ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

So no one is going to say it

OneManCypher

The last four games we have had the ball last with a chance to win and Joe has not earned his money. In the playoff game he throws the ball into double coverage , yes Torrey could have tried to make a better play on the ball but it still would have had to been a spectacular catch for him to make, we were marching down the field and Joe got greedy and once again Torrey was double covered . The 1st game against Denver another int in the endzone,In Oak SSS is wide open and Joe throws him out of bounds, SSS could have made a spectacular play and maybe got his other foot down but he should not have had to make a spectacular play , it should have been routine. and Now Cincy , on 4th and 13 he throws the ball to the one guy that was covered, everyone else was open if he just would have looked back to his left. You guys come on here and talk trash about SSS who is making 3 million and the one guy making plays. But the Big money guy who should have more expectations on his shoulders gets a pass. Blatant Joe Jock riding, Every time Joe makes a mistake it's always someone else's fault.

if you have the ball and a touchdown wins the game and you have plenty of time and timeouts to execute a final drive and in four different games, you throw 2 ints, can't covert a 4th and 13 because you throw to the one guy thats covered and the other time you throw your wr out of bounds thats the 20 million dollar quarterbacks fault. Hell, in 2 of the games the Denver game and the Cincy game the defense scored touchdowns to help your 20 million dollar man out and you still want to blame the defense when the offense had the ball with a chance to win at the end. Blatant Joe Flacco jock riding

You're both right. This mess is a total team failure, minus one guy-Mr. Smith, Sr. Coaches, players- everyone is responsible, including Joe Flacco. His throws have been off all year. The announcer even mentioned it Sunday- no zip on his passes. Throwing behind the receiver, etc. If QB's were to actually get what they deserve, Joe would get a huge pay cut. And deserve it.

The last four games we have had the ball last with a chance to win and Joe has not earned his money. In the playoff game he throws the ball into double coverage , yes Torrey could have tried to make a better play on the ball but it still would have had to been a spectacular catch for him to make, we were marching down the field and Joe got greedy and once again Torrey was double covered . The 1st game against Denver another int in the endzone,In Oak SSS is wide open and Joe throws him out of bounds, SSS could have made a spectacular play and maybe got his other foot down but he should not have had to make a spectacular play , it should have been routine. and Now Cincy , on 4th and 13 he throws the ball to the one guy that was covered, everyone else was open if he just would have looked back to his left. You guys come on here and talk trash about SSS who is making 3 million and the one guy making plays. But the Big money guy who should have more expectations on his shoulders gets a pass. Blatant Joe Jock riding, Every time Joe makes a mistake it's always someone else's fault.

Last game first. If you watch the game tape properly, Flacco threw the ball to the only one with man coverage. Williams just had to keep his feet.... Brown, while he appeared open, was inbtween the zone coverage on that side. had Flacco thrown the ball all the way across the field, the safety to that side had plenty of time to pick it off.

Smith Sr, was just coming open when Flacco was in motion of throwing. Smith also had one guy just off of him, another close by. Sure, he might have made a "great play" again, and gotten the first down, maybe not.

Smith Sr should have gotten two feet down on the high throw, he didn't it happens.

Denver, are you serious, because your statement makes it appear you clearly do not know how to follow a football game. The pass was to the tight end, over the linebacker, Gilmore actually got his hands on it, but could not gather it in, it bounced off his hands to Stuart who made a great leaping interception.

Flacco has 14 fourth quarter comebacks, 21 game winning drives- http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=FlacJo00

It takes two to tango but 11 to succeed in game winning drives.

You cry about Smith sr having to make a great play for a game winning touchdown against the Raiders, then think he should make another one yesterday. Make up your mind.....

The Ravens rushed for 36 freaking yards yesterday, want to pace blame, blame there....

The defense gave up career best in yards passing and receiving for Dalton and Green, and yet again gave up not one, but two fourth quarter leads.... Yeah, blame Joe....

The only comment I'll make... The biggest names in the game have often won these games but often it also comes with big plays from a receiver. You can say that Smith was forced to make a big play last week and Joe shouldn't have forced that, but Brady, Manning, Roeth, etc... They all frequently make tough throws to tight spots and the receiver gets the ball.

Here's the reality: Joe shouldn't have to be making game winning drives every time. Where the credit to him for the go ahead drive he led prior to the games final drive?

And I'll end in the same note as always: who do you want to replace him? That's always the second half of the equation no one answers. I'm fine with criticizing, he deserves some of what he takes. But given this team has never had a qb as successful in the past, what's the magic bullet that ensures us an adequate replacement.

