ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

2016 Draft

oldno82

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The information on the draft this year is especially suspect. I have read numerous reports that the ND tackle excels at pass protection and needs to improve his run blocking.

It is all on which games THEY watch. He gets low and has good lower leg drive allowing him to move defenders off the line of scrimmage.

Pass blocking, however, he gets lazy with his feet and isn't the best with his hands placement at times.

He can be bull rushed and the quick guys sis have success getting around the edge on him.

I dont think he is a left tackle, maybe a good back up there, but he will be better suited at right tackle or even guard.

Does that sound like a first round, early, draft pick? They can find a player like that with more potential in 2nd, 3rd even early 4th round.

Even in a 4-3 Bosa just doesnt fit. He isnt strong enough to hold the edge and his quickness\speed is questionable in pass rush.

They have always tried to scheme to their strength. If they had more defensive linemen who could play, they used more 4-3. When they had 4 good backers, they moved to the 3-4.

Lately, because they had neither, they turned into a morphing defesen morw often, even running a 5-2 at times.

Tunsil, on a side note, is not a road grader in the running game. His skill is getting to the second level, turning guys in zone blocking.

Maybe they do trade back and take the ND tackle who excells in run blocking but needs coaching and experience in pass set... This should be fun.

Well you know who would be a PERFECT 4-3 weak-side OLB... 😁

I think the Bosa talk for the Ravens is smoke, but the 4-3 talk makes sense. Moving to a 4-3 would allow us to grab one-dimensional pass rusher later in the draft who could contribute immediately without having to worry about pass coverage responsibilities as in a 3-4. Brent Urban and ZaDarius Smith can be run stopping DEs.

Well you know who would be a PERFECT 4-3 weak-side OLB... 😁

I think the Bosa talk for the Ravens is smoke, but the 4-3 talk makes sense. Moving to a 4-3 would allow us to grab one-dimensional pass rusher later in the draft who could contribute immediately without having to worry about pass coverage responsibilities as in a 3-4. Brent Urban and ZaDarius Smith can be run stopping DEs.

😜

What do you think of Scoobie Wright in the 3rd or 4th if he is there. He has the smarts and instict to be a great mike....

I was watching NFL Net and they made it sound like the Ravens traded back to 15. I am not seeing it anywhere else. Is this BS or what?

Here's trading back rumors and scenarios....

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/sports/ravens/bal-sitting-pretty-at-six-the-ravens-could-still-be-enticed-to-move-back-20160427-story.html

Seems, according to Jack, his knee issues are real, degenerative and he "might" need microfracture surgery some where down the line..... As great a talent as he is, I hope the Ravens pass on him if he is there at 6. That surgery, would it be needed, would end his career.

As some one who has a degenerative issue, it causes all types of issues, especially whwn you least expect it..

😜

What do you think of Scoobie Wright in the 3rd or 4th if he is there. He has the smarts and instict to be a great mike....

I don't get to watch much Pac 12 football, but from the scouting reports it appears he's a true Mike. I'm not sure if we'd be interested given we've already told Mosley he's the Mike. If we move to a 4-3 we'd need some athletic run and hit guys to play OLB (like Jack). If we stay in a 3-4, Wright would be a great fit at Mike allowing Mosley to stay at Will.

nerd.jpg"This could happen....

BALTIMORE RAVENS: LAREMY TUNSIL, OT, OLE MISS
The Ravens get their long-term left tackle and land the best player in the 2016 NFL Draft. This is absolute theft for Baltimore to land Tunsil with the sixth pick.
In 2015, Tunsil demonstrated his phenomenal quickness, athleticism and abilities to bend and mirror. He has a ton of natural talent to be a blind-side protector. Tunsil was dominant in 2014 and arguably the best left tackle in the nation. Not only can he shut down pass-rushers, he gets movement in the ground game.
After being suspended for seven games to start 2015, Tunsil returned to the field impressively for Ole Miss against Texas A&M and speed rusher Myles Garrett. Tunsil had some issues with Auburn's Carl Lawson in his second game, but still was solid. He was excellent against LSU and finished the year in fine fashion.
Tunsil (6-5, 310) was one of the top recruits in the nation coming out of high school. As a freshman, he validated the hype when he broke into the starting lineup and became an All-SEC Second-Team selection by the AP. The conference's coaches had him as an All-Freshman performer, and he was also named a Freshman All-American according to many media outlets...http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/2016-nfl-mock-draft-the-first-round/ss-BBsl9QU?li=BBnb7Kz#image=6

