ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Game Planning

vmax

Trestman is scaring the ish out of me this season. When Joe's been under center taking shots downfield off of play action he's been very effective. When Joe's out of the gun on first and second down the run game is worthless, the play action is useless and it appears Joe goes into automatic checkdown mode.

Stanley and Wagner struggle with deep pass protections (PFF ran an draft analysis of Stanley how he didn't have much experience pass protecting with five step drops from the QB). Having Joe get rid of the ball quickly from under center, or utilizing the play action to keep rushers on their heels help our tackles.

When Joe is constantly out of shotgun, a deep pocket is established, Stanley and Wagner are already at a disadvantage because the rushers are full tilt. Throw in a play action out of the shotgun and that's an extra half second our tackles have to block. When your QB has passed the ball 40 times there is no benefit to a shotgun play action and it is a huge burden on the offensive tackles.

All that speed and talent at WR and we went into complete turtle mode in the fourth quarter last week.

With the way Goodell is, if there was any truth or proof fines and suspensions woukd have been handed out.

So you think Goodie can get the evidence on that what a decade later? Come on be real.

I was far from shocked Cam was fired again. Les I guess didn't get a clear directive that either Cam goes or you go with him like Harbs did. Also the only time that offense had a QB was Mettenberg who was a transfer.