ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

We are about to be Hammered

vmax

Think of the 5 worst snowstorms in your life. This one will be right up there and possibly the worst.
I am not looking forward to this at all. Hope the power doesn't go out....it could get mighty cold and no way to get anywhere.

Now's the time to get in touch with any elderly or disabled persons that you know to make sure that they can ride this out.

I do have about 20 rolls of toilet paper if anybody needs some.

And man did supermarket lines show it the last three days... I'm just annoyed that right now every school district but mine has closed tomorrow,wisely, to help avoid the drive home insanity...

Official bet: 28" in north Baltimore

Well, not sure on that. Most models calling for 1pm arrival of light snow. And given bad calls in recent past,they want no part of having anyone on the road in that. Even an early dismissal would have elementary buses running at 3 or later, right when every other schlub in town is cutting out of work to get home... in flurries or worse.

WaPo weather gang, literally minutes ago, live blogging the new models as they come in:

The NAM runs rather slow. So lets look at timing again a bit. It has measurable precipitation by 3 p.m. through the immediate area, and this is after snow begins in the hour or two prior. Not heavy yet, but itll stick quick given its been so cold and will likely stay near or below freezing on Friday.

(NAM officially has snow at12pm)

Yeah, could. Ijust think they don't want to get caught in any way... Once you bring kids in,anything changes for the worse and you're screwed.

Meanwhile, in being selfish, I was simply more annoyed that my school wasn't going with the trend!

If all goes poorly, it's been nice knowing you all. Thanks for the laughs and the virtual comradery over the last almost 2 decades (!?!).

Decade and a half... Which is officially half my life!

It's been real, Spen.

Yeah, could. Ijust think they don't want to get caught in any way... Once you bring kids in,anything changes for the worse and you're screwed.

Meanwhile, in being selfish, I was simply more annoyed that my school wasn't going with the trend!

They didn't seem that concerned when I went to school. I had to walk home in 3 inches more than once.

I'm working on a montage of posts through the years against a backdrop of the sports or news events that inspired them. It's going to start out sepia toned and turn to natural color as time passes.

I hope I finish it and post it before the end.

I'm working on a montage of posts through the years against a backdrop of the sports or news events that inspired them. It's going to start out sepia toned and turn to natural color as time passes.

I hope I finish it and post it before the end.

Can I get it hard copy?

I left Potomac Md about an hour ago. It was snowing there but it seems I ran just ahead of the storm as it's just starting in Catonsville.

As I was coming down rt 40 towards Catonsville I saw cars lined up trying to get on a CVS parking lot. People have to get those last second panic buys in or maybe they just found out it was going to snow.

Having lived through storms like this, my best guess is they won't be able to plow during the blizzard portion of the storm. They may get a late start at it sometime Saturday. Sunday they will concentrate on the major highways. Sometime Monday or Tuesday you'll see the first snow plow on your street.

We definitely have a 3-4 day weekend coming up.

Anyway...to help pass the time and have fun during the storm, once again we will host ER Board Best Snowman Event.....

See if you can top last years winner....

sexy-snow-people-3.jpg

Edited by vmax

Something I'd never seen: two gas stations in Towson with no gas at 10am. Third had ten cars at every pump.

Wild.

Also, when Lowe's and home depot are out of everything, Salvo had it all- ice melt, gas cans, shovels...

Something I'd never seen: two gas stations in Towson with no gas at 10am. Third had ten cars at every pump.

Wild.

Also, when Lowe's and home depot are out of everything, Salvo had it all- ice melt, gas cans, shovels...

I needed gas like I normally do at the end of the work week and it was a pain to get it. Once I actually got to a pump the only gas available was the supreme. Oh well.

I'm not sure why but I get a bit freaked out when places start running out of gas.

I needed gas like I normally do at the end of the work week and it was a pain to get it. Once I actually got to a pump the only gas available was the supreme. Oh well.

I'm not sure why but I get a bit freaked out when places start running out of gas.

Because in every apocalyptic movie and story, there is the talk about finding gas and the abandoned stations,etc. Lol. But I had the same queasy feeling.

Because in every apocalyptic movie and story, there is the talk about finding gas and the abandoned stations,etc. Lol. But I had the same queasy feeling.

When I first started working in Columbia one day at lunch I saw crowded mayhem at a gas station. It worried me so I started wondering what was going on that I didn't know about. After asking around I was told that most gas stations in Columbia are expensive and the Costco is much cheaper so it often has lines.

Edited by Spen

From what I see in the ER Snow Emergency Center, the BG&E power outages are not too bad considering the high wind forecast. My biggest fear was no power during the playoff games. Secondly, I considered the comfort and welfare of my family. I really need them to shovel all this snow.

Mayor of Annapolis just on tv. He said that it will take 4-5 days after the storm is over to get all of the Annapolis streets clear.

I figured that for many of us, we won't see a snow plow on our streets until some time Monday.