ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Rumor Mill: Eagles to trade up with Ravens/Ozzie to trade up for Tunsil?

TBird

Bunch of rumors going around NFL this time of year. The link below says the Eagles need a QB and could trade up to get one of the big 3 before they're off the board at #13 where they are. The best

team to trade up with is Ravens at #6 and they'd get their man.

It would only cost them a 3rd round pick and they have two of them so it's a smart move. When asked,

Ozzie said they can always call me. I love Flacco and Mallett. Oz has a history of trading down but

only when he is drafting low and there's nobody on the board he likes.

At #6 he needs a play maker and would lose out on a Ramsey, Buckner, Jack or LT Stanley which he is

in desperate need of. I seriously doubt Oz would miss out on a play maker. DeCosta said he is really

excited at who will be there. I don't even like the names I'm seeing from about #14 to #32.

So my guess is they will have to cough up more if they want his spot in the draft.

The other rumor I heard from a friend who just phoned me is Ozzie is trying to trade up for Tunsil

regarded as the best LT and player in the country. Don't know the source. My friend is looking and

I am too.

I don't see where Ozzie has the juice to trade up to #1 where Tunsil could go.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2016/02/nfl_draft_rumors_eagles_trade_up_with_baltimore_ra.html

I wonder if Oz would trade up to #1 if in return we give the Titans our first pick this year and next year's #3.

I doubt the Titans would take that deal. I did read where Tennessee is desperate to trade down though.

Or better yet, we exchange 1st round picks this year, give them Monroe and a 5th pick next year. Who knows, maybe the Titans are stupid.

Here's a new rumor that Ravens might be interested in Mike Wallace at the right price.

Right price are the key words. He got a $60M pay day after completing his rookie contract with

Pissburgh but didn't live up to expectations. He knows it and will have to reduce to somone to

stay in pro ball.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-310-Ravens-Interested-In-WR-Mike-Wallace-If-Price-Is-Right/7d031023-fad5-45b6-9f1c-fe2c1519c722

They'd have to trade up to Dallas to secure Ramsey and that would be too expensive.

Besides, NFL.COM saysthe JAGs wants Jack. See Jack thread.

Crave said the talking head down there are saying Jack so we might not have to do anything

but turn the card in for Ramsey.

We could have the possibilities of Bosa, Buckner, Tunsil, Ramsey, Stanley and Hargreaves to choose from.

If Tenn drafts Bosa, that leaves Tunsil on the board.

Cleve takes Wentz, QB

SD takes Buckner or Tunsil

Dal takes Treadwell

JAGs take Jack or Ramsey

They'd have to trade up to Dallas to secure Ramsey and that would be too expensive.

Besides, NFL.COM saysthe JAGs wants Jack. See Jack thread.

Crave said the talking head down there are saying Jack so we might not have to do anything

but turn the card in for Ramsey.

We could have the possibilities of Bosa, Buckner, Tunsil, Ramsey, Stanley and Hargreaves to choose from.

If Tenn drafts Bosa, that leaves Tunsil on the board.

Cleve takes Wentz, QB

SD takes Buckner or Tunsil

Dal takes Treadwell

JAGs take Jack or Ramsey

how is moving up 2 spots too expensive? what would we have to give up to switch #1's with Dallas ?Cle may not even take a QB now, they are looking at Kap and RG3 and i don't see Dal taking Treadwell unless he runs a really fast 40 which i don't think he will. there's a scenario where Buckner, Bosa, Jack, Ramsey, Tunsil are all gone by the time we pick.

how is moving up 2 spots too expensive? what would we have to give up to switch #1's with Dallas ?Cle may not even take a QB now, they are looking at Kap and RG3 and i don't see Dal taking Treadwell unless he runs a really fast 40 which i don't think he will. there's a scenario where Buckner, Bosa, Jack, Ramsey, Tunsil are all gone by the time we pick.

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

About 200 pts or a 3rd round pick, if they go by the draft value chart. Iv heard some teams do, others not so much.

I hope they trade down if they can't get Ramsey or Treadwell. Iv a feeling with the Wallace signing, they feel Treadwell is no better an option than Aiken, both possession receivers.

ts - good points. Teams use the value chart developed by Cowboys when Jimmy was there. Actually it

was an assistant. Each spot and each round of the draft is worth points and the higher you draft or

trade up to the costlier the points and higher draft pick you cough up.

Back when Ngata was still on the board Phil was about to draft for need instead of the bpa as he

learned from Ozzie all those years. He knew he was leaving the best payer in the draft on the

board and asked Oz if he wanted to trade up. The Eagles were behind him and they wanted Ngata

so Phil asked Oz if he wanted to trade up 1 spot to secure Ngata. Oz said, Phil, just draft who

you want to and we'll draft our guy. Then Oz looked at DeCosta for info on the value chart

and Eric said offer him a 6th so Oz did. Phil told that story to us at Nest 1 and said his old

pal did pretty well getting a 6th out of Ozzie.

Jones wants Treadwell, but the kind of thinking you just stated about possession type receivers and

the Ravens going for experience for the same guy is why they win and Jones aways loses.

NFL.com has Dallas down for one of the QBs, I think Goff. They originally said they wanted a QB for

Romeo to groom. Then a few weeks ago Jerry said he wants Treadwell and they could wait another

year for a QB so if he has control he'll get his QB.

HOwever, he's losing control as his son pulled a fast one on him. Jerry wanted Manziel bad and was

ready to turn the card in on him when his son yanked it out of his hands and turned a card in for

Zack Martin who just missed rookie of the year and made the pro bowl.

The Clowns just released Party Boy so Jimmy might get his qb yet.

Then he can get his weapon - Treadwell.

I'll be happy with one of Bosa, Ramsey, Buckner or Jack.

Hell I agree! I'll be ecstatic to get one of those guys. Our defense would really be tough then. If we get Ramsey and we already have Weddle it's going to make passing against us a real crap shoot. If we add a pass rusher to Ramsey, somehow (maybe round 2) we'll have a 'set' defense.

i don't believe a word that comes out of a Gm's or owners mouth this time of year, if a GM/owner says" Player x" is who we are targeting, you better believe its just posturing. who is there right mind this time of year actually tells the public who they want to draft.

Very, very true. Even the Titans may blow smoke.

i don't believe a word that comes out of a Gm's or owners mouth this time of year, if a GM/owner says" Player x" is who we are targeting, you better believe its just posturing. who is there right mind this time of year actually tells the public who they want to draft.

That's usually true with the likes of Ozzie but Jones goes by the beat of his own drummer and hasn't won

a ring since the 90s and got that one because he had Jimmy who was doing most of the drafting. If

Jerry says he wants someone, he wants him. He hasn't learned to blow smoke.

You didn't read where I poted Jerry had the card to turn in on Manziel but his son took it out of his hand

and turned in the card on Zack Martin who almost won rookie of year and made pro bowl as a rookie.