ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Defense Wilts

vmax

It's true....

Six straight times Dak Prescott, Ezekiel Elliott and Dez Bryant drove the field against the Ravens defense that led the NFL in three-and-outs. Despite the struggles, the Ravens defense had time to redeem itself late in the fourth quarter.

After Steve Smith Sr.'s touchdown closed the deficit to 24-17, the defense had a chance to give the ball back to the offense to tie the game. Instead, Baltimore allowed Dallas to drive 72 yards on 13 plays to seal the loss.

The Ravens started off strong as Dallas went without a score in its first four drives of the game for the first time all season. But Baltimore's pass rush disappeared against Prescott (301 yards passing), showed cracks up front against Elliott (97 yards rushing) and gave no answer for Dez Bryant (80 yards receiving, two touchdowns). As a result, the Ravens allowed 417 yards, the second-worst all season....http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0592104291624296292-4

6 straight scoring drives.

That kept the O off the field as Ravens lose TOP 35:39 to 24:21.

136 yards in penalties really helped.

Mornhinweg quit on what was working in the first half.

Ravens only rush 16 times for 101 yards and lose. 6.3 ypc.

Mexico runs for 30 times for 118 yards....and wins. 3.9 ypc....about a 50/50 run pass ratio.

After they converted 1st and 30, the game was over. As usual, the one area with the most depth, ran out of gas after the 2nd quarter; the defensive line.

3 drives, 38 plays, over 15 minutes, and 17 pts. Says it all.

Add to it over 100 yards of penalties, mostly against the offense, and we see why the offense only scored 7 pts in the 2nd half.

Dan Prescott on the difference between the first half and the 2nd half.

"We figured out what they were doing. We schemed them up. Again, credit to the great coaches we have on the sideline, getting together and figuring out what we need to do. We did that, and as I said the offensive line did what they always do in wearing out the defensive line and the receivers got open and made it easier for me."

The real difference is the Prescott plays for the cowpokes; Flacco for the Ravens.

Relative to Joe's post game comments, he just needs to shut his damn pie hole, suck it up, give props to the winning team for making the damn plays, and move on.

Message to Joe: you got a 6 game season - get game, put your team on your back, and will it to victory.

The real difference is the Prescott plays for the cowpokes; Flacco for the Ravens.

Relative to Joe's post game comments, he just needs to shut his damn pie hole, suck it up, give props to the winning team for making the damn plays, and move on.

Message to Joe: you got a 6 game season - get game, put your team on your back, and will it to victory.

Sorry, Joe is right, they could have and should have won that game. The line stunk and couldn't block consistantly. The receivers cod not get open consistantly. All, per usual. We keep hearing how fast 2 of the receivers are, yet they can't get seperation deep.. Pita sucks, plain and simple. He is slow and can't block. He is the new age turn style taking the place of Harry Swayne.

Running backs are leaving yards on the field even with a piss poor line. Their routes are terrible as well.

Yes, Joe misses on throws, hurries some, but either the players need to play better or who ever choses the players that can't play average football needs to go, and go quickly.

But Joe is not the one holding all the time or false starting, or lining up off sides or committing a personal foul every game.

I never thought this team was going to be very good, but never thought this bad to watch.

During that first drive yesterday I said to myself its happening. Morningweg finally installed his full offense. They trashed the Trestman playbook and are calling plays straight from Marty's playbook. The offense had an entirely different look and feel than we had seen. The plays were fresh. Then of course they abandoned everything, but for that first drive there was hope.

Dan Prescott on the difference between the first half and the 2nd half.

"We figured out what they were doing. We schemed them up. Again, credit to the great coaches we have on the sideline, getting together and figuring out what we need to do. We did that, and as I said the offensive line did what they always do in wearing out the defensive line and the receivers got open and made it easier for me."

Gee....maybe the Ravens coaches should try to do the same thing.

During that first drive yesterday I said to myself its happening. Morningweg finally installed his full offense. They trashed the Trestman playbook and are calling plays straight from Marty's playbook. The offense had an entirely different look and feel than we had seen. The plays were fresh. Then of course they abandoned everything, but for that first drive there was hope.

I felt exactly the same way.

Great mix of run/pass. Different formations/routes. They actually broke the huddle with some pep and went to the line of scrimmage like they wanted to be there....instead of "Ok...Ok....I guess we have to run a play...is everybody ready? Wait! Wait there's still some time on the clock!"

Just watching the plays, the route combinations & concepts of other teams compared to what we see from the Ravens. is remarkably ridiculous. I almost understood it before Smith sr and Wallace got here.

But Smith is still elusive, and Wallace does have speed, those two alone should allow for more complex route combinations and specidic routes designed to get either them or another receiver open no matter the coverage.

I know the poor line play handcuffs them to some extent, but not to high school level routes. I would love to talk with Smith sr to find out what the issue is; coaches, players, both?

Sorry, Joe is right, they could have and should have won that game. The line stunk and couldn't block consistantly. The receivers cod not get open consistantly. All, per usual. We keep hearing how fast 2 of the receivers are, yet they can't get seperation deep.. Pita sucks, plain and simple. He is slow and can't block. He is the new age turn style taking the place of Harry Swayne.

Running backs are leaving yards on the field even with a piss poor line. Their routes are terrible as well.

Yes, Joe misses on throws, hurries some, but either the players need to play better or who ever choses the players that can't play average football needs to go, and go quickly.

But Joe is not the one holding all the time or false starting, or lining up off sides or committing a personal foul every game.

I never thought this team was going to be very good, but never thought this bad to watch.

If you had a single issue then yeah they could have won. The Ravens suffer from poor play all over the place.

If you had a single issue then yeah they could have won. The Ravens suffer from poor play all over the place.

Yes they do. This team always seems to run out of gas late in games, later into the season. This is a coaching issue- conditioning.

As for a single play, I shall call out several, all stopped because of penalties away from the play. In each of those series, they if they keep the first down, the positive yardage, it leads to scores.

Scores change momentum, add pressure to the other team.

On defense, just stopping that drive that went on to a touchdown after a 1st and 30, also changes the game.