ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

-- Ravens Expected to Trade Jared Gaither --

It took over two yrs for them to decide to do anything about the WR's. It took Ray saying that he is getting killed for Ozzie to decide to get a DT. The Boller experiment went on and on even though it was a lost cause. Ozzie never deals with any glaring holes until the area completly colapses. These examples go on and on.

• Downvote 1

It took over two yrs for them to decide to do anything about the WR's. It took Ray saying that he is getting killed for Ozzie to decide to get a DT. The Boller experiment went on and on even though it was a lost cause. Ozzie never deals with any glaring holes until the area completly colapses. These examples go on and on.

This is so arrogant, and you know very well that no team in this league can be perfect in every fase, and at least not in the long term, as long as we have the salary cap era. Like Colts front seven, Steelers OL, Patriots runninggame, Bolts defense and recently runninggame, Jets QB.

There are 32 teams in this league, obviously all of them with the same goal. So what is wrong with Pats (post 2004) and Bolts, when they year after year lose in POs, despite they are early SB favourite before every season, what is wrong with the Colts when they only had one SB, despite they have had ten + ten win seasons, and the Steelers what did they do wrong last season like going 2-4 in AFC North? And Titans who arguably was the best team in 2008 and was fare from that in 2009.

I do agree that I am not that comfortable just now. I am sceptic about our present Kicker, Tackle, DB depth and DE situation (in no order). And injuries have been hurting us when we/I expected greater things.. like in 2005 and 2007. I am beginning to predict 8-8, hopefully I am wrong and we will make the POs again.

The "Kyle Boller experiment" lasted about two-and-a-half years before we got McNair. Ozzie got a DT because our defensive line was starting to age, that is nothing to do with what Ray said out of frustration. I agree with Geo, I think your comment was arrogant. You have 32 teams competing for the same goal. Everyone has their holes, and every team has their cycles where they have weak spots on their team. The best teams are the ones who can hide their weaknesses. The Pats secondary were a bunch of late round draft picks who filled in for injured starters for their second Super Bowl. The Colts were able to mask a very soft interior defensive line for their Super Bowl. And the Saints were able to get great production out of backup offensive linemen last season. You just need to get it through your head, no team can be solid at all positions.

Sometimes I seriously wonder why you are even a Ravens fan. You say you enjoy to process of building the team because of your major, but if that were true you should be able to understand competition between teams to get the best players, the process of players aging, and the limitations the salary cap (now the economy) has on what teams can do.

Actually I am pissed with the team now. Until Ozzie is gone I will remain that way. I got to this point with Mr. Ego until he was blown out way past his time.

That's enough for me. I vote to ban this idiot, he makes the board a worse place to frequent.

• Upvote 1

I'm all about objective opinions....but this guy is just an "angry elf".

Agreed. Angry elf, nice one.

He brings me sometimes in the same mood as the fatso from the sun.. And i guess that it is always good and at least healthy that we do disagree from time to time.

Actually I am pissed with the team now. Until Ozzie is gone I will remain that way. I got to this point with Mr. Ego until he was blown out way past his time.

Ok genius, what would you have done with this team? And what team in the NFL is in really good shape by your measurement?

BOOHOO. So you have to throw insults around at people when someone doesn't believe everything Owing Mills tells them. Just because I think for myself and don't spit out what they hand feed you get upset.

What I would do would have started yrs ago. Off the top of my head I would have never draft Clayton. I would not have brought back Cmac or Ed Reed but would have traded them with high value. I would not have drafted Boller. I would have traded Suggs when he had value. Ray would have been traded a few yrs ago when he had slowed but was still doing very well.

I will think some more about moves I would have made.

• Downvote 2

BOOHOO. So you have to throw insults around at people when someone doesn't believe everything Owing Mills tells them. Just because I think for myself and don't spit out what they hand feed you get upset.

What I would do would have started yrs ago. Off the top of my head I would have never draft Clayton. I would not have brought back Cmac or Ed Reed but would have traded them with high value. I would not have drafted Boller. I would have traded Suggs when he had value. Ray would have been traded a few yrs ago when he had slowed but was still doing very well.

Sounds like Redskin moves. Probably should spend a billion one defensive tackle with issues too! lol

Clayton was a stud out of College. That was addressing the WR situation. Alot of people thought he would be more coming out of college. Cmac and Reed are/were both Pro Bowlers. It's easy to say let's trade, however finding someone who will give "fair" value can be difficult. Who wants to get ripped off? The Hershel Walker/Minnesota Vikings trades don't happen every offseason. I could see trading Cmac because he really could make some bad decisions in games with alot on the line. I'll give you Boller, many people questioned that move. I think Oz was trying to trust his head coach there.

