ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Week 10 vs Jacksonville Jaguars

deeshopper

• 3 months later...

Why Flacco? Who sent that play in?

Because Flacco is the guy who decided to throw a 2 yard pass to a guy who was covered on 4th and 4. Not getting a 1st down is equivalent to a turnover there so why wouldn't you at least make the decision to throw it past the LOS, especially after seeing the guy was covered?

Because Flacco is the guy who decided to throw a 2 yard pass to a guy who was covered on 4th and 4. Not getting a 1st down is equivalent to a turnover there so why wouldn't you at least make the decision to throw it past the LOS, especially after seeing the guy was covered?

So that's on the coaching, if they know we have sorryass WR's, then kick the fucking ball and pin them back,

So that's on the coaching, if they know we have sorryass WR's, then kick the fucking ball and pin them back,

The decision to go for it is on Coaching - yes. I'm talking about the play itself. It's 4th and 4 - anything short of 4 yards is a turnover so don't throw it to a guy 2 yards short of the first unless he's open. That is what I mean by situational football. Better to throw it to a covered guy 20 yards down the field than a covered guy 2 yards down the field.

It's on them both... here's what's really on the coaching (and Joe and receivers): why is anyone even running that route on that play? Would it really be impossible to run it 3 steps further up?

The decision to go for it is on Coaching - yes. I'm talking about the play itself. It's 4th and 4 - anything short of 4 yards is a turnover so don't throw it to a guy 2 yards short of the first unless he's open. That is what I mean by situational football. Better to throw it to a covered guy 20 yards down the field than a covered guy 2 yards down the field.

Shows Joe's over-preference/comfort with his TEs is really what it is... Joe should have known better. But we know with that play how he feels when it comes time to throw to someone else with the something important on the line... he thinks CG can make more of that toss than another receiver could, potentially open and past the LOS.

Meanwhile - TD to Gilmore, so... that's good.

Shows Joe's over-preference/comfort with his TEs is really what it is... Joe should have known better. But we know with that play how he feels when it comes time to throw to someone else with the something important on the line... he thinks CG can make more of that toss than another receiver could, potentially open and past the LOS.

Meanwhile - TD to Gilmore, so... that's good

I realize that it's been Joe's tendency since he's been here to overvalue/over rely on the dump off. We saw it all the time with Rice and once in a blue moon something good happens (4th and 27th), but more often than not it's a waste of a play.