ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens - Jags Prediction

varaven45

Tough score to call. We are 2-0 against arguably 2 of the worst teams in the AFC; haven't played well on either side of the ball. ST play has been outstanding.

Uneven offense and defensive play thus far.

Jags are desperate; have underachieved/underperformed, and cannot afford to drop further behind in AFCS. And they are at home. Bortles and his WR corps are way overdue.

Conventional wisdom says the desperate team, playing at home, wins.

Too close to call but I'll say 23-20. Like last year, another game winning last second field goal.

Hard to tell. I honestly think the Ravens will win it. Joe telling Trestman to open things up will hopefully stop this cookie cutter offense. Joe is building a solid rapport with Wallace and I believe Pitta and him will continue to be productive. The thing scaring me will always be the secondary. I think the Jags will put up big #s so I see this being a shootout.

Ravens are still #2 in overall D, you're loony if you think Bortles is going to light us up, especially with the addition of Doom.

Who knows how effective he will bein the limited action he is likely to get. He might even take away from the defense because of a healthy, younger player sitting out. Bortles is a big strong kid, the Ravens had trouble sacking McCown, whiffing numerous times.

The Jags have some good receiver talent, not good for this porous secondary.

Add in the Ravens weak offensive line, inability to run the ball and you get a double digit loss...hope I am wrong..

This game will tell us if this 2016 Ravens Squad is better than 2015 and turning the corner toward becoming a strong NFL team.

A Ravens victory bodes well for this team's future.

A loss and maybe this is the same stumbling, bumbling "finding ways to lose" lot as 2015.

Ravens are still #2 in overall D, you're loony if you think Bortles is going to light us up, especially with the addition of Doom.

IDK Crav, every offense has generally lit up our Dean Pees D in the past couple years. Why would you expect any different tomorrow. Bortles has a cannon and cadre of good receivers.

Like Max says, we'll know a little bit more tomorrow whether our D is turning the corner.

Still finding themselves. Pitta still alive, Wallace can score and SR can still make a catch or 2. Where is the running game? Sure they can find it here but Joe can go deep on this team. I hope for an early BIG lead and let West take over the game.

Jags are last in the NFL in run d

Tough score to call. We are 2-0 against arguably 2 of the worst teams in the AFC; haven't played well on either side of the ball. ST play has been outstanding.

Uneven offense and defensive play thus far.

Jags are desperate; have underachieved/underperformed, and cannot afford to drop further behind in AFCS. And they are at home. Bortles and his WR corps are way overdue.

Conventional wisdom says the desperate team, playing at home, wins.

Too close to call but I'll say 23-20. Like last year, another game winning last second field goal.

Another W for the cardiac kids. Unbelievable W and amazingly 3-0. Still not on any of pundits radar screen - which is good. Still no running game and shaky line play.

Lots to work on but something to build on.

I thought the playcalling was much better this week. Less shotgun, more under center playaction. West got some good runs, we got some good gains. Offensive line got its ass handed to them in the fourth quarter. Holding penalties, offsides, the Jags defensive line was in our heads. Need to continue to get better up front. Improvement from weeks 1 & 2.

Man we have lots of talent at WR. Need to find ways to get these guys the ball. Perriman is a big dude. Looks like a man child out there. He had a drop (got scared!) but I'm impressed with his body control and shiftiness in and out of routes. I think he'll get much better as the season goes on.