Walking Dead: O's style

• Please log in to reply
287 replies to this topic

#41 GrubberRaven

GrubberRaven

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts
  • Interests:My Family, Ravens, Orioles, Exercise/Biking, and the stage...

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:05 PM

666 for Arod...f'n d-bag

#42 Spen

Spen

Pro Bowler

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:55 PM

Pretty entertaining game tonight.
Hi.

#43 cravnravn

cravnravn

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,942 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:30 AM

Well we guaranteed us a series win, now bring out the broom

#44 varaven45

varaven45

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 08:19 AM

Well, since I started this thread on June 4th, the walking dead have risen and the O's are playing inspiring ball- and yes DC, Crav, and others- I post in good times and bad.

It's still early and we've just cleared .500. Let's see where this team goes now. A W today in the series finale would be huge !

#45 vmax

vmax

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,727 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:12 AM

It's asking a lot but a sweep would be outstanding. The Stinkies were hot...winning their last 7 out of 8 I think and the O's threw water of that fire.

The O's bats are hot and the Stankie gloves really stink. They can't play D for shit.

In Buck We Trust.

“It’s awesome,” Ricard said after Thursday night’s 33-7 preseason victory over the Los Angeles Rams. “Touchdowns, sacks, all that, it’s just great. That’s just playing football, and that’s what I love to do. Any of those, I’m happy with.”

#46 Spen

Spen

Pro Bowler

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:37 AM

They can't play D for shit.

Reimold's homerun after what should have been an easy out was beautiful.
Hi.

#47 cravnravn

cravnravn

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,942 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:52 AM

Reimold's homerun after what should have been an easy out was beautiful.

I called it too, I told my son watch, that miscue will cost them.next pitch BOOM

Edited by cravnravn, 14 June 2015 - 10:53 AM.

#48 dc.

dc.

Don't Really Give A...

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 11:24 AM

VA - never doubted. :)

I really liked a tweet by Roch last night. "Not sure how this is possible because I was told the season was over weeks ago."
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster too. And when you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares also into you.

#49 dc.

dc.

Don't Really Give A...

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 11:28 AM

The wild pitches have had me smiling this series. McCann might be able to hit but he can't catch anymore. Neither could Russell Martin.

And oh man is Carlos Beltran a mess. See that their on the Machado double? He bounced it ten feet in front of the cut off... The throw didn't make it 50ft. Then a few plays later he couldn't manage a cut off on a ball and let it to the wall. Then the Lough hr which should have been caught (and someone please shut up Eric Karros - how did no one in the booth know the ground rules about that hr wall vs fence?)
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster too. And when you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares also into you.

#50 Spen

Spen

Pro Bowler

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 12:13 PM

Well, since I started this thread on June 4th, the walking dead have risen and the O's are playing inspiring ball- and yes DC, Crav, and others- I post in good times and bad.
It's still early and we've just cleared .500. Let's see where this team goes now. A W today in the series finale would be huge !

Nice job, next time they hit a rough spot - start another thread. You may have been the catalyst!
Hi.

#51 Spen

Spen

Pro Bowler

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 12:17 PM

The wild pitches have had me smiling this series. McCann might be able to hit but he can't catch anymore. Neither could Russell Martin.
And oh man is Carlos Beltran a mess. See that their on the Machado double? He bounced it ten feet in front of the cut off... The throw didn't make it 50ft. Then a few plays later he couldn't manage a cut off on a ball and let it to the wall. Then the Lough hr which should have been caught (and someone please shut up Eric Karros - how did no one in the booth know the ground rules about that hr wall vs fence?)

The goof made it sound like he thought the whole top of that wall (groundskeepers area?) was in in play. Least that's what it sounded like to me.
Hi.

#52 vmax

vmax

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,727 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 02:53 PM

Wright loads the bases and the O's pay for it.

5-3 Stankies.

“It’s awesome,” Ricard said after Thursday night’s 33-7 preseason victory over the Los Angeles Rams. “Touchdowns, sacks, all that, it’s just great. That’s just playing football, and that’s what I love to do. Any of those, I’m happy with.”

#53 varaven45

varaven45

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 04:19 PM

Well, the starting pitching just wasn't (w) right today. Oh well, as the old Meatloaf song goes, Two Outa Three Ain't Bad. Plus, you had to figure we'd shot our wad last night.

Next up Phils. Time to get back on track !

#54 cravnravn

cravnravn

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,942 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 04:20 PM

Nothing wrong with taking 2 out a 3 from the first place team

#55 cravnravn

cravnravn

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,942 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 04:21 PM

And our best months are ahead of us

#56 cravnravn

cravnravn

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,942 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:06 AM

3 back and the Tanks no longer in first place

#57 varaven45

varaven45

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:25 AM

Yep, but the Jays and Rays are JAMMIN.  The O's need to keep on keepin on :thumbup:   

#58 dc.

dc.

Don't Really Give A...

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:06 PM

You know, for ask the talk about a weak AL East... There only one division in baseball with four teams over 500 right now.

No one is running away... But maybe that's because they're all pretty decent and beating up on each other.

I still think the Yanks will fade far... Their bars are fake and arms even worse. Don't think the youth of the Rays can keep up. Jays are legit but I still think pitching will be their weakness asking with the injury/slump trends of Batista, Encarnacion and Davidson... O's have as good a shot as anyone and so much depth in the minors.

My question: how long until Pearce gets the ax?

#59 GrubberRaven

GrubberRaven

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts
  • Interests:My Family, Ravens, Orioles, Exercise/Biking, and the stage...

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:08 PM

My question: how long until Pearce gets the ax?

Dead weight...

#60 dc.

dc.

Don't Really Give A...

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:27 PM

Here's really only staying on in part out of loyalty and in part because he has played some second this season. We really have no legit backup for Hardy and Flahrety right now... But with Young and Reimold, there's no space for him in the outfield. Question is, do we want a real utility player or a back up for Davis, which could be in the form of Parmelee or Walker?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users