ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

a lot of firsts today

tsylvester

First time a kicker hit 3 50+ yard field goals in the first half whiling wearing underwear for the first time.

First time this season the offense could actually run a screen play, while singing opera.

First time Shane Falco's offensive line blocked for the punt team, and gave the Bengals "the business"...

ooooh and CRAV had his first granchild born while the Ravens were playing wearing underwear! Congrats old man.

Thanks T, but this is my second grandson, my first grandson is almost 18 years old .

but once again, we come out on the first drive and look like world-beaters, then we go into a shell and expose every weakness that Joe has. 3rd quarter I put this in the loss column.

We ain't going far with Joe at the helm. Hell wouldn't surprise me if we don't make the playoffs.

Yea...a lot of firsts at a really fun game....and very important game.

A loss and the season would be over. This snaps a 5 game losing streak to the Bengals.

Ravens ran the ball 30 times. That might be a first. Run the ball and win. Forget about ypc.

Tucker was sensational....it was very windy at the stadium which makes his accomplishment all that more amazing.

Tucker connected from 52, 57 and 54 yards to stake the Ravens to a 16-3 halftime lead. He added a 36-yard field goal to make it 19-9 with 12:16 remaining.

Tucker has made 34 field goals in a row, including 27 this season, and has connected on all 15 conversion tries.

The bad news is that he had to kick 4 FG's. The offense once again can't score 7's. They start off on fire, score a TD (sweet catch Perryman!) and then lose any killer instinct if they ever had it. Joe reads one receiver only on a pass play. He ignores looking at the rest.

That safety was a fantastically fun play to watch if you're a Ravens fan. Koch could have run 10 more seconds off the clock if he had to. The O got a free chance to rough up and mug the Bengals D. They were slamming players to the ground, wrestling, flags flying all over, lots of holding...nobody got within 15 yards of Koch. Very surprised there weren't fights after that beatdown.

I have got to get that video clip. It was all right in front of us in the end zone.

Yea! Yea!

Good news crav. That's one more for the Ravens Nation. :gorave:

Edited by vmax

HAHAHAAAAAA!!!!

Listen to the announcer. "There will be holding probably called on the play..." :yeah:

He had no clue what the Ravens knew they were going to accomplish.

No clue that everybody was being held...and why.

Here's the video....

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000746876/Ravens-refuse-to-punt-to-Bengals-on-final-play

Edited by vmax

This isn't a first and it's getting old...

For the sixth time this season, the Ravens took an early 10-0 lead. Another opening drive was conducted with the tempo, pace and alacrity the Ravens have wanted to see from their no-huddle offense....This year, despite the offense's occasional opening-drive flashes of brilliance, the Ravens have had to rely on Tucker for many of their points. Baltimore has scored 19 touchdowns against 27 field goals, a balance it would like to see reversed...https://www.pressboxonline.com/2016/11/27/with-help-from-justin-tucker-imperfect-ravens-top-bengals-19-14

huge game against the Dolphins next Sunday and the Ravens could end their playoff hopes if the O fails to show up....again.

But thanks to opportunistic defense and Justin Tucker's four field goals, the Ravens were able to ride out a 19-14 win against the visiting Cincinnati Bengals and again claim first place in the AFC North by virtue of a head-to-head tiebreaker over the Pittsburgh Steelers. Both teams sport 6-5 records.

By virtue of the Houston Texans' loss to the San Diego Chargers, the Ravens -- who swept all three division foes at home this month -- have leapfrogged Houston into the No. 3 position among AFC playoff seeds...https://www.pressboxonline.com/2016/11/27/with-help-from-justin-tucker-imperfect-ravens-top-bengals-19-14

This is as close as they may get.

Now, a win Sunday coupled with wins over the Stealers and Bengals and things could be very interesting.

We can dream...and hope... :gorave: .....

Once again the penalties almost cost the team the win. Stupid ones at that shall we say.

Once again the receiver dropped a big play ball (tough catch granted).

Once again a receiver (tight end) failed the read the defense properly and come back to the ball to sheild the defender, almost resulting in a pick-six.

Once again the line left men untouched on their way to Flacco.

This is not a playoff team, just making the playoffs is fools gold. This team needs quality in the draft.

Amen on the draft quality needs. We have a huge need for a defensive playmaker. And if I'm Harbaugh, I'm taking to my brother Jim about figuring how the hell to snatch Jabrill Peppers.

That guy is a dang beast and one of the most talented defensive guys I've seen in years. He has the talent and instinct of a Ray Lewis and Ed Reed.

I'm assuming he's coming out early but he's hands down the best D player in college.

He would be untouchable for us in the mid first round (likely spot) but I would trade and give up a pick to get em. He's that good and would fill the playmaker void we've had for years.

Sorry to get on the draft rant !

You are right about the first drives. The first drive is always scripted ahead of time and that is when we seem to be uptempo, on time and execute the best. Every drive after that is just painful. The Ravens should script more often.

Once again the penalties almost cost the team the win. Stupid ones at that shall we say.

Once again the receiver dropped a big play ball (tough catch granted).

Once again a receiver (tight end) failed the read the defense properly and come back to the ball to sheild the defender, almost resulting in a pick-six.

Once again the line left men untouched on their way to Flacco.

This is not a playoff team, just making the playoffs is fools gold. This team needs quality in the draft.

Once again another huge drop by our DB on a pass that hit him in the hands. That Weddle drop allowed the Bengals to keep the score close for the majority of the game. Had he made that play and we score this game could have gotten out of hand quickly.

CB Dre Kirkpatrick

(on taking away the long ball)

“He just didn’t throw the deep ball. A couple times the deep ball was there, but he didn’t throw it. You have to give credit to Adam [Jones] on the outside and our safeties.”

:nono:

The best matchup week 13 with playoff implications on the line. I'm probably more surprised than Craven that my beloved Dolphins have won six in a row and are right there in the playoff hunt. This game is huge for both teams. Your D has been tremendous helping me in FF but is also the reason you guys are in playoff contention. This is a huge test for Miami. Honestly this week favors you. Miamis secondary is not good and our OL is still banged up. Tannehill showed that if you take away the pass he can make plays but that's against a shitty 49ers D. Baltimore will most likely stack the box making Tannehill win the game with his arm.... Against a D like yours this is going to be tough but we shall see!

GO FINS!!!

It should be a good match up, but it's about the Fish played us away from Miami, we getting tired of going to The Keys after the game ;)

The key will be can the Fish come back from a quick 10-0 deficit, that been the motto this year, strike quick look like world beaters, then go into a shell for 3 quarters.