ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens will draft a stud CB if they want to

TBird

Alshon Jeffery is a free agent this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see Trestman make a strong push for us to sign him. I think I would be happy going into the season with Jeffery, Aiken, SSS and hopefully a healthy Perriman. That would allow us to concentrate on a pass rusher and the secondary in the draft.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alshon Jeffery is a free agent this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see Trestman make a strong push for us to sign him. I think I would be happy going into the season with Jeffery, Aiken, SSS and hopefully a healthy Perriman. That would allow us to concentrate on a pass rusher and the secondary in the draft.

Jeffrey has injury issues. Missed 6 games this year.

Ok, here's draft tek's power board for rankings.

Hargraves is higher than Ramsey @ #2 while Ramsey is # 10 and got a -1.

Top pass rushers are Robinson from Alabama so you know Ozz will like him.

and Nkemdiche of Ole Miss, Bullard of Florida and Ogbah of OK State.

They're all DTs except Robinson who is a DE but the best down pass rushers.

I've seen Nkemdiche going high on mocks.

Jags will take either Hargraves, Ramsey or one of these guys, whomever they

like the best.

Point is, there will be enough pass rushers for Ravens to take.

http://drafttek.com/

Treadwell is still my choice is Ramsey if taken. TDs win games, and Treadwell gets lots of them and we have a QB to throw him the ball. A defensive lineman and/or pass rusher can only do so much.

Look at JJ Watt in Houston. As good as Watt is, look at the impact Hopkins has had on games with a terrible QB. If Houston ever gets a good QB, Hopkins will be unstoppable. The Ravens need a #1 receiver like Treadwell. Treadwell's skill set is also the perfect compliment to Perriman.

Exactly and I stated that above. Treadwell would be the BPA @ #6 and for the

reasons you stated.

I just listed the pass rushers that will be there us in case Ramsey, Hargraves dn

Treadwell are gone.

We're in great position to get an impact player to get us back in the playoffs.

• 5 weeks later...

My first wish list was Ramsey(cb) in the first and Noah Spence 3-4 OLB in the 2nd, Spence has really moved up the board with his senior bowl showing , he is now rated as the 2nd best pass rusher, so i have to adjust my wish list. Spence in the first and Cyrus Jones(cb) in the second. Jones is great in run support and really good returner and press covers well and he's getting better from year to year , he's also from Baltimore. Check out his film, Jones is a tough rugged corner.I would be very happy if these were our first two picks

My first wish list was Ramsey(cb) in the first and Noah Spence 3-4 OLB in the 2nd, Spence has really moved up the board with his senior bowl showing , he is now rated as the 2nd best pass rusher, so i have to adjust my wish list. Spence in the first and Cyrus Jones(cb) in the second. Jones is great in run support and really good returner and press covers well and he's getting better from year to year , he's also from Baltimore. Check out his film, Jones is a tough rugged corner.I would be very happy if these were our first two picks

Good choices.

Haven't made my mind up yet as far as trading back to get more picks in the 1st and 2nd round.

Spence has indeed rose to 2d best pass rusher since the SR BOWL but he was dismissed

from college with serious personality concerns but Norris' mock has him going to Jags.

If true, that will leave Ramsey to us and possibly Hargreaves to choice from.

Bisciotti will have the final say on this one if he's worried.

I love the sound of Jones in the 2d round which would allow us to take Treadwell,

Ramsey or Hargreaves or Spence.

Here's his scouting report.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/132912/noah-spence

We're going to have to wait for that because nfldraftblitz.com still has him in the 2d round

and this link was posted on 6 FEb and he was at the bottom of the list with 5 guys

better than him. This is a very valuable site to use as a tool.

It still has Hargreaves and Ramsey as the best 2 CBs, same as Kiper and McShay and

Treadwell as the best WR and Bosa as the best pass rusher and Tunsil and Stanley

the best LTs.

No mention of Spencer rising just yet.

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/nfl-draft-value-board-26/

Well, their mock sucks. Note all the teams that trade in front of Ravens to get their guy. It has Ravens

drafting OT Taylor Decker and not Ronnie Stanley. He's gone.

It has the Ravens leaving Hargreaves, Treadwell and even Bosa on the board.

I'd be pissed, very pissed.

If Stanley and Tunsil are drafted Oz would probably wait to the middle rounds for LT if KO leaves

but there's no way he takes Taylor over the above but this is just some phantom guy going by

needs and doesn't know how Ozzie drafts - the BPA.

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/2016-mock-draft/

This guy sounds like a project to me because he needs so much improvement in a lot of areas

such as bending lower while run blocking but he has great size, NFL arm length and strength. He's the leader of their o-line but only some teams have him even projected in the first round, certainly not in the top 6. If

KO leaves and Tunsil and Stanley are gone Oz could trade down to get this guy but I wouldn't leave Bosa

and Treadwell on the board.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/cfb/131426/taylor-decker

Another Bama bust..... Jones is always out of position, relying on his speed, in college, his athleticism, in college, to over take lesser talent. No way should the Ravens take him in the 2nd, I would let him be some one elses boom or bust.

Jones didn't start playing corner until his Sophmore year and he's improved every year, and he's a playmaker when he gets the ball in his hands, some have him as the 5th ranked CB so i'm assuming the 4 in front of him will be gone by the time we pick in the second. And i think he has a higher ceiling than the corners ranked ahead of him because he started playing the position late. You say he'd be a bust, i think in the long run he's going to be a steal.

Great post. thanks.

