ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

After week 14 looks like Ravens get the 4th pick

TBird

ILMAO - My math teacher said you can make anything you want of statistics. My 6th grade

counselor told my dad I'd never go to college. I have the statistics here to show you. Six years

later he became my counselor in college - good ole U of MD in college park. Goldie Hawn and

Connie Chung hung out with me on Friday nights at the Student Union for mixers.

Anyway so by increasing the number of games Joe played in to 10 the winning pct comes out

a little lower and just a little lower than the other guys winning just 2 in 6 games.

Not going by pct, Joe won 3 games which is more wins than the others and that is the point.

Still laughing at resident troll.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peace in the Valley. Man, these were 4 of the worse months of my life.

Radio said Ravens lost 14 games by 1 play in the final minutes of each game. They just

couldn't close them out. Guy said even with all the injuries they weren't the reason for

the losses.

Well, 80% doesn't help you win and with pro bowlers out like Suggs, Joe, Forsett plus

all the others out.

Hey 82 - Remember in 1960, Colts only had to win 1 of 4 final games to get into the POs.

They beat Bears in Chicago but half their team was injured. A guy named Ball held Unitas

by his arms while their DE Atkins came by and said just hold him there and I'll whack him and

he did. It looked like a tag team wrestling match.

Lenny Moore said Unitas should have died but still played. They stuck mud in his nostrils to

stop the bleeding. He had a concussion and blood down his face.

Then from his own 35 he throws a bomb to Lenny Moore who jumped over two DBs and caught

the ball in the end zone for the game winning TD. Halas called it the greatest play he ever saw.

He didn't even tell the refs that Moore should have been penalized for running out of bounds and

then back on the field in front of their bench because the play was so good for football he let it

stand.

But that was the game Halas had a $500 bounty to knock Unitas out to break his record of most

consecutive TDs. Ball and Atkins tried to collect the reward money but failed.

We only had to win one last game but they beat up the Colts so bad they lost all 4 games.

UGH!

I definitely remember that game and that season. The Bears game cost us a chance for another championship. Wasn't that also the game that ended Ameche's career? I know that happened sometime during that season.

Yea, Ameche got an achilles tendon just like Suggs this year but back then players

never came back from them. Ameche could have but retired because his restaurant business

was doing so well and he didn't like Weeb or more or less because Weeb hated Ameche.

Rosey put Ameche and Gino in the fast food business.

Berry hurt his knee in that game. I met him that year at a kids camp our church was associated with

on the Severn River. Don Schinnick was the youth paster and brought Ray down to

speak to us. I was 12 and thought I was tough shit walking up to Ray and said how's

the knee sir. I already knew Schinnick.

That was another year we should have another world championship trophy.

It was the last game of the 1960 season and we only had to beat a lousy Lions team with

a poor journey man QB named Earl Morrall. Even with all the injuries Colts kept it close

and Unitas threw another bomb at the end to win it or so everyone thought.

All the fans stormed the field, thousands of them and they were on the goal posts pulling them

down. Only problem, there were still about 20 seconds left, just enough time for a kick off and

one play.

It took 20 mins to clear the field and kick the ball. Morrall, who would blow SB 3 as the Colts QB

dropped back and threw a 5 yard pass to his WR who raced down the side line untouched for the

winning TD. There were still fans up on the goal posts pulling them down and on the field.

It was nothing but mass confusion but the fans physically lost that game for the Colts. People were

seen walking down 33 rd street with long pieces of the goal posts-lol. A guy up our alley stuck a

pole from a goal post in his back yard. lol True.

Can anyone see that happening today with SAFE around there-lol.

That's why the press called it the world's largest outdoor insane assylum.

ILMAO - My math teacher said you can make anything you want of statistics. My 6th grade

counselor told my dad I'd never go to college. I have the statistics here to show you. Six years

later he became my counselor in college - good ole U of MD in college park. Goldie Hawn and

Connie Chung hung out with me on Friday nights at the Student Union for mixers.

