ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

2017 Season

oldno82

While it's still possible for Ozzie to sign a FA WR and C and RT, I'm beginning to think we all are just going to have to ride out the upcoming season until we can get to next year's draft and free agency. This might be frustrating to all of us but we'll just have to be content in watching the development of our defense which should be able to keep us in most games. We'll have to settle for a dysfunctional offense again but if we can give it a boost in 2018 we would have a playoff caliber team in 2018.

In other words, look for at best a mediocre amount of achievement from this year's team.

Well the starting secondary is all vets and they can put Webb at nickle or Humphrey. Pass rush will be a big ? will the 2nd year guys coming off injuries and the new drafties. O Line really scares me, Joe is even shittier when under pressure. I guess at least he'll have 20 TEs to check down to.

Oh you're hurting me with this thread. Getting honest is not easy...damn! :fishin:

A lot is going to come down to the offensive line performance. Right now, it's not possible to say that unit will be able to run block or pass protect.

Stanley, Lewis, Urschel, Yanda and Hurst. I'm not feeling it. Joe will lead the league in 3 yard completions.

How can that line create any running lanes for an average group of running backs? They can't power through anything.

Right now my prediction for the run game is: Dismal.

That means 2nd and long, 3rd and long and..... Joe? Joe's in a world of hurt. All he'll have is Woodhead out of the backfield and Joe's no Tom Brady.

D's will have their ears pinned back and DC's will be loving life. It will be like an off week preparing for the Ravens O.

Because I have no faith in Mornhinweg.

I have no doubt the pass rush will be better this year, because it was non existent last year.

The D and special teams will be solid.

As far as riding out this season. I think it's going to be a fun ride.

If we're to have any hope, then here's the first clue.

If during the pre season games the Ravens 2's and 3's can dominate against their opponents 2's and 3's, then that means they have solid depth.

Out of the solid depth will come replacements who will upgrade the weak spots.

We'll have plenty to watch.

Beat the Bengals week one and look out! :gorave:

I'd probably feel different if SSR was playing 1 more year. I think this offense would be competitive with at least 1 alpha fighting and giving them some pop. I'm not a huge fan of them going out and getting Boldin back but someone needs to be the bulldog in the group...whos it now? With all this talk of "old school" football our starting offense is all finesse. Maybe Maxx or Gillmore if they can stay healthy but who knows.

There is talent among the group of O lineman. Stanley, Lewis and Yanda are a decent 3/5's.

The problem is developing a scheme that utilizes the talent of the collective group to the max.

Some kind of coaching and player development miracle needs to happen.

Here's the list. Find 2 gems;

60 Brandon Kublanow C 22 6-3 291 R Georgia
68 Matt Skura C 24 6-3 305 1 Duke
61 Jarell Broxton G 24 6-3 322 1 Baylor
66 Ryan Jensen G 25 6-4 310 4 Colorado State-Pueblo
72 Alex Lewis G 25 6-6 315 2 Nebraska
63 Jarrod Pughsley G 26 6-4 310 1 Akron
76 Maurquice Shakir G -- 6-3 315 R Middle Tennessee
56 Nico Siragusa G 23 6-5 330 R San Diego State
64 John Urschel G 25 6-3 300 4 Penn State
77 De'Ondre Wesley G 24 6-6 326 3 BYU
73 Marshal Yanda G 32 6-3 305 11 Iowa

The more fullbacks and running backs they keep in to block, the less receivers they can send out to flood the field to create some mismatches.

It's all about match ups in the passing game.

On the bright side. Every team in the NFL has weak spots, depth issues and one or two or more weak units. Oh...and dumb coaches. :fishin: This is why I think 8-8 is reasonable. I still think the Ravens can add 2 more wins to that total.

To do that 2/3rd s of the following needs to manifest:

They have to stay healthy.

The defense has to take that next step up to being very solid. This is not an unreasonable expectation. But if all the offense does is 3 and outs or quick scoring drives this unit will get gassed. The O has to run.

Tucker and Special teams have to be excellent like they have been. All that's missing is a lethal return man.

Again, They have to be able to run the ball. At least continue to run throughout the game, even if the yardage is not good. They have to make defenses stay in to play it.

Keep Joe upright and healthy.

But this is the most important weakness they have to improve on:

Game planning. This is all on the coaching staff. They must develop winning game plans and strategies for each opponent. That can get them the 1 or 2 extra needed wins.

Max, the issue is Yanda is the only power line player. The rest, Stanley and Lewis included, are all finess blockers, they get in the way or redirect, they don't blow people off the line of scrimmage.

Sure this works well against smaller defensive lines, but against bigger, beefier lines, 3rd and one, long drives to kill clock, it fails, doesn't work.

Papa, Cruz would be great here as a slot man with attitude.

But I see your point and agree, he is often injured, struggles against press coverage at the line, and frankly, with all the slot players the Ravens have passed over, over the past few years, this move, should it happen, reaks of desperation on Ozzie's part & would be another notch in the "thanks for playing now get out" belt.

I feel so good about the Ravens this year .........until I look at the other teams playing them this year. I am almost offended that this F.O. didn't get us a real serious O lineman somehow, someway. Like I said earlier, 9-7 as we again watch Pittsburgh in the playoffs on our TV's.

the Stealers may not make it.

It's twilight time for Rthsslxxssbrrrgrrrr....Bell's had surgery....their D is not that good....same for their coach

I'd probably feel different if SSR was playing 1 more year. I think this offense would be competitive with at least 1 alpha fighting and giving them some pop. I'm not a huge fan of them going out and getting Boldin back but someone needs to be the bulldog in the group...whos it now? With all this talk of "old school" football our starting offense is all finesse. Maybe Maxx or Gillmore if they can stay healthy but who knows.

So then we pick up Boldin after June 3rd. We can get him on the cheaps.

So then we pick up Boldin after June 3rd. We can get him on the cheaps.

Another geriatric that is not worth it. Sounds like a stupid move. What they should have done was make a run at Floyd.

Its the same d that got destroyed by new england

It is the D that made the Ravens offense look poor in the 4th quarter in Week 16 last yr. Wasn't this thread about the Ravens and the ppl they would play this season? Why bring up NE except to spin and add subterfuge? Another weak point from a weak mind.

This is Rthsslxxsbrrrgrrr's last year. His heads not in the game much less his body. He won't make it through the season.

He never plays a whole season. They keep winning though. I see no evidence that he will hang it up after the yr.

I do not want Boldin. As raw as our rookies are I want THEM to play. Get Joe out of his comfort zone, granted he still has Pitta, but he needs to friggen step up, with all these rookies.

I do not want Boldin. As raw as our rookies are I want THEM to play. Get Joe out of his comfort zone, granted he still has Pitta, but he needs to friggen step up, with all these rookies.

Pitta's going to be averaging 20 targets a game