ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Is Joe's back injury really that serious?

Tornado700

At first, I heard that he wasn't injured. That he just had some soreness due to weightlifting at home. Now, I'm hearing all these different time tables on his return. What the hell is really going on here? I'm starting to bite my nails.

And he went for a second opinion last week. Prognosis was for a slow return according to Hensley.

A 2nd opion means disc\nerve not muscle, unless he tore something.

It was speculated last week that it was a disc. They can be pesky critters, been dealing with them for over a decade; a house of cards and once you damage one, it can become chronic....

A 2nd opion means disc\nerve not muscle, unless he tore something.

It was speculated last week that it was a disc. They can be pesky critters, been dealing with them for over a decade; a house of cards and once you damage one, it can become chronic....

Been sliced and diced 3 times on mine since 93..never the same

Been sliced and diced 3 times on mine since 93..never the same

I gave them one shot, helped a little but also started the house of cards to fall quicker... They did manage to make some room in my hip for the sciatic nerve so the sciatica doesn't hit as often nor as hard...

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2017/8/8/16109986/joe-flaccos-contract-isnt-holding-the-ravens-back-torrey-boldin-pitta-steve-smith-maclin-wallace

Joe Flacco’s contract isn’t holding the Ravens back

There are many writers around the country who have criticized Joe Flacco and his gargantuan contract. The latest writer to voice his criticism of Flacco, Doug Farrar of Bleacher Report. Farrar titled his article “Dead Weight: Whose Salaries Are Holding Teams Back Most Heading into 2017?” Pretty harsh to say the least.

Here’s what Farrar had to say about Flacco’s contract:

Flacco signed a three-year contract extension in March 2016 that gave him $66.4 million in new money, a $40 million signing bonus, $44 million in fully guaranteed money and $62 million in injury guarantees. This despite the fact that he suffered a torn ACL and MCL in Week 11 of the 2015 season, missing the Ravens' final six games and throwing just 14 touchdowns to 12 interceptions.
It's understandable that any NFL team would go above and beyond to retain the services of a player it believes to be a true franchise quarterback, but Flacco hasn't really lived up to that designation since 2014, when he threw 27 touchdowns to 12 interceptions. And even then, 27 touchdowns isn't exactly Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees territory, though Flacco's money is.
The 2016 season was highly problematic in other ways. Former NFL1000 Quarterbacks Scout Cian Fahey detailed the issues in a recent article for his Pre-Snap Reads website and in his Pre-Snap Reads Quarterback Catalogue. Only Sam Bradfordthrew a higher percentage of short passes that season than Flacco, and Flacco's receivers weren't to blame for his failed completions anywhere near the league average. Colin Kaepernick, who is currently out of the league for some debatable reasons, was more accurate to all fields than Flacco in 2016, according to Fahey's charting.
This season has not started well. Flacco suffered a disk injury in his back in late July and is expected to miss three to six weeks, per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero, which would eliminate most or all of training camp and the preseason for him. If he's not able to turn his recent inefficiencies around in 2017 and beyond, the Ravens are on the hook for what then looks like the worst contract in the NFL.
Flacco carries a $24.55 million cap charge in 2017, and things get worse after that. The cap charges increase to $24.75 million in 2018, $26.5 million in 2019, $28.25 million in 2020 and then $24.25 million in 2021. Moreover, the Ravens would take an enormous cap hit if they decided to release him in the next couple of years—there would be $47.3 million in dead money that would accelerate this season, $28.75 million in 2018 and $16 million in 2019. Essentially, they're stuck with Flacco until 2020, when the dead money would only be $8 million. Baltimore could save a bit of money by designating him as a post-June 1 release in any of those years—the dead money goes down to $18.55 million in 2017 and $12.75 million in 2018—but the numbers make releasing Flacco prohibitive over at least the next couple of years.
And if Flacco plays the way he's played in each of the last two seasons, there's no other way to put it: He's a giant albatross around the franchise's metaphorical neck.

I didn't know it was this bad.

Are you the Michael Moore of this board? The whole article proceeds to state WHY he's not the Raven's problem. Way to cherry pick from an article defending him, to support your agenda.

The parts you missed.

Every writer is entitled to their own opinions. However, when voicing those opinions, they must include facts to back up their claims. In this particular case, Farrar didnt take into consideration Flaccos knee injury, his changes in coordinators in nearly every year since winning the Super Bowl in 2012 or the lack of draftees at the receiver position.

Excuse to some, explanation of facts to others.

Where are the stats on time in the pocket before being hit? On receivers being open in that time frame? On the author knowing the play called & play design in relation to the defensive play?

Oh never mind, there aren't any.

Glenn Clark of PressBox and Glenn Clark Radio had a few tweets explaining why he disagrees with the Farrars article. Clark noted that he felt like many pundits dont fully take into consideration all of Flaccos contract situation:

Oops, you mean a blogger doesn't know what he\she is talking about? Everyone has a blog these days and very few know what they are talking about...

Things changed when Baltimore hired Marc Trestman. Trestmans offense called for the Ravens to throw short passes to open up the deep passing game. It also called for Baltimore to discontinue their balanced rushing attack and strong play action game.

Writers are jack asses

When they use key words just to get attention, yes.

Espn made a big deal about Hackenberg losing his turn because he broke the huddle twice lethargicly. Peter King termed it; "banished from the field fornot breaking the huddle properly."

He then, while asked about it, failed to explain it properly....

The parts you missed.

Excuse to some, explanation of facts to others.

Where are the stats on time in the pocket before being hit? On receivers being open in that time frame? On the author knowing the play called & play design in relation to the defensive play?

Oh never mind, there aren't any.

Oops, you mean a blogger doesn't know what he\she is talking about? Everyone has a blog these days and very few know what they are talking about...

I didn't miss any of it bc I read the whole thing. In that I posted the whole article and didn't point to any specific fact in the article how would you know what I missed? Also the title leads one to think the antithesis of what I believe about Joe but I still posted it and found the info shocking.

I didn't miss any of it bc I read the whole thing. In that I posted the whole article and didn't point to any specific fact in the article how would you know what I missed? Also the title leads one to think the antithesis of what I believe about Joe but I still posted it and found the info shocking.

Your link is above the quote, the parts I posted are from said link and not included in your quote.

Now, if you are stating you quoted the other link, inside your quote, which is only about the contract, see my quote from the article you linked (again, above the quote in your post) about the blogger who doesn't know how to explain the contract properly or perhaps doesn't underatand it at all...

SO ridiculous disclaimer parts that have nothing to do with the article are super important to you? Also when you go to those areas you get pics and other superfluous content I don't wish to work around while copy and pasting. In general I don't care about Glenn Clark and the other crap has zero meaning.

So I guess you would pitch a fit if you won the mega millions bc you have to sign a few forms.

Nothing to do with the article? They are the basis of the article,; ie- how some who claim the salary is killing the Ravens and how or why, Flacco is not living up to the contract.

Just because you got lazy and didn't look past the photos to the rest of the article is not my fault but yours, because you claimed to have posted the entire article; which you did not.

Ok, you don't care about the author of the article YOU quoted. I don't care about some made up quarterback club and their supposed pre snap reads... Nor about a blogger who doesn't know the difference between a floppy disk and and an oval shaped "cushion" between the vertebrae other wise know as a disc.

Who is giving an opinion on something he clearly does not know much about...

Papa, go look at your post again. At the top of the quote box is a link you posted.

From that link, I quoted the rest of the article you quoted.

Unless, as I said earlier, the article you quotes came from a link INSIDE the quote box that was about the contract.

Maybe we have a miscomunication going on here....