ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

State of the Ravens address?

pumpkinhead

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-preston-column-0131-20170130-column.html

According to Kiper, the Ravens (8-8) were fortunate to be as close to a playoff spot as they were in 2016, considering the lack of offensive cohesion. He also believes it is time for the team to develop some new defensive stars.

I have been saying that. The Ravens are actually a pretty long way off.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-preston-column-0131-20170130-column.html

I have been saying that. The Ravens are actually a pretty long way off.

Maybe a year. By 2018 they could be right back in the thick of it if they draft well and develop the players they have.

There's too much parity and watered down NFL rosters.

You are both correct. This team needs a lot of help all over the roster (and coaching/front office staff)... But this league is leveling off to mediocrity, for many reasons, so yes, under the right circumstances, they could win it all next year....

The issue is sustaining it over a 10 year period...or more..

But what is the point of being the best of 22 teams when the point is to be the best of 32? There is a fine line between the worst 4 teams and the garbage that doesn't make the POs. There is a real jump after that. Then there is another jump to be in the top 4.

Here's the point which I am sure is not good enough for you.

If you are the best of 22, then you are in the playoffs! Then they are in and anything can happen.

And I'm watching football in January! :gorave:

As a fan i don't expect them to win Super Bowls every year, but I want them to be competitive to the point that every Sunday they have a chance to win.

If you have a team that is in the top 10 in points scored and points surrendered you have a good shot at going all the way.

If one of the units is top 5 and the other in the top 10.....you're dangerous.

GIVE ME DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gorave:

Edited by vmax