ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

AFC Playoff Picture 12/6/16

vmax

AFC
No. 1 seed — Raiders (10-2): First place, West. Oakland stayed ahead of Kansas City in the division and also jumped New England by virtue of the strength of victory tiebreaker. There's no letting up with a trip to Kansas City on Thursday.

No. 2 seed — Patriots (10-2): First place, East. New England rolled past Los Angeles to get closer to another division title, but lost ground by playing a bad NFC opponent.

No. 3 seed — Ravens( 7-5): First place, North. Baltimore blew out Miami to ensure it would stay ahead of Pittsburgh in the division, still holding the head-to-head tiebreaker.

MORE:Bad news for AFC: Flacco time has arrived :gorave:

No. 4 seed — Texans (6-6): First place, South. Houston dropped into a tie with Tennessee for the division, but stays just ahead with the head-to-head tiebreaker. Indianapolis can make it a virtual three-way tie on Monday night.

No. 5 seed — Chiefs (9-3): Wild card. Kansas City got a big win in Atlanta to solidify this position. It kept pace with Oakland, turning Thursday's matchup into a first-place game.

No. 6 seed —Broncos (8-4): Wild card. Denver was down Trevor Siemian and got the job done in Jacksonville. The reigning champs should feel much better about just getting into the playoffs again.

Who's right behind —Dolphins (7-5), Steelers (7-5), Colts (6-6), Titans (6-6), Bills (6-6) .Miami fell hard out of playoff position in Baltimore, setting up Denver to regain No. 6. Miami has the edge over Pittsburgh with a head-to-head win earlier. Pittsburgh's best ticket remains the AFC North title over Baltimore.

Who's still alive — Chargers (5-7), Bengals (4-7-1). Of these teams, only Indianapolis is alive and well because it can get right back into AFC South contention by beating the Jets.

Who's out — Jets (3-9),Jaguars (2-10),Browns (0-12).Jacksonville joined Cleveland in already playing for next year after losing to Denver.

see NFC....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-playoff-picture-cowboys-get-in-raiders-get-back-to-no-1/ar-AAl9b2d?li=BBnba9I

Hey...the Ravens are ranked #6 this week in ESPN's power poll.

I think that's too high but it is some respect.....

6. Baltimore Ravens

2016 record: 7-5 | Week 13 ranking: 13

Don't fall too hard for Joe Flacco's four-touchdown game Sunday. It was only the third time this season he has thrown multiple touchdown passes in a game, and he still has only four more touchdowns than picks this season. If he does it again against the Patriots, then that's a different story.....http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18214694/nfl-2016-week-14-power-rankings-dallas-cowboys-new-england-patriots-oakland-raiders

In these last 4 game there will be a games where that team should have never won or how did they get beat by that team. And you there will be game that is be played this week that we all thought meant the world that will mean nothing and game that really didn't think meant anything will be the biggest game of the 4.

Like the Steelers getting beat by the Bills

In these last 4 game there will be a games where that team should have never won or how did they get beat by that team. And you there will be game that is be played this week that we all thought meant the world that will mean nothing and game that really didn't think meant anything will be the biggest game of the 4.

Like the Steelers getting beat by the Bills

Yea...I see them losing to Tyrod and the Bills.

twilightzonewilltherealmartianpleasestan I also see them losing to the Browns

I wouldn't be surprised if us and the Stealers make it in, one of us is only 1 game behind Denver. I think they are done.

i could see this too

then we would play again in rd 1 most likely

it would be nice

if we could play other teams but if we are both in

i think they are 3 and 6 seeds no matter what scenario

we are at your house or you come to Pittsburgh

doesn't help for the following week

seeing how hard we always play each other

:scared:

Baltimore Ravens (8-6, 27.4 percent)

Why they will make the playoffs: Their defense is stingy and opportunistic. The only reason Baltimore is in the playoff hunt is its ability to keep teams out of the end zone and take the ball away. The Ravens are third in the NFL with 26 turnovers, with safety Eric Weddle roaming the secondary and linebacker Terrell Suggs putting pressure on quarterbacks. But here is the defining stat: Baltimore is 6-1 this season when holding teams to fewer than 20 points. The Ravens’ last two opponents in the regular season -- Pittsburgh and Cincinnati -- were each held to 14 points by Baltimore in this season’s previous meetings.

Why they won’t make the playoffs: Joe Flacco and the schedule. Baltimore finishes the season with two road games at Pittsburgh and Cincinnati. That spells trouble. The Ravens have beaten only two teams on the road this season, and those teams (Cleveland and Jacksonville) have a combined record of 2-26. Flacco has been awful away from home. In six road games, he has thrown for five touchdowns and seven interceptions for a 75.7 passer rating, which is fifth worst in the NFL. How bad has it been? The Ravens are the only team to lose at the Jets this season.

-- Jamison Hensley................http://www.espn.com/blog/miami-dolphins/post/_/id/23977/making-the-case-for-and-against-each-bubble-teams-nfl-playoff-chances