ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

2016 Draft

oldno82

Saw this article that details all the Ravens' draft picks. We have three picks in the first 70 players taken. We also have four fourth round picks. If the Oz is still doing his magic, that's a lot of ammunition.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/2016-NFL-Draft-Order-Finalized/cd973335-97b7-439a-9404-072907534dcf

Also read today that we now have no players on our team from the 2012 draft with KO and Upshaw moving on.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bases are loaded and Ozzies at bat; it's time for Ozzie to hit one out this draft. We need some good young talent at multiple positions. Can't wait for this draft !

I can't wait to see Perryman on opening day after a very productive training camp and explosion pre season. :gorave:

If this Kap to Broncos trade happens Things could get very interesting in the war room. Everyone will know the 49ers are taking a qb at #7 and have to jump ahead of them to get their guy. Ozzie will have the phone close. Eagles at 8? What would they give to jump two spots? Rams, Jets? Thats a bigger jump, maybe a 2nd or a 3rd and a 4th?

Just a fun question for everybody:

Who would you LIKE to see the Ravens draft in the first round...

I'm kinda leaning toward Myles Jack if he's available. Not excited about Buckner.

If I had the number one pick I'd go with Ramsey.

Buckner here. Stuffs the run, knock down the pass, rush the edge, set the edge, bull rush the center, plug him in anywhere you want on the line.

I agree. Buckner fits the defense better, while they don't currently need another big body, Brandon Williams may walk next year and Buckner can play anywhere along the line. He can also get after the passer. Jack would be great, but not likely to be there.

If I had my druthers, they would trade back to 15 or so, get an extra 3rd plus, and draft Lee in the first.

I'm at a complete loss on who they take at 6 or draft back. Just saying here, but this Ezekiel Elliott guy looks like he can completely change an offense. He would put pressure on teams secondary's and LB's in worrying about the run. Another words, a game changer. He's also a very physical blocker. Joe would love this guy.

Buckner here. Stuffs the run, knock down the pass, rush the edge, set the edge, bull rush the center, plug him in anywhere you want on the line.

Didn't know he could be an edge rusher and edge setter. Thought he was another DT only. If he's that versatile that makes him a more interesting option.

The NFL officially lists the Baltimore Ravens with one first-round pick in the 2016 draft. The Ravens would respectfully disagree.

Baltimore expects to find an impact player at the No. 6 overall pick, land a first-round talent with the No. 36 selection and gain another first-rounder with the return of wide receiver Breshad Perriman, who didn't play a down for the Ravens last season. "We're taking the approach that we have have three first-round picks," assistant general manager Eric DeCosta said.........http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/201167/ravens-believe-they-have-three-first-round-picks-this-year

They can't lose. This years draft will be a huge haul for the Ravens.

One way or the other what Oz and Eric do in the first four rounds will determine just where this team is going to be for the long haul. It's One of the most important drafts in Ravens' history.

Yes, all most as important as the 96 draft.

I do think there is excellent talent in the first 3 even four rounds. If they can get Buckner and Joseph (safety from WVA) that will set this defense up for a long time. They can find very good offensive line talent that just needs coaching and a little time in the 3rd & 4th rounds. Take a flyer on a wide out in the 4th (2 picks) like a Pharoh Cooper (SC), Sterling Sheppard (Ok), or Geronimo Allison (IU), Kolby Listenbee (TCU)

I also wonder where Keyarris Garrett (Tulsa) or Mike Thomas (Southern Miss) will go.

Thomas likely wont got before the fifth, maybe even thr 6th. If not for who his uncle is, he might not get drafted. Slow, not quick, can't run routes properly especially against press coverage and for some one so big, he has a small catch radius.

Garret, I would be surprised if he gets drafted. There are so many better options out there, but given his connections to the NFL, I am sure he will get a chance.

The more I think about this draft, the more I scenarios I see. I can make a case for all the top 10 pickup except QB's to get drafted by us. Elliot, Buckner, Jack, Stanley, Bosa, Ramsey. I think we are getting a good player no matter who we take here.

Yes indeed. But, hopefully, he won't be another Brasheed Perriman.

Rams trade for the #1 presumably to take a QB. Assuming the Rams and Browns take a QB, Laremy Tunsil could drop to the Ravens if the Chargers pass on him. We couldn't pass on him.

what a reach the Ram's have made, there's only 6 players worth a dam in this draft. this a classic Leaveland move.