Now we get to the matter of trading the face of a franchise. That isn't so easy as you callously put it. Do you have any idea the repercussions to ticket sales that could have had? If you think that it's no big deal you're crazy. A GM cannot simply trade away a face of a franchise in the prime of their career, unless of course, you're Al Davis. And we can see that has worked out very well.

So I'll give you Cmac and Boller. The other ideas you proposed are simply foolish or very very tough to pull off. Getting fair trade value for Lewis or Reed could have been very very tough.

People get mad at you not because you think for yourself, but you do a very bad job of thinking for yourself. All you ever do is complain and wine and then say what you would do with your 20-20 vision. Your current assessment of what you would do just proves how little you know about how everything actually works. This is not Madden.

No I am very much not for bringing in FA's. They do not work. I am for always having good young talent rolling in and pushing out the old. As for letting the face of the franchise go if you win then the fans will be there. I am for rings instead of faces of the franchise. I would go for a combination of what the steelers and pats do to form their teams. They have racked up the SB wins over the past decade.

Ah well I think people here think it is Madden. I read many pie in the sky wants. There are many more big trades that are one sided than the Cowboys/Vikes one.

If you could you should go back and see some of my predictions. I was dead on with Clayton being a bust, Cmac imploding, being a bad move to reup Reed. I think Ray's and Suggs deals will haunt the franchise.

• Downvote 1

No I am very much not for bringing in FA's. They do not work. I am for always having good young talent rolling in and pushing out the old. As for letting the face of the franchise go if you win then the fans will be there. I am for rings instead of faces of the franchise. I would go for a combination of what the steelers and pats do to form their teams. They have racked up the SB wins over the past decade.

Ah well I think people here think it is Madden. I read many pie in the sky wants. There are many more big trades that are one sided than the Cowboys/Vikes one.

If you could you should go back and see some of my predictions. I was dead on with Clayton being a bust, Cmac imploding, being a bad move to reup Reed. I think Ray's and Suggs deals will haunt the franchise.

For the longterm you are probably rigth, but its hard to ignore that FAs do a difference here and now. And it is hard to solve all the needs in the draft.

Hardly a SB without FAs; McCrary, Adams, Goose, Woodson, Sharpe and Ismail.

Surely no 13-3 season in 2006 without FAs; McNair, Mason, Rolle, Pryce, Gregg, Bannan and Stills.

So when did you actually see Clayton was a bust.. And what is a bust.. when 60-70% WRs taken in the first round have less production than Clayton? Was it in his rookie year? In 2006 when he showed more than a lot of promises or not? In 2007-8 when he struggled with injuries, bad QBs and TEs, a terrible OL in 2007 and a talented but still not a very good OL in 2008.. At least our playcall did not favour WRs that year.

The Pats haven't won any SuperBowls since they started their "everyone is replaceable" mindset. What big names have the Steelers let walk in recent years? Only ones coming to mind are Burress, Porter, and Randle El, who wasn't that great to begin with.

Who did you want instead of Clayton? Cmac was one of the best until his knees went to shit...how do you predict injuries?

You're not a fan of signing free agents and we're not picking early in the draft, how else do we spend money? Resigning our own.

Are you Peter Angelos? You have a baseball team in last place that needs your attention, the Ravens are fine.

Dude, I have stayed out of this until now. But, you think it is all about you. I think we should all just agree that you know it all. Hell, I'm surprised the Ravens haven't hired you to tell them how to fix all their problems.

No, frankly I don't give a crap what you think. You sir are headed to the 'IGNORE' list, right where you belong. Hell, you don't ever have anything positive to add to even one discussion. All you ever do is bitch. It gets old after awhile. Nobody wants to hear you any more, at least I don't. See ya....

Preston has graded Ravens RT's of the past...

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/05/grading_ravens_right_tackles_of_the_past.html

As you can see, it's not a slam dunk position to fill.

Now...if they can get Gaither to do it and he can stay healthy, then this will be one solid O line. His toe or foot injury concerns me...that sent J.O. into retirement. I'm giving Gaither the benefit of the doubt and think this is what caused him to report late (trying to hide it and maintain his value).

Clayton coming out was said to be the most NFL ready and my problem with him was that he disapeared in the big game. Every week in the NFL is a big game. You can't pad you stats with Northern Iowa. That was my problem with him. Instead of him I liked Mankins, Marlin Jackson, and Khalif Barnes. Back then I did want to replace Flynn and get ready for post JO.

Not one of those guys was a very high priced FA. Mac had trouble finding a team when he left Seattle. Sam had the lazy tag on him. Goose was another DT from a bad Indy team. Woodson was said to be done until we turned him into a safety. Sharpe was the biggest name of these but he was a TE and had been in the league 10 yrs by then. Ismail was never a big time talent that got big money. Also remember these were Shack Harris signings. Since he left their FA pickups have been bad.

