ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Steelers screwed in NE

thesteelhurtin

The Steelers were getting the Pats radio broadcast in their headset and had "Malfunctions" the entire first half. By rule the Pats were supposed to have theirs shut off but that didn't happen according to ESPN. When is the NFL going to step up and do something about this. Too many tes have said the se thing and Tomlin said it happens every time you go into NE. They got it "sorted out" in the second half and the Steelers stormed back. Gee I wonder why. Tomlin is absolutely livid about it and I don't think he is just going to let it drop. Lol @ the Patriots way.

I hear the NFL is giving consideration to use a Ladies Tee for Scobee.

Until new coordinator Keith Butler discovers a consistent pass rush and solves issues at the back end of his defense, the Steelers will be a flawed, unbalanced team putting too much weight on the shoulders of Ben Roethlisberger We've learned not to issue definitive, over-reactive declarations in Week 1. On this night, though, the Steelers had the look of a pretender masquerading as a contender. 1. So much for the Steelers' grandiose plans to jam Rob Gronkowski at the line of scrimmage. Gronkowski became the first player in NFL history to deliver multiple games with at least three receiving touchdowns against Pittsburgh.http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000525786/article/what-we-learned-secondary-a-weakness-for-steelers

Well, the Steelers screwed themselves. They ran up and down the field with Ben throwing for 350 and De Angelo running for 127 and 6 yds a pop!

They left points on the field - two missed FGs and several drives where they shot themselves in the foot.

They out gained the Pats by 100 yds ( ca 450-350) in their house.

All things considered, they gave the SB champs a good run on opening night. And all that without Leveon Bell.

The Steelers will be fine this year, especially on offense.

When the Steelers headsets malfunctioned the NFL shutoff the Pats headsets as well, so no advantage. Regardless, Steelers lost the game because of a terrible defensive strategy. How do you not guard the opposing team's best player?

@richeisen: That headsets malfunctioned in a world-class NFL facility is ridiculous. But the defense-to-Gronk connection malfunctioned worse.

Another interesting situation from last night:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/steelers/2015/09/11/pittsburgh-new-england-patriots-ben-roethlisberger/72050820/

Even though the headsets are controlled by the league, here's an interesting tweet:

@AlbertBreer: One coach texted me last nite, said his team's headsets were "staticky and went out for a couple plays last year" at Gillette. "Only there."

Oh yeah Scobee is a jag off who I wouldn't have let on the team plane home he would have had to walk home. The Steelers definitely screwed themselves last night. I still can't believe DHB went out of bounds there. The defense has problems and seemed like nothing changed since Lebeau left. That goaline play was a horrible call by the refs. The second the flags came out Ben started screaming they faked the snap count and I believe him since the entire left side jumped. Then fricking Haley run a draw from the six which really pissed me off maybe even more then the stupid trick play he ran on the first drive. Well there are some positives and I can't wait to see this offense with Bell and Bryant back in it.

The Steelers website went into detail of what happened last night. The coaches were getting the patriot radio broadcast but every time the NFL would come to look it or go to shut down NEs headsets the problem would disappear only to reappear once the NFL rep left the sidelines. I'm sorry too many teams have said this same exact thing about playing in Foxboro. How can the NFL just let this go. It's like the Pats are spitting in their face.

I'm not blaming the loss solely on the headsets the Steelers did screw themselves as well but the headsets didn't help. It's hard to make adjustments when you can't talk to the coaches up in the booth. Yeah dropping 15 pounds has really helped DWill. Like I said earlier I can't wait to get Bell and Bryant back. I like how all the Pats fans were saying the NFL controls the headsets and leaving out the part where the home team is in charge of the infrastructure which is what you would mess with in the first place if you wanted to cause problems.

What was with the clock management at the end of the halfs? As va said they left points on the field. The offsides call was total BS, more underhanded Patsie moves.

I have never been a fan of Tomlin's clock management skills. Damn against the Packers in the super bowl you could see the Steelers were confused on the last drive and ended the game with 2 time outs in their pocket.