ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Breaking Bad

deeshopper

I watched the pilot days after FTWD premiered. It was a night and day difference. I cared about Walt and Jesse by the end of the first episode. I was hooked and was never at any time bored by an episode. Every episode moved the plot, even if, in the beginning, there was some retread (Tucos and then the other guy).

Better Call Saul was amazingly good. The performances from Odenkirk, Banks, and McKean are fantastic. Nothing else on TV is paced like Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. I guess Gilligan got some success and AMC just let him do whatever he wants.

Fargo reminds me of those two shows a bit.

Edited by Spen

Yeah, the pacing is brilliant. Occasionally Breaking Bad would run off course for a few episodes, but always held on...

Reminds me of The Wire. They simply did whatever they wanted. BB obviously had more jumps forward and back in time, as The Wire played it more straight. But an arc could last a season or just ten minutes... Usually longer, but just as slow a burn as they wanted regardless of what "production" said it should be

Only started watching BB after it finished its original TV run. Wasn't hooked immediately but after about 3 or 4 episodes I just felt it was getting better and better. It's also one of the few shows that gets consistently better with each season. There was no sophomore slump like so many shows endure and it ended at the right time. By that I mean, it didn't run for too long and had u watching out of loyalty (I'm talking about you Supernatural) or it ended too soon without closing the story off and tying up the loose ends.

• 2 weeks later...

Only started watching BB after it finished its original TV run. Wasn't hooked immediately but after about 3 or 4 episodes I just felt it was getting better and better. It's also one of the few shows that gets consistently better with each season. There was no sophomore slump like so many shows endure and it ended at the right time. By that I mean, it didn't run for too long and had u watching out of loyalty (I'm talking about you Supernatural) or it ended too soon without closing the story off and tying up the loose ends.

Ouch, Supernatural. That hurts, but yeah, it's not even Must See TV for me anymore. I catch it on the weekends on my DVR.

Finished watching the first season of Better Call Saul. Really enjoyed it!

I'm on to watching Gotham now. I'm three episodes in. Not sure what to think just yet.

I think Walking Dead has hit the point of holding on too long and losing it's pacing. Stopped watching last season - might have finished it out slowly but didn't even care enough to know now. Haven't watched at all this year. I know that other thread on it is still running... but I just can't really deal with the repeating narrative, poor pacing, etc...

Gotham I enjoyed a few episodes of. I don't really have the time to watch anything these days, so it just got cut from my roster... but I think I am also done with superheroes for a bit.

I'm not o big fan of prequels. I do realize that might sound silly but I have felt that way most of my life. And I don't really want to see superheroes as kids.

I don't mean it as a slam on Gotham, I'm sure it's a quality show from all I read, just not for me.

I just finished "Red Oaks" on Amazon, really liked it.

The CW's "Crazy Ex Girlfriend" is good but won't last. Too weird. It's star Rachel Bloom is great.