(I also second Ts thought about the Bengals final play)

Joe shouldn't have to, but thats the reality right now and he could have at least gone 2-2 on the last 4 game winning drives but he is 0-4. If you pay a guy 20 million a year and in 4 game winning drives he is 0-4 then, it's clear this guy needs to take a pay cut, he clearly can't get the job done because he doesn't have enough talent around him, so take a pay cut so Ozzie can get you some help because Joe is not good enough to make the money he makes, that much is clear at this point

Tha'ts because you are the only person who thinks Joe blew the last 4 games and not the defense.

If it makes you happy here, "Great job defense for scoring two TD's" There I gave them Credit. WhoopDeDoo!

Lets pretend they haven't lost Joe's lead 4 games in a row in the final 3 minutes.

05120039878c8f37903be1756d6f9592321cb-wm

If you're making 20 million dollars a year and have the ball with timeouts and enough time to put together a game winning drive and your team loses all 4 , 2 of them because you threw int's , another one because a guy is wide open in the end zone and you throw him out of bounds and another because you throw the ball to the only guy thats NOT open, it's your fault, thats why you get paid the big bucks , to come through in those moments and he is 0-4 in the last 4. I'm the only one holding this man that makes 20 millions dollars a year accountable. Joe Jock Riders come out in full force when someone holds there guy accountable, lets blame the defense who in two of the games were the reason the game was even winnable at the end. SMH

Joe has disappointed me this season. I know he has great fantasy numbers the last two games but he's had a chance to put this team on his shoulders and failed repeatedly. Not so sure Cypher is entirely wrong here.

Well its certainly not his fault we lost any of the games, at least I do not think so. However if you glance at his numbers the last two weeks they look like he had great games. I do not think so at all. They were average performances due to some of his mistakes. He makes the same mistakes over and over. I do not think backfoot Joe will ever go away, and it may get worse as he gets older and his arm is not as strong. I still do not think he does a great job and reading the field.

They were not his fault but he needs to be better.

Edited by Spen

Well its certainly not his fault we lost any of the games, at least I do not think so. However if you glance at his numbers the last two weeks they look like he had great games. I do not think so at all. They were average performances due to some of his mistakes. He makes the same mistakes over and over. I do not think backfoot Joe will ever go away, and it may get worse as he gets older and his arm is not as strong. I still do not think he does a great job and reading the field.

They were not his fault but he needs to be better.

Spen, I don't understand this... this... post of yours. It is as if you are saying that there can be more than one truth ... that a player can both be good and bad, at fault and not at fault... and that we should moderate our sentiments to the moments and arguments that best fit them.

Get out.

Joe has disappointed me this season. I know he has great fantasy numbers the last two games but he's had a chance to put this team on his shoulders and failed repeatedly. Not so sure Cypher is entirely wrong here.

Max doesn't understand the going rate for a franchise QB. Max also doesn't understand that a franchise that jumps from one cheap QB to the next is guaranteed to be a floundering franchise.

Max doesn't understand the going rate for a franchise QB. Max also doesn't understand that a franchise that jumps from one cheap QB to the next is guaranteed to be a floundering franchise.

Exactly.

According to Cypher, since $'s per year salary directly correlates to Game winning Drives Tony Romo, Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler, Cam Newton, Eli manning, Matt Stafford, Philip Rivers, Ryan Tannehill Colin Kaepernick, Russel Wilson all would have won those games on final drives with Kamar Aiken, Marlon Brown as 2 of their 3 top targets.

Exactly.

According to Cypher, since $'s per year salary directly correlates to Game winning Drives Tony Romo, Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler, Cam Newton, Eli manning, Matt Stafford, Philip Rivers, Ryan Tannehill Colin Kaepernick, Russel Wilson all would have won those games on final drives with Kamar Aiken, Marlon Brown as 2 of their 3 top targets.

Are you saying that Joe's salary and the chunk of the cap that he is taking up shouldn't relate to how many games he wins?

Are you saying that Joe's salary and the chunk of the cap that he is taking up shouldn't relate to how many games he wins?

Yes, football is a team game. He is 1 of 33 starters on offense/defense/special teams, that is 3%.

Webb, Yanda, Dumerville, Monroe combine for 23% of the entire salary cap on this team, when are you going to call them out for collecting paychecks and not executing game winning drives.

Webb is a shell of his former self, and part of the worst secondary in team history. Yanda is an offensive lineman for one of the worst rushing teams in the league, Dumerville has 1 sack and 6 tackles, Monroe played half of one game.