Surely no 13-3 season in 2006 without FAs; McNair, Mason, Rolle, Pryce, Gregg, Bannan and Stills.

McNair was a horrible signing. One he was old by then and two they would have cut him so we didn't need to trade for him. Lets add a third that we only got one good season for giving him a very big deal. Mason has been the best FA signing since Shack. Rolle was OK. I don't think he had any idea how little he had left. Price was very good for 1 season. Gregg was one of ours. Bannan was just a DL with no big cashe. Stills was a ST guy.

The Steelers let Alan Faneca, Kimo von Oelhoffen, Amos Zereoue, and hell they let Woodson walk.

• Downvote 1

Clayton coming out was said to be the most NFL ready and my problem with him was that he disapeared in the big game. Every week in the NFL is a big game. You can't pad you stats with Northern Iowa. That was my problem with him. Instead of him I liked Mankins, Marlin Jackson, and Khalif Barnes. Back then I did want to replace Flynn and get ready for post JO.

Not one of those guys was a very high priced FA. Mac had trouble finding a team when he left Seattle. Sam had the lazy tag on him. Goose was another DT from a bad Indy team. Woodson was said to be done until we turned him into a safety. Sharpe was the biggest name of these but he was a TE and had been in the league 10 yrs by then. Ismail was never a big time talent that got big money. Also remember these were Shack Harris signings. Since he left their FA pickups have been bad.

McNair was a horrible signing. One he was old by then and two they would have cut him so we didn't need to trade for him. Lets add a third that we only got one good season for giving him a very big deal. Mason has been the best FA signing since Shack. Rolle was OK. I don't think he had any idea how little he had left. Price was very good for 1 season. Gregg was one of ours. Bannan was just a DL with no big cashe. Stills was a ST guy.

The Steelers let Alan Faneca, Kimo von Oelhoffen, Amos Zereoue, and hell they let Woodson walk.

• Downvote 3

I don't remember being much of a fan of the Clayton pick either. But do you remember the other players that we were hoping would drop? Mike Williams out of USC and Thomas Davis out of Georgia. The 2005 draft was not a very good one. Look at the first round, a lot of busts. What I did find interesting is that Eric DeCosta admitted that they had Mark Clayton and Roddy White rated very closely and had a very difficult time deciding who to pick at #22. It is easy to say we made the wrong decision, but would Roddy White have had the same career playing with Boller and McNair? Maybe. He did make Chris Redman look like a Pro Bowler. Nevertheless, that first round in '05 was not a very good one.

Derrick Mason? Trevor Pryce? Both of these guys have been very solid signings for us.

That is the thing though, we knew McNair would only give us one year, two years max. It was a risk we took. We had an old team and we needed to make an immediate run at the Super Bowl. It got us in a very good position to win the Super Bowl being 13-3 with a first round bye. There is no such thing as guaranteeing a Super Bowl. That team was as close to Super Bowl ready as one team could be. We just ran into a better team in the eventual Super Bowl winning Colts. We took a one year risk with McNair and it nearly paid off. Ozzie knew that going in. Ozzie could not help that McNair's shoulder gave out in the second season. The guy could barely throw the ball ten yards.

Great job looking back at that draft now and making up that you wanted some of the only players who have been successful... You are one big douche bag smurf.

Great job looking back at that draft now and making up that you wanted some of the only players who have been successful... You are one big douche bag smurf.

Re3meber jackass you just did call me a douche bag so don't whine a cry when I start coming at you. I was in love with Barnes and Mankins. Jackson just somewhat. So lets look back from 2010 for who I was looking at asshat.

Cook, Chris

Arenas, Javier

Ducasse, Vlad

Neal, Mike

Dickson, Ed

Smith, D'Anthony

Carrington, Alex

Williams, Damian

LaFell, Brandon

Walton, J.D.

Shipley, Jordan

Decker, Eric

Roberts, Andre

Price, Taylor

Gilyard, Mardy

Griffen, Everson

Lindley, Trevard

Easley, Marcus

Ford, Jacoby

Wootton, Corey

Hernandez, Aaron

Pitta, Dennis

Atkins, Geno

Owusu-Ansah, Akwasi

Franks, Dominique

Cox, Perrish

Mitchell, Carlton

McCoy, Anthony

Briscoe, Dezmon

Brown, Antonio

Webb, Joe

Rolle, Myron

Thompson, Syd'quan

Cook, Erik

Check out how many of these guys I was talking about before the season was over jackoff. Many of them will not pan out but I do not have access to a scouting dept and all the tape.