ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Week 10 vs Jacksonville Jaguars

deeshopper

Been doing that for yrs.

Don't entirely disagree - but there's a difference between the "closeness" of games in an era of extreme parity and the closeness of games we've seen this year. Not sure how often you can find a team with EVERY game - through 9 weeks - decided on the final possession.

When you have a team that makes so many mental mistakes to allow the game to be decided by the final possesion that is on you. But the Ravens are so used to playing to the level of their opponent that they expect what happened in the past. The difference is the mental mistakes from this team compared to past teams.

The mental errors are magnified when the talent level is so awful that the margin for error is razor thin. This team like Jax is so bad that you can't make a mistake at the end and expect to win.

In our case, we had what 4 TOs which in essence handed the game over to them.

Bottom line - bad is bad and you can't make chicken salad out of chicken poop. 4 TOs and bonehead penalties add to the poop.

When you have a team that makes so many mental mistakes to allow the game to be decided by the final possesion that is on you. But the Ravens are so used to playing to the level of their opponent that they expect what happened in the past. The difference is the mental mistakes from this team compared to past teams.

First sentence - of course.

Later sentences - I just think you exaggerate a bit. I know and agree 100% with the idea of the Ravens historically playing down to some opponents. I think part of that is perception - a defensive team, as this always has been, is never going to be blowing out opponents. But the Ravens of past would win games by 7-10 points regularly, and sometimes have bigger leads that may fade towards game end in the classic "not as close as it looked." As has been noted, it's practically unheard of for a team to have had every game decided by one possession ... That alone tells you this year's Ravens are even worse than usual at 'playing close'