ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

where the game was lost

cravnravn

2nd half, 5 consecutive possessions, 5 consecutive punts. Only scoring was the play after the blocked punt.

We've got to do better then this, is it the play itself?

Is is the personnel?

We are so predictable on first down with that safety valve pass to Juice, and its not just to Juice we used to run it with Ray Rice. Take the play out of the playbook, I'd rather see Joe get sacked trying to go down field then to see 2nd and 9.

Not scoring in the second half offensively is a sure way to secure a top 3 pick in the 2016 draft.

Defense did a commendable job yesterday, that fluke play by Johnson was 50% of his rushing total. Nice to see Canty get his jersey dirty.

Edited by cravnravn

The game was lost on the plane to there..... This team looks tired, both lines, no gas left in the tank. They looked incredibly slow both physically and mentally. Missed assignments, simple assignments too boot..... The only brite spot was Buck Allen, I think they found their running back for the future....

The game was lost in the off season when they hired Mark Tressman; predictable offense............

The game was lost in the off season when they brough Pees back... no imagnation, no sense of talent..... no true game planing...

I disagree T, I thought our d line showed life last night, Canty looked decent, and we really only gave Cris Johnson 60 yards on the ground the fluke no call gave him 62 more.

Missed tackles are the first sign of being tired. They were pushed around most of the game, no pressure on Palmer; more signs of being tired; worn out.

Don't get me started on Mosely, oh wait he had a sack, whippie! NOT.....

the game was lost when Joe threw that int. it's that simple. you people can beat around the bush all you want.

Wrong, caus the best we could on done was tied them IF the 2 pt conversion was successful, it probably wouldn't of been giving you more firepower for your agenda. Edited by cravnravn

There were a million reasons including Joe's fatal INT, why we lost. Joe went down swinging; trying to win the game.

Still, Joe's part of the problem and part of the solution. Right now, we got a whole of problems to fix, not the least of which is Joe.

btw- Joe is 7th in the league in passing yards (ahead of Rodgers, Dalton and both Mannings) with arguably the WORST receiving corps in the NFL,

a makeshift OC position, precarious OL (sans Yanda) and a dysfunctional running game. Let that all sink in for a few minutes.

There were a million reasons including Joe's fatal INT, why we lost. Joe went down swinging; trying to win the game.

Still, Joe's part of the problem and part of the solution. Right now, we got a whole of problems to fix, not the least of which is Joe.

btw- Joe is 7th in the league in passing yards (ahead of Rodgers, Dalton and both Mannings) with arguably the WORST receiving corps in the NFL,

a makeshift OC position, precarious OL (sans Yanda) and a dysfunctional running game. Let that all sink in for a few minutes.

Only thing I'd change is that if day straight, Joe is the least of our problems .

That's not the same as saying he's perfect or doesn't have to improve, but he doesn't appear on the radar for why this team is 1-6.

Only thing I'd change is that if day straight, Joe is the least of our problems .

That's not the same as saying he's perfect or doesn't have to improve, but he doesn't appear on the radar for why this team is 1-6.

I agree. There are a number of throws he has missed, some rare poor dicisions he has made this year, but none that would turn this season around more than any of the other issues.

I will say, something seems off with him this year, some of those throws he normally makes he is way off, contrary to his nature. Take the last play Monday night, he normally makes that throw, why he chose to go to a fade when the defensive back was behind Gilmore has me puzzled. He knows and has made that throw properly in the past, a bullet between the 8 & the 0, not a fade.

I am not sure if he is pressing too hard or if something else is bugging him, but he does not seem to be the same so far......

In the last 4:00 minutes of a game Joe is the worse QB in the league, thats a fact, QBR and passer rating prove that, now let that sink in, everyone of our games this year has come down to the last 4:00 minutes and Joe is the worse QB in the league during that time period. Thats why we are losing, with all of the excuses about the defense and running game and lack of WR's, OL , OC , Ozzie , we still could have won all 7 games but Joe has not come through and i'm the only one saying it. I don't have an agenda i just expect more from a 20 million dollar QB in crunch time. Joe Jock Riders don't have a problem with him making so much and performing so poorly when the game is on the line, like this varaven45 guy, talking about how many passing yards Joe has, so what , win a game. At this point , don't win a game so we can get the first pick of every round, but Joe will mess that up i guarantee it, he'll have an untimely win or two to mess up our draft position down the stretch.

I agree. There are a number of throws he has missed, some rare poor dicisions he has made this year, but none that would turn this season around more than any of the other issues.

I will say, something seems off with him this year, some of those throws he normally makes he is way off, contrary to his nature. Take the last play Monday night, he normally makes that throw, why he chose to go to a fade when the defensive back was behind Gilmore has me puzzled. He knows and has made that throw properly in the past, a bullet between the 8 & the 0, not a fade.

