ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Rounds 2-3 Friday Night NFL Draft

thundercleetz

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Risky pick, not usually Ozzie's style. I know it is not fair to think this way, but I cannot help but think of our other second round picks Dan Cody and Paul Kruger with this pick.

I hear you cleetz,,,thought the same thing...let's think Jamasl Lewis instead...:)

Height:6′3″

Weight:250 lbs.

Arm Length:33 1/4 in.

Hand Size:10 in.

College:Texas

NFL.com Overview

Kindle is a two-year starter for the Longhorns as a defensive end but many will try and project him to outside linebacker in the NFL. He has a good combination of length and athleticism but lacks the bulk needs to be an effective run defender at the next level. He has been a disruptive force penetrating the line of scrimmage in the Longhorns 4-3 front. Kindle runs well but doesn’t have elite speed or range for a stand up player and will need lots of work developing his coverage techniques and awareness. He is inconsistent using his hands to maintain leverage on his opponent and will need to improve in this area both as a pass rusher as well as run defender. Kindle does play hard and has a frame to add at least 20 pounds, which bodes well for his potential as a special team’s contributor as well being utilized as a backup linebacker or edge rusher in sub packages.

Risky pick, not usually Ozzie's style. I know it is not fair to think this way, but I cannot help but think of our other second round picks Dan Cody and Paul Kruger with this pick.

Gresham sat out all year, Gronkowski has a bent spine, Cody is too fat and lazy, Kindle has a bad knee, Demaryius can't run routes and broke his foot, Bryant has 'emotional baggage'...

No matter who we took, it was going to be 'risky'.

The fact of the matter is, Kindle is a high-first-round talent, and Dan Cody/Paul Kruger were not.