ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ray Rice is a good man

TBird

Here's an interesting article about how some big name athletes fell on hard times and lost it all after leaving

the game.

In Ray Rice's case, he's broke after spending most of his money on legal fees after striking

his wife but the good part is, she is still with him.

Didn't he sign a big contract?

Remember TO? No one will feel sorry for that bum. He fell on hard times after leaving the game

and owed IRS over $400,000 and failed to pay child support and is broke.

Here's a list of recent NFL players that went from millionaires to broke.

http://www.idistracted.net/20-nfl-players-who-lost-it-all/2/?v=p

80% are in the realm of broke within 2 yrs of leaving the game. I said when he settled with the team that it was stupid. He could have gotten much more from a suit. I expect him to sue the league but he better get to it before the statute of limitations expires. I think he is dreaming about getting that call I said would never come.

I'm calling bullshit on that article. Rice didn't even go to trial plus he got nearly $3.5M from the Ravens for wrongful termination. Not to mention he received a $15M signing bonus in July 2012.

Me too....

smells-like-bullshit_o_2218723.jpg

You don't know what other expenses he had other than the lawyers. Look how the lawyers ate up so much of Rays money in Atl.

Yea, and Ray had to settle on civil suits too giving two families $1M each, I think it was to

bring closure. Ray still had money though and signed another big contract for $50M or so.

He just went from a stretch limo to a limo after the criminal trial-lol.

I question the Rice statement in the article. Lawyers are expensive but it shouldn't have taken all his

money. Even a DUI is gonna cost you close to $10,000 for a lawyer in this state.

I question the Rice statement in the article. Lawyers are expensive but it shouldn't have taken all his

money. Even a DUI is gonna cost you close to $10,000 for a lawyer in this state.

South Park just finished their three part season finale which was based on online ads. The theme was how ads have evolved to the point where it is difficult to determine what is an ad and what is an actual website or news item. Really funny, I won't spoil anymore of the story arc. These "lists" are a perfect example of that: use recycled news items plus add a little frabrication for click bait, and before you know it you are distracted from what you were originally doing and you are now exposed to all the site's sponsor ads.

I like Ray Rice. A fan favorite. A community guy. He was screwed big time. One mistake- punched his girlfriend in the face while drunk. Caught on video and he is basically fired for life. The game he loved. The game he was good at. The game that made him a millionaire. And all this is gone- vanished, poof in a second- over a mistake while drunk. Anybody here ever made a mistake while drunk? Did it cost you everything you could have ever dreamed of?

I haven't participated in this thread but I have no idea whether he is a good man or not. He certainly did a bad thing but I have no idea whether it was a one time thing or a more frequent thing. I know to some people, even if it was a one time thing it makes him a horrible person. I'm somewhere in the middle.

Rice treated her like a piece of shit from beginning to end. That's not what a

good man does.

I don't even do rough

sex with a women even if she wants it. There was this gal whose ass

was red and black all over after she left her husband and I put cold cream

on it and soothed it for her. He was just as guilty of domestic violence and I

know he used a belt on her.

THIS IS NOT MY THREAD TITLE!!!!!!

Rice treated her like a piece of shit from beginning to end. That's not what a

good man does.

I don't even do rough

sex with a women even if she wants it. There was this gal whose ass

was red and black all over after she left her husband and I put cold cream

on it and soothed it for her. He was just as guilty of domestic violence and I

know he used a belt on her.

THIS IS NOT MY THREAD TITLE!!!!!!

Seriously? Really? "That's not what a good man does?" This, coming from you who once bragged on here that you were screwing a cop's wife. And when the cop found out about it, you lied in wait with a sniper's rifle for him to come home?

Look man, I'm a retired cop and I could not believe my eyes when I read that. You should have been banned immediately from here if the cowards that run this board had any balls.