ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Cincy will probably play their starters.

Tornado700

A win against your Ravens will not assure the Bengals a playoff bye week. It will also take a Broncos loss to the Chargers in Denver. I'm not counting on that. A loss wouldn't put them on the road to open the playoffs. But, you never know how it's going to play out. As long as the Jets win against the Bills Sunday, and the Steelers are sitting at home for the playoffs, I'm good.

A win against your Ravens will not assure the Bengals a playoff bye week. It will also take a Broncos loss to the Chargers in Denver. I'm not counting on that. A loss wouldn't put them on the road to open the playoffs. But, you never know how it's going to play out. As long as the Jets win against the Bills Sunday, and the Steelers are sitting at home for the playoffs, I'm good.

strangelove2.jpg"And so am I."

They have to have it. There is a shot at the #1 seed. If they lose they could slide to #3 and lose the first round bye.

Listen papa, the Bengals sit as the #3 right now. Even if my boys win tomorrow and the Patriots lose, the highest seed we can grab is #2, and that is only with Denver losing at home to San Diego. Due to the tie breaking formula, we cannot capture #1 seed. Even if your Ravens rise up and win on the road in Cincy, the Bengals remain at #3.

We don't have to "rise up" Bengals can't win the big game, can't change history, and history repeats itself. I found it quite comical that Vegas made the Bengals 10 point favs..I'm on the purple birds

I knew you would be. Personally I expect my Bengals to complete the season sweep.

Cinci has a lot to play for - home field advantage.

They'll be bringing their A game and they've been owning us a lot last few

years anyway. They have our number.

Someone has a tag line on all their posts that we've beaten Piss last 6 of 7

games plus 2 sweeps.

Cinci been doing that to us.

Hell, I'll be satisfied if we just keep it close with a minimum of mistakes. I'd like to see another decent start from Mallet and some semblance of a pass defense. Won't be easy. The Bengals, for now, are loaded with talent.

The Bengals better win it all this year. They're going to have 17 free agents this year. The window is closing.

http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/15118/bengals-free-agency-2016-aj-green-andrew-whitworth-adam-jones

Not necessarily. Bengals are 10th in league with most CAP space with $32M. Marvin has drafted some

pretty good talent. Now we know Mike Brown is the cheapest guy in town but he's been winning

on the cheap with Marvin running the football side of the house.

This year all teams get an increase to about - $150 - $153M.

It has to do with the CBA clause that CAP spending has to meet the floor. NFL also has more money

coming in from advertisers.

NFL is getting close to spending $1B on players salaries but are still bringing in $9B in profits overall

while MLB brings in $8B overall with an even higher payroll. Talk about $153M to spend on

football players, the Dodgers spent over $200M on baseball players and still didnt' go to the series.