ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

There's Something Here to Work With...maybe..

vmax

The Ravens O line had a good game when you consider they had been together a little more than a week and that there were so many new faces.

Look at who played and you know nothing about this group.

Stanley manned left tackle while James Hurst was at left guard for the first time in his football career. Ryan Jensen stepped in as the new starting center, Pro Bowler Marshal Yanda manned right guard and newly-signed Austin Howard was at right tackle....http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/John-Harbaugh-Very-Pleased-With-Offensive-Line-Except-Holding-Penalties/8c6e9c8b-9e87-4d51-b39e-3f7fc62007b7

Howard has been here how long??? 2 weeks?

Serviceable. That's what I'd call the O line right now.

And hopefully not "Bums" after playing the Brownies.

“The spirit level was really high,” left tackle Ronnie Stanley said. “We were all pumping each other up to keep the ball moving. It’s an addiction. Once you get going, you just want to keep going.”

The Ravens churned out 157 yards on 42 carries in Sunday’s 20-0 win. Baltimore was one of just 13 teams around the NFL that gave up just one sack or fewer.

Jensen is not too swift. I doubt he'll ever get it. He's a liability. A drive killer. I hope Tony Bergstrom or Luke Bowanko are better and can take over. If I'm a Dline coach then I'd have my men doing everything they can to piss him off so he's loses it and gets penalties.

Yea...I kmow....Joe only threw 17 times.

Every D will now play to stop the run.

And I like this....

It’s not just the offensive linemen who impressed Harbaugh. It was also the blocking of the big tight ends, including Nick Boyle, and others.

“I’ll tell you, our offense was very physical,” Harbaugh said. “There were some guys coming off the ball; I am talking about offensive line, tight ends, running backs – Terrance [West] and ‘Buck’ [Allen] running hard – wide receivers were blocking downfield.”...http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/John-Harbaugh-Very-Pleased-With-Offensive-Line-Except-Holding-Penalties/8c6e9c8b-9e87-4d51-b39e-3f7fc62007b7

90bfcec26ab14f3aaad681a7f6051ad3.jpg

The O line looks like a serviceable work in progress.

A bigger and better test comes this week against a Brownie D that held the Stealers to a paltry 2.1 ypc.

17 carries. 35 yards!

Think on that a while.

Edited by vmax

The problem is, Howard & Jensen can't play any better than they did and they were barely serviceable.

Don't give me Howard just joined the team crap, he has been this way his entire career.

Stanley has yet to show he can play with power; he was known for quick feet & zone blocking, not power running. Hopefully he can improve because he still gets blown back, over run by bull rushers.

Jensen we know is horrible, if he isn't missing a block he is holding. Don't ask him to combo block then rub off onto a linebacker because he can't.

Hurst did all right for hiz first real stint inside, he is a strong, power blocker, maybe now that he is where he belongs and can focus on it, he turns out all right.

Yanda we know, mister steady, he can play better than he did Sunday.

So yes there is hope.

They should have done what I said in the spring of 2013. They should have traded him. They could have had their pick of QBs. since then.

Only possible qbs we could of had a shot at would have been Carr or Prescott. Rest of the other slugs went either 1 or 2 in the draft

If they traded him after the super bowl, easily 2-1's & at least a 2.

However, Ponzy lost the team after the first super bowl win when they let Trwnt walk, who could not hit the side of a barn with a hand grenade.

Imagine what would have happened if they traded Joe....

Ponzy had no choice but to five Joe what he wanted. If anything, he should have tried to trade a season earlier, but then he likely doesn't have a 2nd ring.

This thread was about the O line.

If you want to talk about other stuff ....simply start another thread.

Here's good topic suggestion: Why I hate on the Ravens Everyday.

Since the front office has done a terrible job at finding quality offensive linemen, they are fair game in this thread.

Discussing the faults of a team is not hating on them. Only blind fans praise every move the team makes. Jeepers Max, the team could have 40 turnovers in a game and go scoreless for a full season and some folks would see no fault...

Granted, it has only been one game, but the same issues they had for the past few seasons were ever present in that game..