ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Brian Billick on Ravens Offense

ForceEight

Our players inability to grasp the concepts or schemes Billick was running does not mean Billick has no clue what he's doing... it means he had a communication problem. Ironic, of course, considering he is a communication guru as well.

But still, the point remains... what Billick wanted to do and what Billick was able to do are probably two very, very different things.

Our players inability to grasp the concepts or schemes Billick was running does not mean Billick has no clue what he's doing... it means he had a communication problem. Ironic, of course, considering he is a communication guru as well.

But still, the point remains... what Billick wanted to do and what Billick was able to do are probably two very, very different things.

Its interesting but when you look at former/current Rave coaches: Billick - offensive guru, Marvin Lewis - defensive guru

and Harbs - special teams guru - all of them as head coaches have fallen short in their respective areas of expertise.

So if the players don't get it, you keep doing it?

No Moss......no offense.

You mean like the WRs saying, "What the hell are we doing here all we do is block."

Some things don't change rm52.

Under Harbaugh it's "If you don't have the ball, then you're blocking." One reason the Ravens are 5th in rushing.

43778394.jpg

Some things don't change rm52.

Under Harbaugh it's "If you don't have the ball, then you're blocking." One reason the Ravens are 5th in rushing.

43778394.jpg

The reason why the Ravens are 5th is due to an unbalanced line and at time there is more then 2 WRs out there.

Go watch the Ravens/Titans playoff game here and you will see Billick's offense.

Its interesting but when you look at former/current Rave coaches: Billick - offensive guru, Marvin Lewis - defensive guru

and Harbs - special teams guru - all of them as head coaches have fallen short in their respective areas of expertise.

Tell me something I don't know. Label a person a guru in their profession, and they suddenly become morons.

I'd be a lot more comfortable doing the exact opposite of whatever billick says to do.

:lol: Funniest post in the thread.

Yea..I get that rm52...that's why I said one reason for their success at running.

There are a bunch of reasons...Flacco's a rookie...needs to keep the D honest...but like most years under Billick this team is committed to running the ball.

The ypc isn't impressive....the number of attemps tells the story.

Now that gives Cam a lot of options because with this strong base of running he can burn you with the big play. Something Billick could never do except when he had our man Trent Dilfer. :)

43792054.jpg

Nov. 20, 2005: Ravens 16, Steelers 13,OT

(Sun photo by Kenneth K. Lam / November 20, 2005)

Ravens kicker Matt Stover and his teammates celebrate his 44-yard game-winning field goal in overtime against the Steelers. Stover's kick capped the winning, 30-yard drive and the 3-hour, 42-minute marathon, sending thousands of Steelers fans home unhappy and causing a raucous on-field celebration that spilled into an electric locker room.

So if the players don't get it, you keep doing it?

No Moss......no offense.

Again. That was not a defense of Billick's coaching, his time here, or his coaching style.

He didn't get the job done in the final years. He never got the job done offensively. He lacked something.

BUT... again... that does not mean that his GOALS for the offense were right. It doesn't mean Billick doesn't know how to run an offense.

They are separate questions.

Does Billick know what makes NFL offenses successful? YES

Was Billick able to communicate that and adapt it effectively to his players on the Ravens? NO

But does the second question in any way mean that he is clueless about NFL offenses? NO

Jamison Hensley shares a few thoughts on Billick...in a round about way...:)

Cameron has gotten so much out of so little this season. He doesn't have a clear-cut No. 1 running back. He doesn't have a big-play receiver. He doesn't have a healthy offensive line.

Yet armed with a rookie quarterback, Cameron has turned around an offense that regularly slumped under Brian Billick.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/footbal...0,4433784.story

When you think about it, Cam should be OC of the Year.

Say what you want about BB but Cameron's got one huge advantage, something Billick never had...

How many more chances did we want to give Billick, he's had his fair chance with QB's..He screwed over Trent Dilfer for Grbackwards, He screwed over Chris Redman, he threw Boller to the wolves. I dont know WTF Billick was thinking in the 06 playoff game vs The Colts, we are averaging 4 yards per carry on the ground in the 1st half, yet he decides to change the game plan in the 2nd half and 8-Ball Jamal only touches the ball 4 times..He thinks McNair can beat the Colts thru the air?? That turned out well for us.

Lets not forget he only had Moss & Pepper for 1 season, and hell I could throw the ball to that freak and he'd get me a raise.

Say what you want about BB but Cameron's got one huge advantage, something Billick never had...

Joe Flacco

That advantage isn't what I'd call "huge". Not after watching your boy Joey go 11 for 28 with 2 INT's in folding for the Steelers.

That advantage isn't what I'd call "huge". Not after watching your boy Joey go 11 for 28 with 2 INT's in folding for the Steelers.

Your right we should go after Fitzpatrick in the offseason :blink:

Flacco is going to be great, this offense is just now evolving, still missing a few parts.

Because Big Ben, Palmer and others never have bad days...

Roethlisberger typically blows against the Ravens. Last night, short of that final drive, his rating was under 70. And yet, I'd still have taken him every day of the week over Boller or any other QB we had over the last 7 years short of Flacco.