ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Luck signs new deal

tsylvester

But it doesn't help them win.

It is easier to try it with a great/very good quarterback than to try and build 11 guys on defense who will make the list for greatest of all time.

The NFL is changing & not for the good. Average teams are winning the Super Bowl, yes I include the Ravens in that when they won it all a few years ago.

Today, you don't need a complete team to win it all, just health, discipline, and get hot at the right time.

Even the Colts won it with Peyton, we saw this, their defense stunk during the season, but they got hot as a group at the right time beating mediocre teams.

How long before greedy Joe wants more than Luck? he is already not that far behind him anyway in terms of there contracts. Anytime someone other than Joe gets paid more than they deserve you people come on here and use winning a superbowl as the only basis for a QB getting a great contract. And you have to because thats the only thing you Joe Jock Riders can stand on. "Joe deserves the money because the ravens won the superbowl in 2012" as if there weren't 52 other players on that team, Joe did not win that superbowl by himself and if you think he did , why hasn't he one but one playoff game since. And if Luck getting this contract is really that bad of a move then you should be happy, that they don't know what there are doing.

How long before greedy Joe wants more than Luck? he is already not that far behind him anyway in terms of there contracts. Anytime someone other than Joe gets paid more than they deserve you people come on here and use winning a superbowl as the only basis for a QB getting a great contract. And you have to because thats the only thing you Joe Jock Riders can stand on. "Joe deserves the money because the ravens won the superbowl in 2012" as if there weren't 52 other players on that team, Joe did not win that superbowl by himself and if you think he did , why hasn't he one but one playoff game since. And if Luck getting this contract is really that bad of a move then you should be happy, that they don't know what there are doing.

Sure, bang on Joe, AGAIN. Me, I said the same thing qhen Joe signed the deal as I did in the 1st post in this thread.

No one knows what Joe will do money wise in a few years. Maybe he does what Manning and Brady did and take less to help the team. Maybe not, who knows....

We do know these contracts are escalating higher than the percentage of the cap is each year and the league needs to address this in some way.'

Anytime you people want to talk about a team giving a player too much money , i'm going to bring up Joe. Those living in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Go ahead. It brings back the memories!

Super-Bowl-2013-Ravens-Quarterback.jpg

ESPN just ranked Joe's Super Bowl run the greatest ever....above Montana.

Now...how long has it been since Ben won a Super Bowl?

Long time, yet he is earning only slightly less than Joe....very close $ wise.

In terms of guaranteed money, Flacco's $62 million drops to No. 6 behind Luck ($87 million), Eli Manning ($65 million), Philip Rivers ($65 million), Ben Roethlisberger ($64 million) and Fletcher Cox ($63.3 million). Of those players, only Flacco has won a Super Bowl over the past four seasons while Cox is the only non-quarterback. Flacco's 85 wins (including playoffs) rank fourth among starting quarterbacks since he entered the league in 2008....http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/28347/joe-flaccos-fortuitous-run-as-nfls-highest-paid-player-ended-by-andrew-luck

I'm bringing this up because you pay guys like Ben and Joe big money because they helped you get to and win a Super Bowl. Then you try to build another Super Bowl team around them again. You have a much better chance with winning playoff savvy veteran QB's.

Joe is a solid proven commodity. They call him January Joe for a reason; his exceptional amount of post season wins. So he was the highest paid for 119 days. Big deal.

Since getting his money Joe has won one playoff game, at least Ben has gotten his team to 3 Superbowls and has won 2 of them , Joe has been in 1. The Baltimore Ravens are my guys, but the last thing i'm going to do is get on another team for overpaying a QB, that would be the pot calling the kettle black. It looks like to me that Joe was riding the coat tails of a Ray Lewis Ed Reed led team, because he has done jack squat since they left except beat a Steelers team in the playoffs that was without Bell. Then the very next week throws an awful int in the endzone on what should have been the game winning drive.

ESPN can rank Flaccos run ahead of Montanas all they want. Flacco had a great run , i'm not disputing that, but Montana, when it was all said and done had 4 superbowl wins, so bringing up a single season playoff run is being a little disingenuous in terms of comparing the two. Are you saying that Flacco is in the same conversation as Montana regarding greatness? I don't think you are, you're bringing up the playoff run as a reason to overpay him, which was my original statement , you have to bring up those 4 games because thats your only argument for paying Joe all that money. I get it. Just don't comment on another team overpaying there franchise QB

Since getting his money Joe has won one playoff game, at least Ben has gotten his team to 3 Superbowls and has won 2 of them , Joe has been in 1. The Baltimore Ravens are my guys, but the last thing i'm going to do is get on another team for overpaying a QB, that would be the pot calling the kettle black. It looks like to me that Joe was riding the coat tails of a Ray Lewis Ed Reed led team, because he has done jack squat since they left except beat a Steelers team in the playoffs that was without Bell. Then the very next week throws an awful int in the endzone on what should have been the game winning drive.

What has Ben done since he got his money?

Not much if you're talking about winning playoff games and Championships.

You give Ben excuses. You say..."because he has done jack squat since they left except beat a Steelers team in the playoffs that was without Bell."

What has Joe had to work with since Boldin and Smith left?

Look....we all know it's a team sport. You win as a team. You lose as a team. Yet you say "at least Ben has gotten his team to 3 Superbowls and has won 2 of them." we both....most fans...the media keep referring to QB's as winning games. We know better. If they execute their role well it certainly helps the teams chances of winning. On the flip side, poor QB performance and decision making will doom any team.

What I'm saying is have a QB like Ben or Joe greatly increases a teams odds at winning in the playoffs and taking that elusive SB trophy. So you pay them. Or be the Browns.

As for Ben....he lost in 1 Super Bowl and the other win left him ranked in the top worst QB performances by winning QB's in Super Bowl history. Hopefully he thanked his team mates for the ring.

Despite only playing in 12 games in his 2005 Super Bowl season, Big Ben still found a way to help lead the Steelers to their fifth franchise title.

But Ben benefitted from a Steelers defense that was ranked third in the league in 2005 and that defense flexed its muscles in Super Bowl XL.

You know who didn’t flex their muscles in the big game? Big Ben himself.

After throwing for just 2,385 yards with 17 touchdowns during the regular season, Roethlisberger threw for just 123 yards with two interceptions against the Seahawks in Super Bowl XL. Former wide receiver Antwaan Randle El had the lone touchdown pass for Pittsburgh on the day, throwing a 43 yard bomb to Hines Ward in the fourth quarter........http://fansided.com/2015/01/28/10-worst-quarterbacks-win-super-bowl/3/

Oh...and nowhere did I bitch about what Luck is getting paid.

Pay the man what the market dictates. The Colts have no playoff or championship dreams or goals without him. They would be worse than the Browns.

I'm kind of liking this. At least we are talking football during the long dry spell before camp.