ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

It's this bad in Houston

vmax

Click this on...

http://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AAr0JpT.img?h=373&w=624&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

I'm shocked.

This is an assisted living residence for the elderly.

And 80% of the homes you see under water have no flood insurance. Those families are ruined financially. No home. No money to rebuild it. Nowhere to go.

So another $113 mil donated/pledged on top of the almost $100 mil from sports & celebs,

http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/30/news/companies/hurricane-harvey-corporate-donations/index.html

Companies have pledged $113 million to relief efforts as of Thursday afternoon, according to an estimate from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Fifty-two companies had donated $1 million or more as of Thursday. Verizon alone contributed $10 million and Walmart has pledged up to $20 million in cash, products and matching donations.

How much will get to the people who need it rather than salaries, is anyone's guess...

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/08/30/547435136/red-cross-exec-doesn-t-know-what-portion-of-donations-will-go-directly-to-harvey?ft=nprml&f=1001

But donors might be surprised to learn the Red Cross won't, or can't say, what percentage of their dollars will go directly to helping the victims of the storm.

Dating back to 2014, NPR and Pro Publica have reported that the Red Cross misstated how donor dollars are spent.

A study released by Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, concluded that the Red Cross had spent $124 million one-quarter of the money donors gave for earthquake relief in Haiti in 2010 on internal expenses.

Kieserman said that as of Wednesday morning the Red Cross had spent $50 million on Harvey relief, mainly on 232 shelters for 66,000 people.

Chang: Through donations, how much of every dollar goes to relief?

Kieserman: Yeah, I don't think I know the answer to that any better than the chief fundraiser knows how many, how much it costs to put a volunteer downrange for a week and how many emergency response vehicles I have on the road today. So I think if he was on this interview and you were asking how many relief vehicles in Texas, I don't think he'd know the answer and I don't know the answer to the financial question I'm afraid.

So another $113 mil donated/pledged on top of the almost $100 mil from sports & celebs, http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/30/news/companies/hurricane-harvey-corporate-donations/index.html

How much will get to the people who need it rather than salaries, is anyone's guess...http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/08/30/547435136/red-cross-exec-doesn-t-know-what-portion-of-donations-will-go-directly-to-harvey?ft=nprml&f=1001

You don't have to donate. Bitching isn't going to help anyone either though.

Well

my billionaire president donated

ONE MILLION DOLLARS (pinkey finger to mouth)

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yeah. It's a nice racket. Profit off the government and pocket federal dollars. Donate the money for tax deduction purposes. Also, he hasn't donated until the receipt comes in. He's pulled this trick before.

You don't have to donate. Bitching isn't going to help anyone either though.

Complaining I am not, just stating facts that these disasters have become rackets for certain orgs.

It is always best to donate to local, vetted charities. They do more direct work.

None of this counts the Federal money to come in, rumors have it as $6 Billion from the Feds.

Look up the money donated for Hurricane Sandy, now go look at how many homes are still sitting in disarray. How many people are waiting for those donated dollars... Same for New Orleans.

Well

my billionaire president donated

ONE MILLION DOLLARS (pinkey finger to mouth)

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Until I see a canceled check I won't believe it. He said he would donate the proceeds from a rally to vets and didn't give them a penny until the media backlash got to be to much.

Yeah. It's a nice racket. Profit off the government and pocket federal dollars. Donate the money for tax deduction purposes. Also, he hasn't donated until the receipt comes in. He's pulled this trick before.

Yeah i know

He has a huge brain smart man great negotiator he almost negotiated the storm to go to Mexico and start the wall by piling up a ton a ton a ton sand on the border making a beautiful wall the most beautifulless wall youd ever seen. The bestest ever. Win win win bip bop bing bing bing. :D

You ever watch Desus & Mero on Vice channel?

Pretty funny. They showed the Joel Osteen tv reporter at his church when they were taking in evacuees. They tore him up.

his donation is such a small % of what he could donate IF HE WAS A TRUE BILLIONAIRE just like Jerry Jones and his 1mil donation

PUHLEASE.

oh and BTW mr president i believe your cuts to FEMA surpass your donation soooo

Yeah i know

He has a huge brain smart man great negotiator he almost negotiated the storm to go to Mexico and start the wall by piling up a ton a ton a ton sand on the border making a beautiful wall the most beautifulless wall youd ever seen. The bestest ever. Win win win bip bop bing bing bing. :D

You ever watch Desus & Mero on Vice channel?

Pretty funny. They showed the Joel Osteen tv reporter at his church when they were taking in evacuees. They tore him up.

his donation is such a small % of what he could donate IF HE WAS A TRUE BILLIONAIRE just like Jerry Jones and his 1mil donation

PUHLEASE.

oh and BTW mr president i believe your cuts to FEMA surpass your donation soooo

Never pictured you as a snowflake

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2017/09/02/hurricane-irma-remains-a-potential-u-s-threat-expected-to-become-a-category-4-in-days-ahead/?utm_term=.40cdc62e9307

Hurricane Irma remains potential threat to the East Coast, possibly matching Harvey’s wind strength

If this barrels down on you there will be no complaining or running from it? You don't want to be a snowflake.

It is what it is, I won't be a snowflake, you forget this is the first time in my 39 year voting history that I've switched parties I was a staunch Democrat, but I don't know what the hell happened ed with the party, but this left shit is for the birds.

And if Irma causes me damage, so be it, its a named storm, my deductible is automatically 5 grand, I'll rebuild or relocate. Can t mess with mother nature, is what it is,

Getting out is the only sane thing to do.

There won't be any TV reception there on Sunday.

Well we will see our local weather Marty Ass, just claimed Cuba with their mountains will deminish its strength.

Plus mom doesn't want to drive back, and I just can't up and leave her down here.

Edited by cravnravn