ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Canty and Smith released.Upshaw, KO Gone?

vmax

I understand the Canty release due to age. He was a stand up guy....good character guy and good for the rotation. He had a great attitude and gave his al,l but like all players, Father Time catches up.

It's time to get younger, faster, and stronger.

Smith also was a consummate professional and solid presence on the field. He was a very good LB, tackler and field general. When the Ravens signed him he was a very valuable veteran presence that the unit needed with the loss of Ray and Ed. Canty helped in this respect too.

I don't see the Ravens signing KO. That would be too much money in the O line unless they pay him as a LT and he performs well there. I see this as a very long shot.

Upshaw is an enigma. Teams can't run his way. He's nasty and I like that...... but he can't get to the QB. They need a player who can do both. They might bring Upshaw back if the market is soft for him.

This is the purge of the Flacco fallout (new contract). They start cutting guys the next day.

Ravens will save $2M vs the CAP for each player. Smith could still return.

Did someone say spending that much on KO is too much on the o-line unless it was the

LT position.

Um, someone hasn't been reading this forum with threads and posts stating Ravens want to pay

KO LT money and then release Monroe who is always injured. I posted quotes from him saying

that Ozzie wants him here as the LT and is doing everything he can to keep him. Doing Joe

might be enough to keep him here as the LT. I said might and only if he gives them a home town

discount.

KO says he wants to stay and at LT. Someone will most likely offer more than Ravens and then

we'll have to draft Ronnie Stanley, the best LT on the board. That will keep us from drafting a

Buckner or Hargreaves.

I'd kind of like Von Miller myself but Ravens probably don't have enough money for him.

He'll probably stay in Denver anyway.

I'm not sure about KO @ LT anyway. It's not like he's done it for a long time. He just did well

for the 2d half of the season. He's never played an entire season at LT and is often injured

at LG. Ryan Jensen filled in well for him last year and he was injured in the beginning of this

year.

Maybe Ravens should draft Ronnie Stanley and they can forget the left side and use this

new CAP space dollars for an Okung or some pass rusher.

And there goes our 1st round playmaker -CB or WR- in next months draft.

Nah... they'll go with a playmaker with they're 1st... Oz has a good track record with Olinemen. I'm guessing they'll keep Monroe and get a LG in rounds 3-5

KO offered more than 11mil/year by the Raiders.....buh bye

Damn, that means Stanly # @ 6 unless they sign this Okung guy.

Raiders always bite themselves anyway. Like I said, KO getting that kind of money and he's never even

played a full season at LT and he's often injured.

Nah... they'll go with a playmaker with they're 1st... Oz has a good track record with Olinemen. I'm guessing they'll keep Monroe and get a LG in rounds 3-5

He hasn't drafted a Lt since JO left or not a good one.

We got Gaither with the supplemental draft, then he signed Fat Mac, then he signed Monroe at

LT.

The other good linemen were Grubbs was a #1 pick at LG and one of the best and Yanda was picked

later and is the best RT in the game.

Mullitalo was after the 1st round and one of the best LGs.

But if a Buckner and Jack are there, they would have to draft the BPA. They're higher than Stanley, or at

least Buckner is but Stanley would enable us to forget about the left side while protecting Joe who

was pressured and sack a lot last year and got his first injury that knocked him out.

They need a LT...........

Making the right decision in terms of football economics doesn't help the Ravens solve their problem at left tackle. Can the Ravens really trust Monroe again? He has missed 16 games since receiving $17.5 million guaranteed two years ago. Does Baltimore want to use the No. 6 overall pick on a left tackle? Notre Dame’s Ronnie Stanley should be available, but it's become a gamble to take offensive tackles in the top 10 lately. Is there a better option in free agency? There are plenty of question marks with Russell Okung, Donald Penn, Kelvin Beachum and Jermon Bushrod.....http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/26227/ravens-shouldnt-be-criticized-for-losing-kelechi-osemele-to-raiders

Monroe did not impress me from Day 1. The best I can describe him as is "adequate when healthy".

Looks like KO is gone according to talk on the other boards. I found this which is what I've been saying

here. He's been injured and has never played an entire year at LT and now Ravens even question his

passion to the game.

So now maybe they can pay Okung with KOs money?????

Seems like the ravens don't trust ko to play at 100% effort after being paid. Jason Cole says we have a year to year contract structure proposed as our offer

Backing up the rumors they feel he doesn't have high passion for football.

They need a LT...........

Monroe did not impress me from Day 1. The best I can describe him as is "adequate when healthy".

Stanley is not a top 10 tackle. If they take him there, they will rue the day. I am not sure he will be a good left tackle or tackle for that matter. He may be better suited to guard in the NFL. You don't take a guard in the top 10, you don't even take a right tackle in the top 10 unless you have a left handed quarterback....

Monroe is not the answer, I said it when they signed him, I will stick to it; he can't stay healthy and he is not strong at the point of attack. KO may not be a great left tackle, not worth 60 mil over 5 years, but now, they have no left tackle unless some one steps up their play from last year. I still have hope for Hurst, maybe he makes that move.