• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 cravnravn

cravnravn

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,942 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 06:44 PM

Honestly I look at this as a win for Darwinism.  If you aren't smart enough to wear a helmet then you aren't smart enough to survive.

It's not a Darwinism, its a choice. The state of Florida gives you choice as to wear a helmet or not. With that said, helmet or not he wouldn't have survived

Edited by cravnravn, 19 March 2016 - 06:46 PM.

#22 dc.

dc.

Don't Really Give A...

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 07:23 PM

I disagree with both statements. Helmet may well have saved his life. But not every mistake needs to be fatal; the raw luck that comes into who gets away with simple mistakes and who pays greatly for them has always baffled, unsettled me.

His death can be both a tragedy and a lesson to those lucky enough to have gotten away with the same error.
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster too. And when you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares also into you.

#23 cravnravn

cravnravn

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,942 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 03:01 AM

I don't know DC, 2 humans with helmets on colliding is one thing, a human with a helmet taking on a 3500 lb piece of plastic and metal and speed factor would produce an impact greater then what the safety of that helmet could provide.

100% agree on your last statement, there is a valuable lesson to be taken from his tragedy.

#24 thundercleetz

thundercleetz

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,992 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 11:08 AM

Very sad read... Tray was an outstanding young man with his head screwed on straight. He was doing all the right things for someone in his position.

http://www.baltimore...0319-story.html

#25 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,094 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 12:15 PM

It's not a Darwinism, its a choice. The state of Florida gives you choice as to wear a helmet or not. With that said, helmet or not he wouldn't have survived

I watched a video yrs ago.  Down in the amazon a baby egret was being reckless and getting to far from the nest.  It fell in the water and the piranha ate it.  The video went on to say how that bird could no go on and pass genes along to a new generation so now the egrets would be more naturally cautious.  That is Darwinism.  That bird like Tray made a reckless decision and now can't pass on its genes.

k2-_2564f5e3-aa08-456b-81e9-b7cffd9b394d

Fako, Joe Fako I am the Pick Machine!!!

#26 cravnravn

cravnravn

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,942 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 12:28 PM

Wow, claiming a circle of life incident to a bad choice is not what I'd call Darwinism..

#27 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,094 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 12:31 PM

Both made bad choices and died bc of them.  

k2-_2564f5e3-aa08-456b-81e9-b7cffd9b394d

Fako, Joe Fako I am the Pick Machine!!!

#28 cravnravn

cravnravn

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,942 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 12:35 PM

Difference being the baby egret didn't know what he was doing, on the other hand we had a 23 year old man, that made a bad choice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users