ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Resurrected

dc.

Yeah, when we had 25 games left,I remember looking at the schedule and thinking just based on how teams play each other it's virtually impossible. I think Buck has had it right that we pretty much needed to win out...

10 games left 3.5 back don't think it's enough left.

More disturbing is the article I read on Fox Sports that all is not well between Buck and Dan D.

Well, regarding Fox article, that's easy, we need to figure out how to keep Buck and replace Duq w/ someone who can retain or sign guys to help us win. Buck has been managing his butt off while we have this turnstile of players coming in and out of the program. Last year's debacle of losing Markakis and Cruz was unacceptable to even the most casual fan or observer .

Except that both choices were correct and posting those guys so far into the future at such high rates is silly. (Edit) the bigger problem was not working enough to find the right replacements... Could have had Kendry Morales whos had a huge year... Lots of pieces were available, but Duq sat on his hands and hoped to hit a jackpot in the wrong bargain bin.

Meanwhile, mathematically it's still quite possible. 7-3 (now 7-2) would give us a chance but those ahead would have to go 3-7 and 4-6 respectively... Not out of the realm add none of them (hou, min) are actually playing well. The bigger challenge will be us having a decent record with all our games against NY and Toronto...

I never really believed in Pearce. OK bringing him back, sure. But never convinced a30 year old could just magically have that year. And reports of his defensive abilities are vastly overstated.

Yeah it doesn't seem like players could figure out the game and excel in their late 20s or later but it happens. Sometimes.

Pearce had a great year last year, I at least understand them keeping him and expecting/hoping better from him.

Shut out for the ENTIRE series. That's a new low. Guess these guys just aren't interested.

And Spen - definitely agree that he was worth keeping. To me the Duq problem was bigger: our corner OF options were Pearce, Lough, Young, Reimold, Snyder... all career underachievers, two with recent success, but moderate success at that, all pushing 30 or beyond... how lucky do you think you're going to get? What's the real upside of that system?

Here's what really gets me ... the O's offense in many respects is just like the Yankees and Jays... except both of those teams know how to walk when it's needed.

Shut out for the ENTIRE series. That's a new low. Guess these guys just aren't interested.

And Spen - definitely agree that he was worth keeping. To me the Duq problem was bigger: our corner OF options were Pearce, Lough, Young, Reimold, Snyder... all career underachievers, two with recent success, but moderate success at that, all pushing 30 or beyond... how lucky do you think you're going to get? What's the real upside of that system?

Here's what really gets me ... the O's offense in many respects is just like the Yankees and Jays... except both of those teams know how to walk when it's needed.

Luckily we could put Flaherty out there too. :)

Chris David named most valuable Oriole. How do they give him that over Manny?

Manny note has 33hr, and avg 30 points higher than Chris, plays a gold give third base, strikes out far less... Chris had an amazing year, but pretty much with power alone.