ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Jimmy Smith and Yanda restructure deals

papasmurfbell

Ouch. What is Ozzie doing? The Ravens in the past prided itself on not resorting to this...

The only thing I can think of is the Ravens are setting up their cap to coincide with Flacco's prime years. Maybe we are kicking the can down the road four years at which point we are looking at a total rebuild with lots of dead money.

The only real ouch in this is Watson's 3 mil cap hit. But it is clear by these moves and the rumors, they intend on signing one of the two free agent tackles.

The cap will go up each of the next 4 years so Yanda, will not only easily fit under, but be worth it. He has at least 5 solid years left in him.

Smith is likely to move to safety when the time comes, I hope. I was hoping C-mac would way back then, but he did not want to make the move. Maybe Smith will.

It's beginning to look like the Ravens are in the 'win now' mode. Cap space will be a problem after a year or two as these restructured contracts fallout hits us.

I'm waiting to see what the results are this year after freeing up all this cap space and kicking the can down the road. Just who are they signing?

The only real ouch in this is Watson's 3 mil cap hit. But it is clear by these moves and the rumors, they intend on signing one of the two free agent tackles.

The cap will go up each of the next 4 years so Yanda, will not only easily fit under, but be worth it. He has at least 5 solid years left in him.

Smith is likely to move to safety when the time comes, I hope. I was hoping C-mac would way back then, but he did not want to make the move. Maybe Smith will.

So they will not be signing players then?

That's all fine and dandy, but when the time comes will Jimmy take the pay cut from CB to safety. There's a pretty good distance in the monies from CB to safety.

That's all fine and dandy, but when the time comes will Jimmy take the pay cut from CB to safety. There's a pretty good distance in the monies from CB to safety.

If not, he goes, no big loss, no big cap hit. Honestly, I cannot see what some are "freaking out" over this. This hardly speaks of a win now attitude. And yes papa, I full expect them to be signing players, young, very good players.

It will be interesting to see if Ozzie signs another unrestricted free agent and gives up the potential third round compensation pick from KO. Remember, compensation picks become tradable next year, so that makes the pick even more valuable.

My guess is we stick to players that have already been cut.

It will be interesting to see if Ozzie signs another unrestricted free agent and gives up the potential third round compensation pick from KO. Remember, compensation picks become tradable next year, so that makes the pick even more valuable.

My guess is we stick to players that have already been cut.

He sees signing an unrestricted FA as costing him 2 players to get one. I think he stays pat.

More info. Just checked Sportrac's website and our cap actually goes down each year from 2016 onwards even with the restructuring.

Of course it does as other contracts expire. By 2019 our projected cap totals is only 56m, but that probably only covers three players...