ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Darron Lee OSU

tsylvester

With the loss of an aging Smith and a very slow to develop, Mosley and the other inside backers, Lee would be a great addition to a position in great need of improvement. He is fast, quick, excells in coverage whether it be man or zone. He has excellent instincts for sniffing out plays.

He does need some on the job training and 6 is or might be a few spots too high for him. Rankings have him in the 10-20 spots. But trading back might not be an option if he is the target, several teams need his services.

He could be worth the risk at 6 if he reaches his potential which is much higher than Mosley's. With the way the Ravens can coach up backers, he could very well be the true replacement for Ray....

I also had my eye on Lee, in this scenario, we trade back to #15 with the Rams, the Rams might want to jump ahead on the niners if they think the niners will draft a QB and only one has been taken in the first 5 picks. I agree 100% with your assessment of Lee and if Ramsey, Bosa and Jack are all gone, then Lee at 15 is great value and we would also get the Rams two 2nd round picks.

I also had my eye on Lee, in this scenario, we trade back to #15 with the Rams, the Rams might want to jump ahead on the niners if they think the niners will draft a QB and only one has been taken in the first 5 picks. I agree 100% with your assessment of Lee and if Ramsey, Bosa and Jack are all gone, then Lee at 15 is great value and we would also get the Rams two 2nd round picks.

I would trade back if Ramsey and Buckner are gone. I don't think Bosa is 1) a good fit for this team 2) is going to play at a level worthy of a high first pick.

It is very likely those two will be gone, not sure about 15, the Giants need a line backer in the middle as well, so they might snatch him up at their pick.

I don't think DL is a need right now, Jernigan, Williams and Davis is a nice nucleus and we have players that are in the rotation. I wouldn't mine if we took Lee at #6, because he might not last until#15 so we would be taking a chance if Lee is the target and we moved to #15. I really do not like Mosley in coverage whether it's Man or zone so this move is fine with me if it gets Mosley off the field on obvious passing downs.

Just curious how Mosely is developing slowly? I think he has been pretty damned good. Also I like some of the depth they have had in the middle. I would not draft that position so high.

Aside from his blitzing, Mosely has continued to try and slip blocks, thereby being out of position often, missing tackles or being late on tackles.

He still cannot cover man to man, gets lost in zone coverage, and usually does not get proper depth on his drops.

Depth at the middle position is frankly not there. Brown, McClellen, and the likes have not panned out though they seem to be confident in McClellan.

For Lee I would take him at 10 or a little lower, he is that much better than the next player at his position, and is ready to start, make a difference pretty mu h out of the gate. He is a play maker.

I was thinking Orr.

Orr is not a true inside backer, he is more of the weak side outside backer. While he has improved quite well over the past couple of years, and covers well, has good speed, he doesn't have the ceiling that Lee has, who is a true inside backer.

30 freekin teams showed up to Ramsey's pro day at FSU. Uggggh. Think we might have to move up a spot to have a shot at him.

They won't move up in this draft, even two spots would cost them more than they need to spend on him. Great player, but they need a great player at other positions too...

I would rather have a stud CB than a safety.

but the Ravens have neither and the only "stud" corner will likely be gone at 6, & 6 is too high for Hargraves. There is some good talent at corner later in the draft, they just need the coaching, which the Ravens now have, and time.

Ts, how does Lee compare to Jack? To me, it seems like both guys are Will's in our defense. I think we both agree that Mosley struggles as a Mike because of his unwillingness to take on blockers. Do you think Lee would be a better pair for Mosley than Jack?

Ts, how does Lee compare to Jack? To me, it seems like both guys are Will's in our defense. I think we both agree that Mosley struggles as a Mike because of his unwillingness to take on blockers. Do you think Lee would be a better pair for Mosley than Jack?

Jack is a flat out stud. He is a great wil, reads the plays quickly, nasty hitter, cover skills, mauls would-be blockers.

I do believe he can play in both the 3-4 and 4-3 or any morphing defense.

If the Ravens had a shot at him at 6, that would be the steal of the draft. Yes, he would be a great fit for this team

Both he and Lee are great leaders and either would work well with Mosley, though I think Lee would be a better mik so maybe they could move Mosley over to the wil.

The Chargers are thinking of taking him at 3 and making him, Jack, a strong safety...

Wow. After Shaq Thompson (and Thomas Davis years before) it seemed the trend was SS-to-LB. That would be a bold move for the Chargers.

The way things are playing out looks like the Ravens will get one of Bosa, Buckner or Jack.

I like Jack a lot as well. He would be hard to pass.

And actually I would put the value at shoring up th eOL. Joe wa sbeing obliterated back there.

Can't disagree there. If Monroe can stay healthy they can skip drafting a high caliber LT this year. I'm sure Oz, da Costa, etc., have talked with the doctors about Monroe.