I found this on the Ravens site. Looks like Noah Spence could rise up the boards to the Ravens

6th spot after he tore them up at the SR Bowl.

But they will have to investigate his drug background but they did it with Jimmy Smith who has

turned out well.

Noah Spence’s Stock Skyrocketing All The Way To No. 6?

The Senior Bowl did wonders for outside linebacker Noah Spence’s draft outlook.

Heading into the event, draft analysts projected Spence to the second round despite showing top-15 talent. Off-the-field concerns stemming from failed drug tests that led to a Big-10 ban are what pushed him so far down the board.

But a dominant performance in Mobile, Ala., and a cleaned-up drug history over the last year quickly put Spence back in first-round consideration.

Now, one draft analyst sees Spence moving all the way up to the Ravens at No. 6.

“A post on the Ravens’ website last week speculated that Spence could fall into Round 2.Forget it,” wrote Sports Illustrated’s Chris Burke, who has the Ravens selecting Spence in his latest mock draft at No. 6.

“But Baltimore could grab the edge-rushing dynamo here. Spence starred during Senior Bowl week, consistently beating tackles around the bend. Teams will have to dig into his character, but the talent is there to justify a top-10 spot.”

Expect the Ravens, along with 31 other teams, to do their homework on Spence to see if he really has turned things around and is worth investing major draft assets.

The Ravens took a first-round chance on another player with “character concerns” in 2009 with cornerback Jimmy Smithicon-article-link.gif. Of course, that was the 27th-overall pick, but that decision turned out well. Smith was rewarded last season with a second contract, which is tough to get in Baltimore.

“If the Ravens are convinced that is behind [spence] — and they have a pretty good track record of sifting through such personal histories — then there’s a lot of upside here. Even better for their purposes, he’ll have something to prove,” wrote The Baltimore Sun’s Jon Meoli.

“The Ravens are so diverse with how they use outside linebackers that he can likely fit in anywhere, if they’re convinced of his quality and makeup.”

Kiper had Ravens drafting LT Stanley only if KO leaves. Guess Bosa is it if KO stays.

Jones is gonna draft Treadwell. He wants a weapon for Romeo then go for the QB

in next year's draft.

Goff and the other QB should go in the top 3. Tunsil should go in the top 3 also, if not

the top 4. I've even seen Tunsil and the other LT-Stanley in the top 3 and Tunsil as the #1

pick in the draft. So it's possible that these players will be gone by Ravens turn.

1. QB

2. Tunsil

3. QB

4. Treadwell

5. Ramsey or Bosa to Jags.

6. Bosa, Ramsey or Noah Spence to Ravens

If Jags draft Ramsey as many speculate, Ravens get pick of Bosa or Spence. If not,

Ravens get Ramsey or Spence to choose from or Stanley if KO leaves. Not a bad scenario with 3 impact

players to choose from plus some other good pass rushers still on the board.

They said Bosa is not a good fit for 3-4 defense but many say he can play on the edge as OLB

with his speed and power and DT and DE on the line with his quick first step but he's not another

white hope of JJ Watt. He doesn't have JJs size or power or speed.

In those scenarios Bosa will be a very real possibility depending on what the Jags do.

Exactly guys but all the boards are doing this. One board as the way to early draft thread talking

about who will be there and who everyone wants. People are getting their info together.

Nothing is serious until after the FA signings which start in a short whil thru March and the Combines

where everyone's numbers and times become NFL official. That's when names will fall and rise. Right

now things are ranked according to their SR Bowl performances like Noah Spence who tore them

up and has risen from a 2d rounder to 1st to maybe top 10 pick.

That's a new name that was posted this past week so we have another impact player to choose

from.

It's all about getting info and having a little for for draft geeks like us. I don't watch much college

football so I have to do a lot of homework to find out.

Links like NFLDRAFTBLITZ.COM is one good tool as is Walterfootball.

Here's a new name I haven't heard that Kiper has going to SD @ #3 - DeForest Buckner.

I haven't seen this anywhere near the top 5, middle 1st round but not top 5. Kiper said he grades

out the same as Bosa who also fits anywhere.

I'd take Bosa but let SD take Buckner so we have a better shot at Bosa.

With Tunsil, Wentz, QB, Buckner, Treadwell gone and Jags taking Ramsey, that leave Bosa to Ravens

plus Hargreaves, Spence and Stanley.

Last year Kiper's final mock had us taking Carl Davis whom we got in the 3rd after

drafting Perriman in 1st round and Maxx in 2d round.

Oz said he originally had Davis in first round but he dropped. DeCosta said he was

shocked to see him still on the board in the 3rd round. Great value pick there who had

some great moments as a rookie.

Maxx gained more yardage than any rookie TE in history and will be a Heap-like

star once he bulks up and develops. HARBs said people bounced off of him this

year, not the other way around. He's excited.

Only bust of course was Perriman but hopefully he returns strong this year to go with

Aiken.

Here's that name Buckner again for Ravens d-line over Bosa. This time by Jamison Hensley.

Hargreaves is the No. 4 prospect in Todd McShay's player rankings. The other option is Oregon defensive end DeForest Buckner. He can be a dominant force on the defensive line and has the motor that the Ravens like. But, if Hargreaves and Buckner have close to the same grade, the Ravens will go with the bigger position of need.

Hargreaves won't come close to grading out as even as Buckner if Kiper has him going #3.

McShay might like him but I've seen him going way down in the first with comments that

he'll get bumped and pushed around in NFL something McShay doesn't consider.