM

I said Davis had an outlier in 2013.  If you think that was the norm how do you explain the last 2 seasons?  Also Weit got hurt and it looks like he will not have time to get hot before the trade deadline.

I don't care about not trading Wieters or Davis. We'll get draft picks like we did with Nellie. Baseball is different than football because prospects and draft picks are such a crapshoot and the amount of development time is long and costly.

What gets me mad is we invest the money in a prospect, take the time to develop them, they don't produce for us. We trade them only to have them become great for another team. See Arrieta. We gave this guy every chance in the world and he was absolutely terrible for us. We trade him to the Cubs and he becomes a star. He's under team control for two more years. Bad trading a cheap guy under control with talent, no matter if he's a bust or not.

Eduardo Rodriguez pitched a gem for the Sox last night. Only 22-years old from the DR. We always talk about signing these international prospects and when we finally get a good one we trade him. Granted, Rodriguez was a B-level prospect for us and Andrew Miller could have won us a World Series.

It's frustrating, we trade Arrieta, keep Matusz. We trade Rodriguez, keep Bundy. The guys we keep don't work out and the guys we let go become better. Hindsight is 20-20, but man does it seem like we have terrible luck with pitching prospects! There is definitely some sort of organization problem with pitching instruction.

Looking at our current roster, there is no home grown talent outside of can't miss guys like Machado and Wieters. Duquette is great at finding other team's leftovers and under the radar free agents. But we have a big problem with developing home grown stars, much less serviceable players.

#38 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,975 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:07 AM

I look at the  Bedard trade.  That just kept paying dividends.  We should have some the same to Weit and Davis so they could payoff longer.

#39 cravnravn

cravnravn

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,942 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:32 PM

Here we go, hosting the Rays, its time to take over 2nd place.

#40 Spen

Spen

Pro Bowler

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,071 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:33 PM

Here we go, hosting the Rays, its time to take over 2nd place.

Fantastic pitching tonight. O'Day scared me but came through.
Hi.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users