ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Butler cut

cravnravn

tells you what he thought about the ravens, he refused to be assigned to our practice squad, so we released him, signs with Tampa's practice squad.

They have to be released and clear waivers before they can be signed to the practice squad.

He likely feela he has a better chance to play on Tampa rather than here... Frankly, he might be right. Even when Smith sr, or if, he gets hurt again, Butler would be behind several other players.

They have to be released and clear waivers before they can be signed to the practice squad.

He likely feela he has a better chance to play on Tampa rather than here... Frankly, he might be right. Even when Smith sr, or if, he gets hurt again, Butler would be behind several other players.

disagree, he was our leading receiver thru preseason,

if he's a good wr then so be it, who made the rule you had to star at a position and special teams?.. he was a dam good wr

He was an up & coming receiver, nothing more at this point. Since he ws not in the top 2 or 3 at his position, what means he has to be able to make up for his roster spot; special teams.

So far, all he has done is take full advantage of beating guys who will likely not be starters at best, flipping burgers at worst. When he has played over the past 2 years, in the regular season, he rarely got separation, struggled with running his routes properly, and did drop some key passes. Yes, he has shown flashes, but that is all they are at this point.

The team can still sign him off of the Bucs' practice squad if they want, but who does he replace on this roster? What other position, that most likely only has one maybe 2 back ups, are you going to pillage? This team is not good enough to carry 7 wide outs.

So much for their first reasoning being special teams contribution... Now Harbs says it was to make room for Hester... Sorry, if that is the real reason they are not very bright and would explain why they can't even get video reviews right...

Were this a legit super bowl contender, I could understand their need for a "premiere" return man.

But an often injured, bad wheel, aging vet who can only contribute on special teams over this hard working young receiver? No chance...

The latest in a long line of undrafted WRs that Ravens' fans fell in love with. Butler (like all the others) will never amount to anything in this league. He's simply not good enough.

Hester over Butler makes complete sense.

True, they never have and I am not saying he will be the first.But looking at the improvements he made since he has been here, how hard he works and his skill set, one could see (and Harbs agrees) he could easily be the first.

As I said a few posts up, I understood if this was over him not be a special teams player, and they needed the roster spot. However, they signed a special teams player who can't play receiver...

True, they never have and I am not saying he will be the first.But looking at the improvements he made since he has been here, how hard he works and his skill set, one could see (and Harbs agrees) he could easily be the first.

As I said a few posts up, I understood if this was over him not be a special teams player, and they needed the roster spot. However, they signed a special teams player who can't play receiver...

We have other WRs. Butler would never see the field. We literally had nobody who could return kicks. Hell...if Butler could do it, he would still have a job with the Ravens.

Well, there is no guarantee Smith Sr stays healthy, nor Perriman for that matter. 😜

Ts, I completely agree with you that it was the wrong move to add Hester over Butler, but as you also said, it's not as if anyone else added Butler to their 53 man roster. If SSS or Perriman get hurt we can sign Butler immediately.

IMO good move by Butler going to a different practice squad, get some diversified experience from a different coaching unit, make yourself better that way. If we ever get him back he'll probably be an even better player. We've lost UFA's before and signed them back.

TC, the bad part for me on this issue, Ozzie could have perhaps should have drafted Sterling Sheppard instead of Reynolds, then the would have had their slot receiver and punt\kick returner.....

Absolutely agree, I know you and I were hoping the Ravens would draft a polished receiver with slot and return ability like Shepard or Pharrow Cooper.