ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Round 1

vmax

Well, just hope we find Joe some help, this entire off season has been geared on the defense.

I'm good with that. Now the Ravens have a good shot at beating any team in the NFL.

We don't have to sit and watch the slow death Ravens strangle in the 4th quarter.

But I get your point. Losing 16-10 to the Potomac Drainage Basin Indigenous Persons is part of the definition of "Impotent."

I get it. I've been hearing it all day on the radio.

Ravens fans see a 60 second video of a player that they know nothing about, read critiques from writers who know nothing more that we do, and we head out into the streets weeping and moaning.

I saw almost every Alabama game this year and Humphrey is a baller.

Everybody has an excuse for forgetting about the Ravens secondary the last few seasons because so many players have played there and either failed or got injured. So we can't remember the names because their appearance was so brief and uneventful, except that anybody and everybody torched this secondary.

And we can't remember how bad it gets when Jimmy Smith goes down with an injury.

The Ravens need good talent at this position. They desperately need depth.

If a team does not have a good secondary in today's pass happy NFL then they will not go anywhere.

Humphrey has serious strengths and he's only 20 years old. He loves the game, races to the ball, covers very tight, seriously disrupts receivers running their routes (and that will check any speed burner in the NFL), he plays the run, blitzes well and he wants to be in on every tackle. Teams can't run to his side. 60 minute man.

Give him a break. He's a Raven now. One of our own.

Show him some love.

It takes 1-2 years in the NFL for CB's to blossom. Look at McAllister or Starks.

I can put up weaknesses and question marks about every player drafted before him.

Get a very strong defense. In this age of parity that will take you a long way.

Finally!!!! :cop: The Ravens have 3 solid shots tonight to add more playmakers to the roster.

They've only picked one guy. They are not done.

Oh...and let me add...

It was really, really hard to sit in M&T Bank stadium last year and watch this team fail. Play flat.

Really hard.

I sure as shit want to see serious help on the O line and at receiver.

Get a playmaker! Anybody! at any position! because it's contagious..

I didn't get a chance to watch a lot of NCAA football but you can see Alabama 24 hours a day, only joking. I did watch a few Tide games and I did get to see a little of the CB. I think the guy can get beat deep. Thought of Antonio Langham came to mind.

Dan Feeney? Any one know anything about this guy? Is he just a zone block and can he only play guard?

What about Pat Elflein? Is he any Elflein good at center? Is he more a 3rd round guy

Max, I saw every game as well, and watch a ton of college ball. He gets beat because he looks too long and too often, into the back field because he has no feel for when a pass should be thrown on any given route.

In college his speed was able to help him make up the seperation difference. In the pros, he is going to be toast... Another Bama player for the defense that Ozzie will have missed on....

Max, I saw every game as well, and watch a ton of college ball. He gets beat because he looks too long and too often, into the back field because he has no feel for when a pass should be thrown on any given route.

In college his speed was able to help him make up the seperation difference. In the pros, he is going to be toast... Another Bama player for the defense that Ozzie will have missed on....

So coaching, experience and hard work can;t correct that?

So coaching, experience and hard work can;t correct that?

For some it can, but we saw first hand that coaching can't fix everthing; see all the latest busts in the secondary whose main issues were the same as this kid's.

Deron burnt toast Jenkins thrown in for breakfast...

For some it can, but we saw first hand that coaching can't fix everthing; see all the latest busts in the secondary whose main issues were the same as this kid's.

Deron burnt toast Jenkins thrown in for breakfast...

Well...Ok...to further bolster your point, let's add that Chris Hewitt is not doing a stellar job coaching and developing the DB's

Edited by vmax

Everybody wants to talk about getting Flacco some help. Did Flacco do anything to lessen that $25 million dollar cap hit this year? Just curious about that.

No and that's really disappointing. I guess Flacco is showing he's not a team player. He has the highest cap hit in the league.