ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Joe's New Contract

GrubberRaven

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a good deal. Sure, six mil this year but 13 mil over the next two. So almost 20 mil over three years saved. That is outstanding.

Remember, that is based on this year's cap number, the cap will go up each year. Also under the new cap rules, they have fo use up most of it each year.

You can do a lot with almost 20 mil over the next three years. They should be able to sign Kelechi now and better.

this is not a win-win , Joe gets a 40 million dollar check and the Ravens save 6 million, i really was hoping to get more than 6 million dollars in cap space. Linta wins the negotiations again

I was hoping for $8 million this year too but hell I'll take 6 and the 13 over two years.

Joe's close to being a Raven for life. You can't get to and win a Super Bowl in today's NFL without a QB like him.

I was thinking about this today. Let's go back 60 years. That is a long time.

Baltimore has had only 2 really good QB's in Unitas and Bert Jones. Joe is #3.

There were others who were fun to watch, but they were not going to get you there.

The point for me is....I don't want to lose him. It could be 20 years before another QB is in Baltimore that teams have to fear and respect.

Now we have a 6 year window.

I'll take it.

"I just spent about five days with GMs [at the NFL combine] that are looking for a Joe Flacco," Newsome said. "They're not sleeping at night. I can tell you that. Joe is our quarterback and I'm proud to say that."

Oz also said that we're not doing this for the CAP.

This is so we can keep Joe as our QB.

ESPN showed the lowered paid QBs and Joe is lumped in there with the guys

that came out in the last 2 or 3 years but the last time I figured it out Joe was making

over $1M pr game. There's 16 games. Each NFL player gets 1 check pr week which is

1/16th of his salary. So add up Joe's money and it comes to over $1M pr game. That

amount started around the 2d year of his contract. I don't have all the figures in front of me

so someone can correct me.

They don't get paid for pre-season games but get room, board and meals and a token of

a check. They're all millionaires anyway with min wage around $800Gs for the worse player -

$60,000-$70,000, for guys on the practice squad.

They don't get paid for the POs but they do get winners/losers shares for each PO game.

SB winners usually get around $92,000 while the losers get half plus earnings from all

the POs games getting there.

When the Colts won the 58 sudden death championship game, each player got around

$5,500.

this is not a win-win , Joe gets a 40 million dollar check and the Ravens save 6 million, i really was hoping to get more than 6 million dollars in cap space. Linta wins the negotiations again

They were about $6M under the CAP going into negotiations and just doubled that space. Ozzie

said this is about keeping Joe not the CAP but they done good and have enough to buy one

FA. Others can restructure.

Some people just don't get it and they compare apples and oranges. Here's 5 reasons why

this is a good deal for both parties. Joe of course gets $44M in guaranteed money.

Ravens save $6M under the CAP which might be enough to keep KO and they won't have to

draft LT Stlaney and concentrate on an impact player like Ramsey. If KO leaves they can

sign another FA.

Flacco’s new deal spreads out his contract more evenly. That should give Newsome more flexibility to tweak the roster, and get the Ravens back to contending status.

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/football-baltimore-ravens/talk/5-reasons-why-flacco-deal-though-pricey-was-right-ravens