ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens have enough CAP space for Weddle and Wallace

TBird

I like the sound of this. Torrey on Wallace.........

Torrey Smith also said Wallace will fit well with the receivers the Ravens have in place in Steve Smith, Aiken, Perriman and the newly signed Watson. If Perriman is at full strength, the Ravens could potentially stretch the field with two speedy receivers.

"Even the year we went to the Super Bowl, myself on the outside and Jacoby [Jones], put Anquan [boldin] in the slot, it creates tougher matchups," Torrey Smith said." I think they signed Ben [Watson] too, so Ben's going to have probably the best year of his career. It's going to be a big change in the offense, but I think they definitely made some positive moves."

But who's faster, Wallace or Flacco's former deep ball partner in Torrey Smith?

"Mike's fast, man. Most of the time, I'll tell you I'm faster than whoever. I'm not even going to sit there and tell you that I think I'm faster," Torrey Smith said. "It looks different when he runs. It's pretty crazy."....https://www.pressboxonline.com/2016/03/21/torrey-smith-mike-wallace-ravens-a-perfect-match

:gorave:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go! JJ on Weddle.........

Jarret Johnson said March 15 on Glenn Clark Radio .

"Weddle, when I first got [to San Diego in 2012], it kind of shocked me how much he reminded me of Ed Reed," said Johnson, who was Weddle's teammate with the Chargers from 2012-14. "When I say that, I mean, his preparation for the game, the way he

" … I don't know if he slept -- it was ridiculous," Johnson said of Weddle's work ethic. "He'd get there -- at San Diego, we got there really early, 5:15, 5:30 a.m. -- and he would have been there and already got a workout in and was in the cold tub or something. And then, when you leave at 5 or 5:30 p.m., he's back in the cold tub on his iPad.

"It's things like that that made him and Ed great players. I'm hoping that [Weddle] has the same success that [Reed] had in the middle part of his career -- he was getting seven, eight, nine picks a year."understood his opponent, how much he watches film and was willing to take risks and even willing to sometimes break coverage in order to make a big play, which is what Ed Reed was notorious for. His work ethic is off the charts, though."..

He is going to fit in unbelievably well," Johnson said. "He is a family guy, very religious guy, but great personality. He's got a little bit of an outlaw to him, which the Ravens love. The Ravens want alpha dogs. The Ravens thrive on alpha dogs throughout the history of the Ravens, especially on defense, and he is that guy.

"I mean, he's not going to be bashful. He's not going to be intimidated. He's not going to be scared. He's going to walk in there and shake a guy's hand and get ready to work. As a person, they don't get any better. The guy is obsessed with football, and that's what you've got to have to play at the level he has. You got to have guys that love football, and I couldn't think of a better fit."..https://www.pressboxonline.com/2016/03/19/jarret-johnson-eric-weddle-is-a-huge-upgrade-to-ravens

:bow: