• Please log in to reply
449 replies to this topic

#21 vmax

vmax

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,727 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 11:01 AM

Fun game to watch last night. The team looked impressive.

This season could go this way....

If the ball flew any more than it did Friday, they'd need to change the cursive blue writing on it from Rawlings to Boeing. :cop:  If the Orioles can launch four bombs off a stud like Archer with the mercury falling toward freezing, despite missing two former Silver Slugger winners, there’s no telling what kind of damage they’ll be able to inflict on the rest of the league as summer approaches....http://espn.go.com/b...-rest-of-league

“It’s awesome,” Ricard said after Thursday night’s 33-7 preseason victory over the Los Angeles Rams. “Touchdowns, sacks, all that, it’s just great. That’s just playing football, and that’s what I love to do. Any of those, I’m happy with.”

#22 cravnravn

cravnravn

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,942 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 06:11 PM

Delayed because of what? Checks calendar, smears spf50 on again

#23 dc.

dc.

Don't Really Give A...

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 07:34 AM

Delayed because of what? Checks calendar, smears spf50 on again

Yeah, but you have to live in Florida. With other Florida people too.
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster too. And when you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares also into you.

#24 vmax

vmax

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,727 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 01:35 PM

Nice slide by Alverez. Manny stays hot.

4-0 O's!

“It’s awesome,” Ricard said after Thursday night’s 33-7 preseason victory over the Los Angeles Rams. “Touchdowns, sacks, all that, it’s just great. That’s just playing football, and that’s what I love to do. Any of those, I’m happy with.”

#25 Spen

Spen

Pro Bowler

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 04:02 PM

Fun start to the season.
Hi.

#26 thundercleetz

thundercleetz

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,992 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 06:48 PM

Was at the game today: Manny is on fire. He smoked each one of his hits today. Also, the kids has filled out. He is enormous, huge lower body. With his swing, that is going to equate to monster power. Hasn't lost a step on defense either. Made a slow roller to throw out Longoria look easy. Hardy also made a strong throw from deep in the hole.

Trumbo looks good in RF. Much more athletic than people give him credit for. Misplayed a ball off the wall, but made a few tough plays in the game. He's very comfortable at the plate too. Beating the shift, working counts, putting the ball into play. The home runs will come.

Alvarez looked like he was going to die as he rounded third scoring from first. He got a good jump and it looked like he'd score easily, but he ran out of gas and made it close. He's a little heavy looking to me, but still made the play with a smart slide!

No walks today for the lineup, but the team is certainly working the count. Lots of three ball counts. Lineup has solid synergy.

#27 dc.

dc.

Don't Really Give A...

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:48 PM

You forgot: 5-0.
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster too. And when you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares also into you.

#28 vmax

vmax

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,727 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 04:14 AM

Baltimore's starting rotation was supposed to be the team's weakest link, but the group is a collective 3-0 with a 2.28 ERA.

"They gave us a chance to win, all five games," manager Buck Showalter said. "If we do that we'll have some fun this summer."

They are hitting a pitching well.

Yup...5-0!

#29 vmax

vmax

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,727 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 04:15 PM

Davis!  :bow:

2 out in 9th...tie game and he crushes one deep into center field with 2 men on.

9-6!

i think I got too excited about the pitching. They hadn't faced a serious hitting lineup.

#30 vmax

vmax

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,727 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 04:23 PM

Great...Britton trying to give it away.

#31 thundercleetz

thundercleetz

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,992 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 04:39 PM

Crush absolutely murdered that HR.

#32 vmax

vmax

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,727 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 04:49 PM

Crush absolutely murdered that HR.

97 mph fastball.

#33 dc.

dc.

Don't Really Give A...

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 06:25 PM

They're saying 449 feet. Longest off Kimbrel in his career and first ever three run hr he's given up. Welcome to the AL East.

Pitching will struggle for us, but the bats will always make it interesting... Or better than interesting.

#34 dc.

dc.

Don't Really Give A...

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 08:13 PM

That Davis bomb... And now that Trumbo bomb tonight. Off the top of the billboard in left center on the monster?? It.

#35 Spen

Spen

Pro Bowler

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 10:07 PM

Things might have been different if Boston can catch a foul pop-up but they didn't. :)
Hi.

#36 varaven45

varaven45

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 11:30 PM

That Davis bomb... And now that Trumbo bomb tonight. Off the top of the billboard in left center on the monster?? It.

Wouldn't that be called a "Trumbomb" ?

#37 cravnravn

cravnravn

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,942 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 03:50 AM

pretty freekin amazing way to start the season

#38 vmax

vmax

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,727 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 04:02 AM

Really nice to wake up this morning to this news.

Just saying...yesterday I heard 2 out of the last 3 teams to start the season 6-0 went on to the World Series.

O's 7-0. :)

#39 GrubberRaven

GrubberRaven

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts
  • Interests:My Family, Ravens, Orioles, Exercise/Biking, and the stage...

Posted 13 April 2016 - 06:51 AM

We.
Do.
Not.

Have.

THE PITCHING.

#40 thundercleetz

thundercleetz

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,992 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:13 AM

We.
Do.
Not.
Have.
THE PITCHING.

Starting pitching, you mean. We've got studs in the bullpen!

Hopefully we get Gausman back soon. Also, at the rate things are going, I bet Bundy gets a chance to start sooner rather than later.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users