ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Week 16 vs Pittsburgh Steelers

deeshopper

• 4 months later...

Good job, Ryan.

But only in Ravensland and only on this board do we here the proclamation that Mallet is a "real QB" after one drive and five completions. Doubt we could find that one drive for any other random QB....

Mallet has an absolute cannon. I don't think his release is as quick as Flacco's, but he gets ever bit as many RPMs as Flacco gets.

Mallet kind of reminds me of Jeff George, big, strong armed gun slinger. One of those tough, intimidating-looking figures that commands attention. Like George, Mallet has had his share of off field issues. Going into the draft, scouts praised Mallet for his on field presence, said guys naturally gravitated towards him at the combine and I'm throwing drills.

On that Matthews TD: that's a play call I haven't seen since we had Anquan Boldin!

Yeah, I mean, I love the signing and the player in general... And I love these first two drives worth of his play.

Though, wondering where the balanced playbook is coming from... Feel like I haven't seen this symmetry in the pass and run in a long time. Seems to be giving the Steelers fits in coverage