ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Haslam's Elephant Graveyard

vmax

Unreal article by Peter King. But it's true...

Now from the land of make-believe …
Fun facts about Jimmy Haslam’s 39-month tenure as owner of the Cleveland Browns:
• The Browns have employed 61 coaches in those three-plus seasons.
• Haslam has fired two presidents/CEOs (Mike Holmgren, Joe Banner), and, by Monday noon, three general managers (Tom Heckert, Mike Lombardi, Ray Farmer) and three coaches (Pat Shurmur, Rob Chudzinski, Mike Pettine).
• Record since league approved Haslam as owner: 18-40.
• There have been four offensive coordinators on Haslam’s watch: Brad Childress, Norv Turner, Kyle Shanahan, John DeFilippo.
• The five first-round picks since Haslam bought the team: Barkevious Mingo, Justin Gilbert, Johnny Manziel, Danny Shelton, Cameron Erving.
• ​Dec. 31, 2012, after coach Pat Shurmur was fired:
“We’re well aware that this has been a carousel,” Haslam said. “It’s our job to find the right coach and the right GM and bring stability long term for the organization.”
• ​Dec. 30, 2013, after coach Rob Chudzinski was fired:
“We understand the importance of continuity,” Haslam said. “But I think it’s really important to hear this: We also understand the importance of getting it right.”
• ​Feb. 12, 2014, after CEO Joe Banner and GM Mike Lombardi were fired:
“There’s no training manual for being an NFL owner,” Haslam said. “I do know from previous experience how important continuity is. Right now we have to make this change and suffer the pain.”
• ​Aug. 1, 2015, vowing not to make big changes no matter how the Browns play in 2015:
“We’re not going to blow things up, okay?” Haslam said. “We are not going to do that. I think we have the right people in place to over a period of time be successful. I feel good that we have the right people in the building now.”
• ​Monday, Jan. 4, 2016, after Mike Pettine was fired as coach:
“I don’t think anyone anticipated going 3-13,” Haslam said. "We were naïve when we came into the process. It’s much harder than we thought it would be.” :yeah:

This all happened in 3 1/2 years! There's more....

https://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&type=C211US1067D20140817&p=sportsillustrated