ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens sign Lewis, drop Vaughan

tsylvester

This smells like wrotten fish, sorry for going there, but Lewis is no better than Vaughan for the most part except for one glarring difference; skin color.

Frankly it is just a camp arm no big deal for me except for the way Biscutt handled the Kaep situation, being called a racist for asking fans approval before signing him.....

Come on, you can't fight being called a racist by naming all your black or white friends.... "Get Hard".

So what do Biscutt and Ponzy Schemer do?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000829716/article/baltimore-ravens-swap-qbs-add-veteran-thad-lewis

Baltimore is swapping West Texas A&M product Dustin Vaughan with journeyman Thad Lewis. Lewis, an undrafted free agent out of Duke in 2010, last played with the San Francisco 49ers in 2016. Lewis last appeared in an NFL game back in 2013 with the Buffalo Bills.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported earlier that Baltimore would only turn to Kaepernick if the team believed it needed an upgrade over Mallett.

That is if you do not believe the reports that Kaep would only be brought in if the Ravens think Mallet can't get the job done.

7 games played, 5 tds, 4 picks. And he is more than just a camp arm?

They are going to trust him over Mallet? Not that Mallet is much better, but please....

That is if you do not believe the reports that Kaep would only be brought in if the Ravens think Mallet can't get the job done.

7 games played, 5 tds, 4 picks. And he is more than just a camp arm?

They are going to trust him over Mallet? Not that Mallet is much better, but please....

Never believe the media till I see it happen.

Lewis has playing time in the NFL. He has been around a few more years.

What is the percentage of "black males" in the NFL?

Kaepernick not in the NFL has nothing to do with his skin color.

Lewis has played in 7 games; yippie.

I never said Kaep was out of the league because of his skin color.

I said and restate for clarity, that Ponzy and Biscutt brought Lewis in to make the optics appear better by having an african american arm at qb. Because they have been portayed in the media and by fans as racists.

Again, if Lewis is just another camp arm, then why make the move?

If he is "insurance" in case Mallet continues to be Mallet, then why not sign Kaep, who is clearly better than Lewis and has said, through his rep, he would take a back up role.

This just does not pass the smell test. The timing is wrong, and just continues the bad way this org has handled the whole Kaep situation.

The Mob isn't letting teams sign Kaepernick.

Lewis may end up on this team and Mallet may not be.

I'll go as far to say the IF Joe can't or won't go that Lewis will be the starer day one.

Signing Lewis had nothing to do with his skin color.

There is no way any team is going to sign or not sign a player due to fans

He has not played a game since 2013.... So maybe they just owed his family a favor, maybe Ponzy Schemer ran into him at Burger King and thought, hey, let us give him a little pay check for the rest of the summer.

No seriously, how do you go to this guy, even if just a camp arm? Did Vaughan hurt his arm and there were no other camp arms available?

Lewis has played in 7 games; yippie.

I never said Kaep was out of the league because of his skin color.

I said and restate for clarity, that Ponzy and Biscutt brought Lewis in to make the optics appear better by having an african american arm at qb. Because they have been portayed in the media and by fans as racists.

Again, if Lewis is just another camp arm, then why make the move?

If he is "insurance" in case Mallet continues to be Mallet, then why not sign Kaep, who is clearly better than Lewis and has said, through his rep, he would take a back up role.

This just does not pass the smell test. The timing is wrong, and just continues the bad way this org has handled the whole Kaep situation.

You're reading too much into this.

Or you are wantonly blind on this too.

No. I see.

twilightzonewilltherealmartianpleasestan

And I don't have too much time on my hands to look for and create negativity.

Kaepernick wants to be a starter and get starters money.

The Ravens won't invest that amount of money in a back up.

If they thought Joe had no shot at making a 16 game season then they would find the money by mortgaging.

If you haven't looked lately their more urgent need is O line and TE.

That means their evidence on Joe's prognosis is good.

I do think many owners do not want Kaepernick for a variety of reasons.

Race isn't one of them.

No Max, while it is true that Lewis is just a camp arm, and that they generally go through a couple each year, the eye test just does not pass.

Yes, they are cap (Kaep) locked and likely can't afford Kaep, they were in no better shape 2 weeks ago when they spoke to the media about looking to bring him in. If they could afford him then, they can now.

But to then let people believe the fans had a say, in their, "pray for us" press conference, making it seem as if the "out rage" was too much to bring him is fadder.

Of all the camp arms out there, they, 2 weeks later, after all the backlash in the media, protests, bring in an african american, one who has not played in 4 years as if to over-state that Lewis is just a camp arm really stinks.

This org has really screwed the pooch on this and as I have, this is just another example of the house cleaning that needs to be done.

They have seen enough of Vaughn to know they can and need to get better.

Lewis is entering his seventh NFL season. Originally undrafted in 2010 out of Duke, Lewis started five games for the Buffalo Bills in 2013.

That season, he threw for 1,092 yards, tossed four touchdowns and had three interceptions, good for a solid 81.0 quarterback rating. Lewis struggled with ball security, however, fumbling seven times.

Lewis hasn’t played in any regular-season games since 2013. He spent last year on injured reserve with the San Francisco 49ers after suffering a knee injury. Lewis impressed the Ravens in a workout Sunday, which was key as he's coming back from the knee injury.

"Man alive! It looks like he is fully recovered from the knee," Offensive Coordiantor Marty Mornhinweg said. "He has a big arm, it looks like he is really accurate. You can tell he has some experience under his belt. He is a really smart young man as well, and then he has some movement ability. He had a heck of a workout, and then he practiced pretty well today."...http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Sign-Quarterback-Thaddeus-Lewis-Waive-Dustin-Vaughan/c41af1df-909f-4cba-b50b-1223412aca9e

Kaepernick will not sign as a camp arm.

Race has nothing to do with this. About as much as signing Howard who is black.

I have never been to one of those sites. The frat that CK, many players, and many coaches has issued a letter to the NFL. Stephen A Smith lightly made a correlation. This is going to turn into a PR night mare for them.

No, this is going to turn into a "who the fuck cares" problem for them. You and Tsyl are just haters who love to find excuses to belittle the front office. Maybe it's time to see someone about your deep seeded latent insecurities.