ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

First game of 23 starts in 11 days

Tornado700

Notice I said 23. Mean anything? That's right -the road to the superbowl.

4 exhibition games-+ 16 regular season games- (1 playoff bye-)+ 1 playoff game- +1 AFC championship game-and 1 superbowl victory= 23 games. And it all starts next Thursday.

BTW, I won a lottery to go to the Castle and watch practice at 4PM tommorrow. I will report my observations.

Take photos! Please.

All day Saturday I was off and I told my son that if camp was in Westminster I would have been there having a great time.

I hate sitting home in the dark.

The media might be bored with camp and pre season games, but it's a whole different and important aspect of the game, player development and team building for me.

Notice I said 23. Mean anything? That's right -the road to the superbowl.

4 exhibition games-+ 16 regular season games- (1 playoff bye-)+ 1 playoff game- +1 AFC championship game-and 1 superbowl victory= 23 games. And it all starts next Thursday.

BTW, I won a lottery to go to the Castle and watch practice at 4PM tommorrow. I will report my observations.

Take photos! Please.

All day Saturday I was off and I told my son that if camp was in Westminster I would have been there having a great time.

I hate sitting home in the dark.

The media might be bored with camp and pre season games, but it's a whole different and important aspect of the game, player development and team building for me.

Yes, please take pictures, Nado! And give us a report on the WR battle.

Camp is nothing I will ever go to again. It was bad. Not players, but the Ravens people who were in charge of getting these 1200 or more people to the site. It was a collossal failure. After parking our car on the lot at 3PM, we got onto the back of this 1/2 mile long line with thousands of people in front of us.It took 45 minutes of baking in the sun to move to the front where a grand total of 3 or 4 staff members checked my ID with my photo on it. Next, another lady took the names of the four guests I had with me. Next, we had to get into another long line so the keystone cops there could scan our outstretched bodies while later, another patted us down. Next, we waited some more, then got on a bus and were driven to the players site. Practice started at 4PM. We got to our bleacher seats at around 4:45PM. At practice, it was clear that all they were trying to do was to take a close look at each player to see who goes and who stays. I will say this though. Flacco's arm is golden. He throws a perfect spiral pass everytime and it looks effortless. #2 Renner threw much better than Matt Schaub, I thought. Maxx Williams is a big boy, but is going to have to kick it in the weight room. He's got to put on some more muscle to compete in this league, otherwise he's going to take that one big hit that does him in. Overall, I loved watching these players go at it up close and personal, but hated the experience getting to the fields. The Ravens PR and hospitality teams screwed this up big time. They need to improve drastically. Report card:

Players and coaches- B+ Ravens staff- F

• Upvote 1

As you know, Perryman did not particpate, which was disappointing, but overall, all of them did well. No standouts. I was very impressed with Flacco's zip and accuracy. The backs all looked impressive as well, especially Taliferro and Buck Allen. Harbaugh grabbed the humor of the day on special teams practice. After grabbing the punted kick, Coach ran at him wailing his arms and screaming like a banshee. This is a special football team, I am convinced of it.

USA Today ain't on board with this 23 starts thing....but you have to love how they hate on the Stealers.... :gorave:

Ravens (10-6): Having four offensive coordinators in four seasons (Marc Trestman is the latest) isn't ideal. But aside from receivers, there's plenty of continuity throughout lineup. Opening with five of seven on road a major hurdle.

Bengals (9-7): Per usual, they have look of solid outfit not necessarily built for a deep playoff run. Navigating NFC West-laden schedule could even leave them short of another one-and-done postseason.

Steelers (8-8): Defense is undergoing a huge transition and seeking new leaders. Meanwhile, last year's second-ranked offense won't have all-pro RB Le'Veon Bell for first two weeks, making league's toughest schedule more difficult to survive.

Browns (5-11): Soft September opening includes Jets, Titans and Raiders. Only team they'll see rest of way with a sub-.500 2014 record is the always competitive Rams. Guess here is that Johnny Manziel will get extended tryout by midseason. http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/2015-nfl-record-projections-for-all-32-teams/ar-BBlojEy?ocid=iehp#page=6

Just makes you want to break out the Terrible Yellow Hankie.