ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Not Improved Enough

vmax

Harbaugh keeps this Team focused on getting better each week.

And they have, but as Ron Fritz points out...it's not enough....

Ron Fritz, sports editor: The Ravens took advantage of mistakes by the Patriots, but were undone by their own mistakes. How could you leave Chris Hogan that wide open? How many bad decisions will Devin Hester Sr. be allowed to make? How many times do you throw the ball two yards when you need 10 yards? This Ravens team is much improved from the beginning of the season, but not improved enough to make the playoffs. They are still a year — and a good offensive coordinator — away from being a serious contender. Even without his big weapons, Tom Brady put up 30 points against the NFL’s No. 1 defense. With the Ravens’ offense finally healthy, Joe Flacco could not....http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/sports/bal-instant-analysis-from-ravens-patriots-20161212-story.html

You can add a whole lot more to Ron's list.

Let's have at it.

Want to improve? Get rid of Powers, sign the hot dog vender, he/she has to be better in coverage. Get rid of who ever thought bringing in Hester was a good idea, I don't care who it was.

Get rid of anyone who fails to hold these players accountable for penalties & missed assigments. Enough is enough. Then get rid of those players who continue to do so, over and over again, cap be damned.

Then get a real offensive coordinator and line coach; enough is enough with inconsistant play calling and the inability to run the ball.

That is a start and if we say it is too early to start doing this, just look at the Rams who fired their over due coach 4 days before a short week game.

It can be done, it must be done or this team is doomed to be the Rams, the Browns....

Want to improve? Get rid of Powers, sign the hot dog vender, he/she has to be better in coverage. Get rid of who ever thought bringing in Hester was a good idea, I don't care who it was.

Get rid of anyone who fails to hold these players accountable for penalties & missed assigments. Enough is enough. Then get rid of those players who continue to do so, over and over again, cap be damned.

Then get a real offensive coordinator and line coach; enough is enough with inconsistant play calling and the inability to run the ball.

That is a start and if we say it is too early to start doing this, just look at the Rams who fired their over due coach 4 days before a short week game.

It can be done, it must be done or this team is doomed to be the Rams, the Browns....

Crap, I was ready to post almost everything you said!

Amazing how the Ravens are the most penalized team this year and last. Who the hell is responsible for discipline? (Harbaugh).

So Harbs should be one of the ones to go. HE does not hold anyone accountable. The team reflects their coach.

Only way Juan goes or the Ravens get a strong OC is to get rid of Harbs.

In Harbs defense he can only work with what he has. With guys like Elam, Powers, and Wright you can only shine a turd so much.

True to some extent, but I have to believe his opinion counts as well. Did you see or hear the Pollard interview? Quite damning of Harbs.

Though I rarely listen to what former players say about coaches after they are released against their will, and he praises Pees, if we look closely at the games, it is pretty clear Harbs is out coached often...

In Harbs defense he can only work with what he has. With guys like Elam, Powers, and Wright you can only shine a turd so much.

True to some extent, but I have to believe his opinion counts as well. Did you see or hear the Pollard interview? Quite damning of Harbs.

Though I rarely listen to what former players say about coaches after they are released against their will, and he praises Pees, if we look closely at the games, it is pretty clear Harbs is out coached often..

Look at how Herbs and Joe have no sense of urgency. How often have wee seen that? This team mirrors him. The lack of discipline or the poor time man have nothing to do with Ozzie and who he brings in.

I'm not defending Harbs. He deserves all the criticism he gets on game planning and time management. On drafting talent I doubt all decisions go thru him. Oz looks at his board and goes by value. Do you thinks Harbs wants 10 4th-5th round players or 5 early picks who can actually play? The penalties come from them being crap and having to hold to stay with their man. There's only soo much you can coach as Bruce says on The Fan.

you guys realize

you are bitching about the same shit all football fans are bitching about

coaches players

what else is there???

bitch about the prices for tickets or the unavailability of being able to watch your team on ANY GIVEN SUNDAY be it on your tv or computer

the owners make tooo much ,suck or blackmail money from their city ,the players are overpaid ,the commish is a fuckin nazi the whole shithouse is going up in flames and i'm gonna get my kicks before it happens

soo

stop bitching about the play

enjoy what you have

the Ravens are a fucking good team

some times the ball bounces in your favor sometimes not

but it is not over season wise

yet

What I am seeing is how far short they are from being a legit playoff contender.

It's not that far. They could become one by next season.

I'm hoping....it's a faint hope....that they can make the playoffs this year, so that the players can have that extra game or two to gain valuable insight and experience and grow. It will serve them well next year.

Even now, with this upcoming slate of final games there is that "one and done" sense of urgency which, although not desirable, is beneficial for growth and development.

It's called stress.

Stress, handled properly, builds and develops. It helps people grow and achieve more than they thought they were capable of doing. It builds confidence.

Yea....you can crack under it too. :yeah:

That interview was very insightful. Pollard is a smart hard nosed player and for Harbs to get rid of a guy like that is very telling. And don't tell me it was performanced based either

That interview was very insightful. Pollard is a smart hard nosed player and for Harbs to get rid of a guy like that is very telling. And don't tell me it was performanced based either

Nothing to do with performane,He and Reed formed their little posse and both were gone

What I am seeing is how far short they are from being a legit playoff contender.

I'm hoping....it's a faint hope....that they can make the playoffs this year, so that the players can have that extra game or two to gain valuable insight and experience and grow. It will serve them well next year.

Even now, with this upcoming slate of final games there is that "one and done" sense of urgency which, although not desirable, is beneficial for growth and development.

It's called stress.

Stress, handled properly, builds and develops. It helps people grow and achieve more than they thought they were capable of doing. It builds confidence.

I see nothing wrong with this team making a playoff this season and you right, they aren't that far off. Miami and Texans are in the playoff at this time, they arent any better.

Very telling indeed. Make you wonder if it's a slow beginning to the end for Harbs.

I think if I was the owner and see that the head coach cost you 2 games, I would have put a sick up his ass and let him know, you screwed up.

I think he is a good coach that makes in game mistakes, the worse time to make mistakes.

You have the other team running off the field and their punt team coming on the field with a chance of putting the ball in your offenses hand and at least with a chance to run the clock down but no, you take the flag and give the other team another chance and they beat you with that chance he gave them. Not knowing your own team. Your team can't score TDs in the red zone dead last. You have the greatest kicker in the NFL but you go for it on 4th down.

These are things that will cost you your job, not players that use to be on the team

It's called stress.

Yeah change out a couple pieces and they can be in the POs and immediately be home for the rest of winter. This team is far away from being a real contender. What is the point of being in the POs if you can't make a real run? They need to rebuild this team finally.

Yeah change out a couple pieces and they can be in the POs and immediately be home for the rest of winter. This team is far away from being a real contender. What is the point of being in the POs if you can't make a real run? They need to rebuild this team finally.

You are so wrong. Where do I begin?