I am not sure if he is pressing too hard or if something else is bugging him, but he does not seem to be the same so far......

I think part of the problem is more him lacking chemistry, hell even familarity, with the changing set of receivers he's had. Same is true in our secondary. Both the receivers (most of them) and secondary are really practice squad guys on most teams.

In the last 4:00 minutes of a game Joe is the worse QB in the league, thats a fact, QBR and passer rating prove that, now let that sink in, everyone of our games this year has come down to the last 4:00 minutes and Joe is the worse QB in the league during that time period. Thats why we are losing, with all of the excuses about the defense and running game and lack of WR's, OL , OC , Ozzie , we still could have won all 7 games but Joe has not come through and i'm the only one saying it. I don't have an agenda i just expect more from a 20 million dollar QB in crunch time. Joe Jock Riders don't have a problem with him making so much and performing so poorly when the game is on the line, like this varaven45 guy, talking about how many passing yards Joe has, so what , win a game. At this point , don't win a game so we can get the first pick of every round, but Joe will mess that up i guarantee it, he'll have an untimely win or two to mess up our draft position down the stretch.

Yup...that's pretty much your whole argument, summarized in one segment, by you.

No one is saying Joe is NOT at fault, but Joe is not THE problem.

How many times did Joe come through only to have it blown again? Why is it exactly we need Joe to come through in the last minutes anyway? The whole premise of being the best in the last two minutes is skewed. Where does Brady rank this year? Doesn't even belong in the list if he is there because just how many times has he needed to play the final four minutes?

What's our D ranked in the final quarter?

I'm just tired of this whole thing. The team is playing poorly, coached poorly. The D has given up more than 20 points on every game since game one... But clearly our offense is the problem.

Joe's thrown three picks to end games. That sucks. But we shouldn't be there anyway and on several occasions we were only there when the D blew a lead the O had just created. Bottom line: you can't take a sack or just run around on the final play of the game. So it's throw to win or their to lose. But the entire play is win or lose, not just Joe's decision.

Fuck off on this whole thing. How miserable some people make fandom.

Have you seen the pocket Joe has had to throw in? If you could even call it a pocket. While the game ending INT was a poor throw, it was still the only throw he could make as he had to back peddle and throw off his back foot or he was getting sacked in about 1.5 secs after the snap. But then that's what happens when you have to replace the entire left side of your line during the game.

So now Joe shouldn't have to win games in the final 4;00 minutes ROFLMAO, the things you jock riders come up with, then other Jock riders come in and Cosign this ISH. Joe shouldn't be in the position to have to win us games in the final 4:00 minutes, Joe should be able to sit on the sidelines the last 4:00 minutes laughing it up, with Schaub on the field taking victory formation snaps. If Joe has to win games in the final 4:00 minutes and fails then it's everyones fault but Joes. Joe gets paid 20 million a year and he ended last season on an ill advised throw to a double covered Torrey and has ended three games this year with ints and has not come through but one time in the last 8 attempts in the final minutes. And your response is he shouldn't have to play in the final 4:00 minutes because Brady doesn't have to. simply WOW.

If I were to place rank whose to blame

1: defensive coaching (i.e dean peas)

2: secondary personnell (giving up big plays)

3: flacco

4: offensive play calling

Minus the name calling. I tend to agree with chyper on the point that joe has been a disaster in the final 4 mins. 1-6 this season with the game on the line In the final minutes speaks for itself. I understand in some cases he has gotten the lead earlier in the game...if he thinks himself amount the leagues elite when it's time to sit down at the negotiating table then he needs to come through at least more often than not at the end when the game on the line.

So now Joe shouldn't have to win games in the final 4;00 minutes ROFLMAO, the things you jock riders come up with, then other Jock riders come in and Cosign this ISH. Joe shouldn't be in the position to have to win us games in the final 4:00 minutes, Joe should be able to sit on the sidelines the last 4:00 minutes laughing it up, with Schaub on the field taking victory formation snaps. If Joe has to win games in the final 4:00 minutes and fails then it's everyones fault but Joes. Joe gets paid 20 million a year and he ended last season on an ill advised throw to a double covered Torrey and has ended three games this year with ints and has not come through but one time in the last 8 attempts in the final minutes. And your response is he shouldn't have to play in the final 4:00 minutes because Brady doesn't have to. simply WOW.

Just to correct you a bit:

Week 2 Joe leads us to a fg and the lead with 2:44 left in the game, only to have the D fold.

Week 3 vs Cinncy Joe leads us to a lead with a TD 24-21 with 2:41 left. Only to have the D fold.

Week 5 with 2:38 left Joe leads us to the game tying fg, only to have the D fold in OT.

So your 4:00 claim really holds no water.