Tunsil is my pick if he is there at #6. Flacco is locked up for 6 years @ 20 million per. You protect that investment. Damn the sexiness of the pick without Flacco this team is garbage.

However, if Tennessee wants to jump back to 6 and give us that 15th and their 2nd round 33rd overall. I'd do that deal in a heartbeat. We would have 15, 33, 36 overall... man I'd be doing cartwheels.

OVERVIEW

Stanley had a chance to leave for the National Football League after his third year in South Bend, but decided to return after watching Ohio State win the national championship in January of 2015. He wanted to be part of a national championship contender. Although that didn’t quite happen (Notre Dame lost games to conference champions Clemson and Stanford, each by two points before losing to Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl), Stanley didn't hurt his draft stock with a 2015 second-team All-American season at left tackle. NFL scouts had hoped he would come out the year before, as he looked like a future pro while starting all 13 games at left tackle as the Irish's Offensive Lineman of the Year in 2014. Stanley started every game at the right tackle as a redshirt freshman (he played two early season games as a reserve in 2012), showing great promise. A durable, intelligent player with experience at both tackle spots, Stanley will be a coveted prospect.

PRO DAY RESULTS

Short shuttle: 4.68 seconds

3-cone: 7.96 seconds

Bench: 24 reps of 225 pounds

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS

Races out of the starting blocks and into pass sets as well as anyone in the country. Has long arms and knows how to use them. Plays with quick hands and a well-­timed punch. Never panics when he loses hand placement, simply re­sets them. Specializes in quick­ sets getting his hands into the pass rusher first helping him to control the flow of the snap. Well­-coached with great hand placement. Wins with activity over power. Is not often beaten around the edge by speed. Hard worker who plays through the whistle. Flexible and athletic with plus change of direction ability against counter moves. Has quickness off the snap to get to challenging backside blocks on linebackers. Able to pull into space and hit moving targets to spring the big run. Fell off of too many blocks in 2014, but did much better job of bringing his feet under him this year to help him sustain his blocks. In run game, able to gain late victories when it looks like stalemate is coming. Durable and dependable.

WEAKNESSES

In need of more functional, core power. Has to hang on for a ride when engaging against a physical defender who plays with leverage. Will need to win with feet and technique. Doesn't have upper body strength to maul when his rep gets off track. Has athleticism to recover when he's beaten, but is just average at redirecting his man off-­course once defender gets the advantage. Is more quick that explosive. Gives ground to bull rushers when his feet aren't set at punch. Balance is average.

NFL COMPARISON

Lane Johnson

BOTTOM LINE

Three-year starter with the outstanding foot quickness and pass protection talent expected from an early round left tackle prospect. Stanley showed great maturity in acknowledging his weaknesses and returning to school to work on them and improve his game. While Stanley's core power is still a concern, he showed improved strength and run blocking prowess this year and should be ready to come in and start right away for a team looking to protect a high-­end quarterback.http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-draft/Round-1-Ravens-Draft-Tackle-Ronnie-Stanley-At-No-6/54d78c29-1ca8-4daf-8415-b7400d6d7f8f

Seems, according to Jack, his knee issues are real, degenerative and he "might" need microfracture surgery some where down the line..... As great a talent as he is, I hope the Ravens pass on him if he is there at 6. That surgery, would it be needed, would end his career.

As some one who has a degenerative issue, it causes all types of issues, especially whwn you least expect it..

example- Perriman