ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

And Now that the Draft is Over

vmax

Marlon Humphrey! Tyus Bowser! Chris Wormley! Tim Williams! Nico Siragusa! Jermaine Eluemunor! and Chuck Clark!

:bow: COME ON DOWN! :gorave:

WELCOME TO BALTIMORE!!!

Gang, It's easy to judge and criticise those whom we know nothing about.

I know.

I do it every day.

Ahhh! But to Love, Support and stick by our comrades through thick and thin...through adversity to victory....now that's what I'm talking about!

Who amongst us wasn't labeled a Loser at several...uh...many points along the way during our life?

And look at us now!

Great American Success stories!

This group of fine young men are Baltimore Ravens now.

They are "Our Guys!"

Baltimore RAVENS! :yeah:

I don't know about you, but I'm all in with standing behind and welcoming all of our new Ravens.

They need our help as the 12th man and I'm all in.

7dzOnZ.gif

Let's give them a warm welcome and pledge of support!!!!!!!!

tumblr_mewhzwrk6y1rmwvhco1_500.gif

And finally....I don't know about you,.... and yes!.... I was disgusted watching this team struggle last year.

It hurt my brain.

BUT... I'm all in with Ozzie and John Harbaugh.

I believe in them and view them as being among the very best in the NFL.

After making the final pick in the 2017 NFL draft, Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome declared: "No doubt in my mind we have improved this football team."

I absolutely agree!

Welcome to Baltimore guys! :gorave:

The Land of Pleasant Living.

V2QZvGB.jpg

Edited by vmax

That should tell you a lot about the class

Or the choice... Hey, I hope I am wrong and these guys turn out to have great careers here, but many we were all saying the same things six years ago, five, four, 3, 2 and last year.

The team picked 16th this year, missed the playoffs the past 2 years, has a piss poor inconsistant offense & defense because the great Ozzie Newsome never whiffs on a pick, & Bama players work out so well for this team...

This average team had way too many needs heading into this offseason. All of us know what they are.

What goes with that is they can't solve all of their issues in one offseason.

So basically they went defense because that's the way the cards fell. The offensive weapons were gone when the Ravens name was called.

Dummerville and Orr are gone. Suggs may be done. Jerrnigan and Guy are gone.

We know what shape the secondary was in.

This defense was poised to collapse and fall apart. We'd all be filing out of the stadium by halftime.

As of this morning most of the defensive holes have been plugged. They are younger and faster. They drafted sound technicians who fly to the ball. Maybe they can get off the field on 3rd down.

So...the Ravens should field 2 solid units this year: defense and special teams. That's 2/3rds of the winning formula.

In a way it's like 1999. They were one more offseason, draft and free agency period away from being a very solid team. We've lived through that and the way you do it is to enjoy what you have and watch the team develop.

This 2017 Ravens team is right where the '98, and '99 teams were.

What they have to learn how to do is;

win the games they should win against lesser teams. The jets game last year killed them. same for Redskins game.

beat teams with winning records.

beat teams within their division and conference.

beat playoff caliber teams.

And most importantly...find ways to win.

They have done none of that recently.

If you want to keep score this year, then keep score on that.

It will tell you if they are getting better and becoming closer to a playoff caliber team.

Right now they are not.

But I am hopefull this morning because I know defense and special teams will keep them in the game.

And on offense? :nono:

I don't know.

It's going to take a miracle.

Players like Moore and Perriman have to become playmakers over night, and rarely have I seen that happen. You are usually who you are or what you have shown.

Joe has to play like Aaron Rodgers or Brady and make his receivers look good. Make average Joe's above average.

The running game??? O Line?????

All ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Mornhinweg :scared: ????????????????????????????

We might have to pull a Scarlett O'Hara here and worry about it tomorrow.

Oh!

I forgot we have one more thing on our side.

Parity.

It's a watered down league. Most teams have ?marks all over the place too.

Injuries change things fast. Key players get older and suddenly perceived strengths are weaknesses.

I think what bothers me the most is that they just haven't been entertaining to watch on either offense or defense. Hopefully, the defense has enough talent now to keep in us in every game.

The offense has been a frustration to me since the post-Vinny days.

And it looks like the upcoming season will be more of the same.

You're right we can't fix all the holes in one year or one draft.

I'm still a fan. Maybe the team becomes great when the offense gets the draft and free agency attention next year.

When the best thing your head coach can say about a mid- first round pick is that he will be a great special teams player, it is time to hit the sauce, not ring the bell....

Time of course will tell, but....

Gotcha Papa.

I think what bothers me the most is that they just haven't been entertaining to watch on either offense or defense. Hopefully, the defense has enough talent now to keep in us in every game.

The offense has been a frustration to me since the post-Vinny days.

And it looks like the upcoming season will be more of the same.

You're right we can't fix all the holes in one year or one draft.

I'm still a fan. Maybe the team becomes great when the offense gets the draft and free agency attention next year.

I'm with you on all points.

I think this defense will be fun to watch as they develop over the next 2 years. It's been a long time since we've seen exciting interceptions, lots of sacks and a stifling D. they should be good this year with the potential to be great next year.

The offense? I have low expectations for them until they can get some playmakers, a real OC and an experienced O line.