Anyway so by increasing the number of games Joe played in to 10 the winning pct comes out

a little lower and just a little lower than the other guys winning just 2 in 6 games.

Not going by pct, Joe won 3 games which is more wins than the others and that is the point.

Still laughing at resident troll.

Joe was a turnover machine like Schaub turned out to be. But with Mallett the picks went down. That is probably why the win percentage is a little better,

Joe won 3 in 10 games. That is a .300 win percentage. Without Joe they won 2 in 6 games. That is a .333 win percentage. Do you really want to argue math?

I'm a math major jackass...get bent. You're the Michael Moore of this message board. Bend the facts and or pick the ones that suit you. Gotcha...understood.

How about 3>2? How about 3 out of 16 games is a better percentage from 2 out of 16. Better yet, by your logic, Schaub and Mallet are better quarterbacks because they won 50% of the games they played. Brilliant!!!

If Joe's win percentage goes for 16 games it is a 4.8 wins. If you go with what was on the field for the last 6 games it is 5.328 wins. Really the question is less why Joe played a little worse than his replacements. But why wasn't he so much better than them?

Something else I found really interesting from this weekend. I was watching the game in a bar. the game next to the TV I was watching had the Was Dal game on. During the game Cousins broke the single season passing yards record with 4166 yds. What shocked me was who had held the record. Jay Schroeder had 4109 in 1986. Before the rule change Schroeder broke 4000 yds. Why can't Joe do that with the easier passing rules?

If Joe's win percentage goes for 16 games it is a 4.8 wins. If you go with what was on the field for the last 6 games it is 5.328 wins. Really the question is less why Joe played a little worse than his replacements. But why wasn't he so much better than them?

What was the SOS like over the games Joe played v the games the others played? Can you factor that into your equation anywhere?

Well why is it Q was a 1000 yd WR in Zona and stopped here. He got to SF and he was a 1000 yd WR again. I would put the winning at the feet of the team as a whole. I think Joe was more riding some coat tails.

Well Q couldn't have been successful due to Kap, who is going to be looking for a job...I guess Q got his yards due to the team...go figure.

But Q did get his yds with Kap.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/4512/anquan-boldin

In 2013 and 2014 Kap was the QB.

I didn't phrase this well...then is Kap is so great, why is he looking for work? Didn't Q have a better supporting cast? In Arizona he played opposite Fitz...makes more sense he got more yards...in SF they had a talented cast around him.

Honestly the Hardest part of the season was in the back end. It was front ended by not the greatest teams.

So you say the D had a hand in the wins in the back end? Oh so when Joe gets all thr credit for the wins in the past I am not seeing the D getting any credit then. You can't have it both ways.

I didn't imply anything. You said you can't argue with math. I merely pointed out your mathematical argument is incomplete and provided additional facts. I am not taking a side here. If anything I lean to agree with you despite your faulty argument.

I didn't phrase this well...then is Kap is so great, why is he looking for work? Didn't Q have a better supporting cast? In Arizona he played opposite Fitz...makes more sense he got more yards...in SF they had a talented cast around him.

That is the point. Kap was able to successfully use Q while Joe's use was done in a mediocre way.

In 2011 2012 Q had other weapons in Rice, Torrey, and Pitta. Everyone keeps yelling that Torrey is great in the argument about lacking Perriman. In 2010 there was Mason, Rice, Willis, Heap, Pitta, and Le'Ron. There have been weapons here. And Joe doesn't use them well.

I didn't imply anything. You said you can't argue with math. I merely pointed out your mathematical argument is incomplete and provided additional facts. I am not taking a side here. If anything I lean to agree with you despite your faulty argument.

Yeah when you take the games in the schedule it makes the argument Joe had a harder schedule moot.

Honestly the Hardest part of the season was in the back end. It was front ended by not the greatest teams.

So you say the D had a hand in the wins in the back end? Oh so when Joe gets all thr credit for the wins in the past I am not seeing the D getting any credit then. You can't have it both ways.

Funny, the talk at the start of the season was how hard the first 6 games were going to be.