ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Mark Clayton

ravinmaniac52

I have been saying this all along, Clayton is not a bad receiver by any means, he is just not a primary target. He runs good routes, is a smart team player, can get open in crowded areas, is aggressive for the ball, and has excellent quickness. As we saw last night, he will take advantage of other team's weaknesses at corner. He will never be a #1 or #2 receiver, but with Boldin, Mason, Stallworth, and our group of tight-ends, Clayton should be able to give us good production out of the slot and matchups against the other team's #3 or #4 corners. He definitely has a place on this team.

I think they might be showcasing him for a potential trade. The only reason he is looking good this season is there is real competition. He is in it for the check.

Trade bait - Bingo.

Anyone see DWill catch the ball and run out of bounds for a one yard gain. There was no one around him!

I have to agree with Thunder. Clayton is an acceptable 3rd or 4th receiver---I tend to think more as a number 4. I'd rather see Stallworth in there as number 3-he's not afraid to go over the middle and he has that great speed that one receiver has to have. But, Clayton would be adequate.

He's a better option than Stallworth and he's one of the best #3 options any team can have.

Yagaddebeshiddingme, Clayton is more known for his drops than his catches, creates no seperation from the defender..Id rather D-Wil, Td Taylor as our # 4 than Clayton..Clayton was a #1 draft pick, that held out mind you, and has done nothing to justify being paid as such.

He's a better option than Stallworth and he's one of the best #3 options any team can have.

Yagaddebeshiddingme, Clayton is more known for his drops than his catches, creates no seperation from the defender..Id rather D-Wil, Td Taylor as our # 4 than Clayton..Clayton was a #1 draft pick, that held out mind you, and has done nothing to justify being paid as such.

At least that is so much bs. Clayton or Stallworth as the third WR migth change from game to game, as the true backup for Boldin who have the record of only playing 11 games each season and Mason who is aging, I am more comfortable with take Clayton.

Dwil is always on IR when you need him. And Taylor what spot did we use on him, and where is he now?

Clayton isn't going anywhere. He's quick and shifty and he'll get physical when needed. He's a better option than Stallworth and he's one of the best #3 options any team can have.

I don't see Clayton as the clear better option than Stallworth. Having both guys give us a lot of options as they are drastically different receivers. Neither guy is the clear #3 receiver in my opinion, both guys will be used in different situations.