ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Will Ravens make Playoffs?

vmax

• 3 weeks later...

AFC NORTH

Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4): Even if they only have reportedly suspended RB Le'Veon Bell on the field for 12 games, this offense is capable of dropping 40 points on anyone, assuming it can finally avoid crippling injuries. And if a turnover-generating defense improves marginally against the pass, this may be the year to build a stairway to (Lombardi Trophy) seven.

Cincinnati Bengals (11-5): Little reason to believe they won't reach the playoffs for the sixth consecutive year, especially if a healthy Andy Dalton continues to progress. But will they finally get that long awaited postseason breakthrough for coach Marvin Lewis?

Baltimore Ravens (9-7): They've only missed the playoffs twice in eight years under John Harbaugh, so it stands to reason they'll be back in the hunt a year after losing 20 players to injured reserve. But December will be pivotal with the Ravens facing the Patriots, Steelers and Bengals on the road to end the season.

Cleveland Browns (1-15): It will be a while before the analytics bear fruit, and this year's crop does not look promising....http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/07/27/record-projections-super-bowl-li-2016-steelers-cardinals/87509780/

nfl_u_ravens12_576.jpg

Frankly, I'd be delighted with a 9-7 record, playoffs or not. That would be a big step up from last year and they'll be playoff-ready in 2017. The last 4 games will be crucial and that's where I see the Ravens going down this year.

12. Baltimore Ravens

2015 record: 5-11

Post-draft ranking: No. 14

The Ravens won five games in 2007 and followed that with an 11-5 season. The Ravens won six games in 2005 and followed that with a 13-3 season. The Ravens don't stay down for long, so expect a big bounce back following their 5-11 2015 season....http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17319873/nfl-2016-preseason-power-rankings-seattle-seahawks-arizona-cardinals-top-new-england-patriots-behind

I want to see at least 9-7. A winning season.

That's how you start on your way back up from the bottom.

Then you build from there.

12-4 AND WIN THE DIVISION. Just play like a Raven and watch what happens, especially those last four vs. queen Brady, the Steelers who are intimidated by us, and then off to Cinci where we beat then in their own backyards. Ravens ain;t afraid of nobody. Nobody!

You guys are looking at it the wrong way.

Don't put to much into Schedule, look at the Roster.

There is no way anyone can tell you that this team will do that or this off of last season. Even if healthy, you can't say the Ravens were a playoff team, well one of you might think they can. :)

Seems our Ravens are very well at RBs and TEs but who are the WRs?

Ya gota love Sr. Out there knocking heads at his age BUT and it is true, at his age coming back from what he is coming back from playing WR is asking a lot from an old dude. And whats with the guy with the glass knee? Wasted pick. Haven't seen anything from Mike Wallace since he left the Steelers. Watching the game and wonder if he is really on this team.

All I see at this time is a dink and dunk team hoping for a big play.

QB coming back from a knee not an easy thing in his head to do, and on top of it there is a rook over there on the line, scary. Keep in mind JO played inside starting out.

How many RBs and TEs will the Ravens keep?

And what is offensive scheme?

Good to hear from you rm52 :gorave:

My Ravens fan brain is dropping back in time to the '99 and 2000 seasons. I'm in that "I'm from Missouri" place.

Let's be a .500 team first. Then beat teams in our division...teams in our conference.... Then beat teams with winning records....see if they can find ways to win....and then we'll see.

It all starts with the Bills.

Stanley will have his big test Saturday night against Ansah and his 14.5 sacks last year. :scared:

I will have to face reality and admit you guys know what you talk about. I know I am overly optimistic, but I've bled purple from day one in 1996. After watching the tape from the game last week, I have to rethink my argument that we are very strong at running back. I'm starting to think that Justin Forsett is a one year wonder, while West has talent, but makes poor decisions. I believe that Dixon will become the starting RB by the 6th game. Wide receiver? No, it just ain't there. On defense, we have some problems, but are correctable. Closer to 8-8 than 12-4. But, they are my team, always will be.

Historically, when the Ravens win the 3rd preseason game, they make the playoffs.

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- There's a reason the third preseason game is called the "dress rehearsal" for NFL teams.

Starters and other key players usually take the field for at least two quarters -- often times, playing into the third -- it is the one game that's truly indicative of how a team is going to perform throughout the course of the coming season, as opposed to a squad's total preseason record.

The Ravens, heartened by a roster that is gradually getting healthy, know this all too well as they prepare for this year's third preseason game against the Detroit Lions Aug. 27, because this formula has held true much more often than not during the years.

Baltimore is 11-9 in preseason Week Three, which almost mirrors the fact that it has made 10 playoff appearances in its first 20 seasons.

The pattern established itself early....https://www.pressboxonline.com/2016/08/24/preseason-week-three-a-true-barometer-for-ravens

rm52 said look at the roster. I'm looking. There is lightning in a bottle...but......prove it.

Kevin Byrne on purple kool aid....

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Byrne-Identity-Im-Just-Sayin--I-Like-The-Vibe-Around-The-Ravens/e1891101-2c3d-4197-ae3b-d1f1b2d71fd3